Yay! June 2020 is finally here — A @mousematt™ trip report

Hey, I admire people who can reclaim the books. I’ve tried - I’m not one of them. Fact is, there is a lot more that is offensive than just her views - even in the books. (Chi Chang anyone?) The only way I can even ponder going to Universal is knowing that she gets a flat fee from them every year regardless of if I go or not, and the only way she would make extra money off of me would be if I bought anything - even a water - in “her areas”. So problem solved - stay away from them so I don’t make a mistake. As vocal as she is - regardless of if she gives money to them, her voice alone speaks volumes - I just refuse to support her at all.

And no. I have never eaten at Chick Fil Hate. Hatred and bigotry never taste good.

2 Likes

:flushed:

That’s a closet!
Glad it’s just one night and you don’t have a lot of luggage in the way.
You do get a private bath - correct?

4 Likes

Yes. A very nice one.

And the whole thing is still cheaper and better than the nasty motel room I got at the Poly in 2018. (Yup, still angry about that.)

7 Likes

Awww…

3 Likes

Oh, I’m still ragey. Just not about that.

4 Likes

Whatever. It’s all fake money now and next month it will be $650 a night and the headlines will be even more insane.

At this point all rage is pointless. Today’s crazy is tomorrow’s yawn.

I’m way past rage.
I’m sort of at

15 Likes

This made me laugh–some things are so true, all you can do is laugh

7 Likes

I’m at the panicky stage. I’m finished with work. I’ve spent the day doing laundry. I’ve cancelled my emergency back-up hotel and emergency back-up hire car.

And now I’m faffing over packing. Specifically, at this stage: what bags to take.

So help me out. Do I take my Loungefly backpack as a park bag. Pluses: it’s a backpack, it has good capacity. Minuses: a backpack? in the summer? are you crazy?

So: backpack —

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

I’m dying with just a thin drawstring back. Save it for cooler weather.

3 Likes

I voted yes for backpack. But if you have a sling bag or bum bag (using the British term to avoid causing you to faint :angel:), that would be better.

5 Likes

@QwertySC makes a good point. I rescind my vote.

What’s your alternative?

1 Like

I voted for backpack but have a question. Is it the only bag you will bring? I like to rotate between 2 different types of bag because I get sick of things on my back then I get sick of having things on my waist. But maybe that’s just me :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Historically I’ve used a washbag, which has two compartments and an outside pocket that fits my phone.

Then there’s the Buckingham Palace washbag that I rejected earlier because the whole thing started feeling very heavy. And then a manbag that’s supposed to be worn over one shoulder but I carry more like a handbag.

4 Likes

I don’t like backpacks at all, personally.

And I know I say this as someone who has carted a purse and or diaper bag around for over a decade so I’ve had the “showing off” aspect.

But I’ve been bag free for 8 years now and it’s liberating. No waiting for bag checks at Disney first and foremost. It was frustrating that the boys went straight through and I always had to wait in a long line to catch up.

I also like not always having to check to see that I remembered to pick it up after eating or attractions.

So I vote no bag.

6 Likes

I’m edging back to the loungefly.
If it’s too hot against your back, maybe you could just single-shoulder it for a bit.

2 Likes

Oy!

I forgot that part too, my traps would never let me lug around that extra weight anymore.

1 Like

Ugh, those are amazing bags though…

2 Likes

That’s not a thing. There’s stuff I want / need to carry around and don’t want to have in my pockets.

I think the backpack will be too hot. I was firm on the manbag but I’ve repacked the contents in my trusty washbag and they fit nicely and it doesn’t feel too heavy.

6 Likes

The Loungefly looks small enough that I would probably go with that since it’s stylish. Otherwise the EA7 looks the easiest to carry and small enough to not become a nuisance.

2 Likes

When were you last at WDW? They have automatic scanner things now. You walk straight through. Most of the time.

4 Likes