Yay! June 2020 is finally here — A @mousematt™ trip report

FTFY

2 Likes

Meanwhile I’ve been agonising about shoe choice.

I thought I’d made my mind up. I had a pair I liked and had been testing on long walks. Seeing the torrential rain they had on Monday, I sprayed them with Crep Protect this evening to be extra sure. Then I tested them — perhaps over-aggressively — by holding them under the kitchen tap. The water soaked through almost immediately.

I now have Crep Protected another pair that I’ve used in the parks many times before. Test results will be issued shortly.

4 Likes

Can’t help you. I wear sandals all year long.

1 Like

If I take the Loungefly I can add things like spare socks. And it does have a carrying handle.

But the washbag makes it really easy to see all the contents and access them.

2 Likes

I can’t possibly make an educated opinion without knowing the alternative.

1 Like

Eww.

I will also be taking my WDW Crocs. I tested them sockless today. It did not end well.

2 Likes

i voted no, if only because the loungefly seems thick and heavy for june. on your back. on the surface of the sun.

4 Likes

Do keep up.

2 Likes

I see now. How do you physically carry the 2 smaller bags? Wristlet style? In hand?

5 Likes

Standing in line. The first real line of the day. There are lots of loungeflys. And similar styles. Should I start asking strangers if they wish they had brought something else? @Julianne_fki uses hers at the parks.

10 Likes

Yes

It was fine in March. But I think it will be miserable in June.

2 Likes

Yeah no way in hell I’m holding onto something by hand all day long. Especially in a billion degree weather. I will go vote backpack now.

14 Likes

Results of water test on alternative shoe choice:

Huge success. Water flowed right off. At the front. Didn’t try the area in the middle with the laces and tongue. I didn’t think that would survive a blast from the tap. But the front definitely did.

3 Likes

That also means your feet can’t breathe as well so I’d pack an extra pair of socks for your inevitably sweaty feet. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Same! I would lose that right away. I always wear a Loungefly in the heat, doesn’t bother me too much.

9 Likes

Last January at HS and Epcot where I was most, they had every pass through the scanner and pulled 2/3 of bag wearers off for inspection. To where I was surprised when someone with a bag in front of me was let through without inspection, but it happened.

1 Like

It could have also been that I was there on high population days. (Christmas/New Years Eve/Race weekend and MLK)

Decisions made.

I’m taking the black Superdry spongebag — I’ve used it many times before and it just works for me — and the shoes I always take because they’re the most water-resistant. The backpack will be too hot for me. I will probably take it in December.

Now packing my briefcase which is for things I’ll be using / wearing in London and on the flight.

5 Likes

Can you add a clip on strap to the wash bag? That way you can wear it as a crossbody when you want and hold it in hand when you don’t.

1 Like