Wow! No maskers are getting to Disney!

I just say this on Blog Mickey F B!

1 Like

What is wrong with people? Mask rules aside, who behaves that way? And in front of their kids? Is it wrong that I HOPE alcohol was involved? Because if a grown man behaves that way sober…

11 Likes

It was park entry, they didnt say the time, but my guess is no. My gut is they are like several running around in our communities. They dont understand the masks and are being Karens (although I hate that term, right now it has a somewhat universal understanding). Rules dont apply to me mentality. Prayers for the CM and I hope he or she follow throw with pressing charges.

3 Likes

I wonder if they were locals. I only say that because my recent experience seemed to suggest that the locals are less inclined to be mask compliant. I mean, if you come to Florida from out of state, you probably know exactly what you’re getting into. But locals show up at the park and are not prepared mentally or with proper masks and then get irritated. Especially since masks are maybe not required or as wide spread in Florida as they are in other locales. We saw a few people getting sassy with CM’s over masks on the weekend days we were there. Did not see this on the weekdays. Correlation is not causation and all that jazz, but that was my theory.

6 Likes

Its a good one. The article didnt say but yes, I would agree that the people putting the time, money and effort into a WDW trip right now are doing their due diligence. But, u never know. Wifey could have booked the trip hoping her DH would follow protocol. DH didn’t want to. Lack of communication. It did say today but I didnt verify the day it happened was today. Also, I bet some schools are closed in FL bc they didnt know what to expect with Laura. Hmmmmm. Will have to dig deeper. Now I want to know, local vs. transplant.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

6 Likes

There is additional information offered by the Orlando Sentinel article (that BlogMickey used as the reference).

2 Likes

Interesting article. He was indeed a local. I was interested in the part about the county doing spot checks to make sure the local mask mandate is being enforced. The paper was questioning why they haven’t visited Disney or Universal. The county’s response was that they hadn’t received any or very few complaints. I thought the mask compliance was really excellent at WDW when we were there. And the times that people were “cheating” it was out of sight of the CM’s. By cheating I mean wearing mask under the nose or pulling it down to the chin while standing in line, etc.

2 Likes

My best friend is considering legally changing her name due to the “Karen” memes. It has really gotten out of hand.

3 Likes

It really has. I have a friend that tells people her name is Kayla now😬

4 Likes

Pretty poor theory. Florida has one of the highest positive cases in the US. To say people may be unaware or haven’t heard of masks is ridiculous.

1 Like

Not unaware of masks. I meant unaware of Disney’s policy on masks.

2 Likes

When we were heading into Disney Springs there was this couple, maybe in their 50s, where the wife had a mask that must have said something inappropriate (perhaps political? Not sure, since we were behind her). Anyhow a cast member said she needs to put on a different mask. The lady said it was the only one she had. The CM then tilde she would have to turn it inside out then otherwise security wouldn’t let her in. She did so, but apparently this was still somehow inappropriate because the security person did in fact stop her. She started complaining and saying she didn’t have another mask. Conveniently, the mask vending machine was just a few steps away. No excuses!

7 Likes

How can you live in the state of Florida and not know the Disney Policy on Masks? Heck I live in North Dakota and I could easily tell you the Disney Policy on masks. I agree with Ryan1. No Excuses.

4 Likes

It’s really unfair. My best friend is Karen (spelled Carin) and so is my sister in law, and neither is the bad Karen type at all. People say Karen now like that’s a bad thing.

3 Likes

I like the name Karen. Must be a Florida thing as here in the midwest we know nothing about it.

lol… the Karen ‘thing’ is a national ‘thing’ you’ve just missed it some how. I know it was a ‘thing’ in Utah. But hey, now you know :wink:

3 Likes

As a guy named John who does not know any ladies of the evening, nor is a toilet, I think Karens will just have to get used to their new lot in life.

11 Likes

good one

Presumably you all know that “trump” in the UK means “fart”.

4 Likes