Wow! No maskers are getting to Disney!

:zipper_mouth_face: it’s not the f word I use. But I must behave. I must behave. I must behave.

3 Likes

I hate that they’ve co-oped “Karen” It’s a common enough name. It’s a form of bullying that is uncalled for. Someone thought they were being clever and they were just being nasty.

That said, if my name was Karen, I think I might become a “Kari” / “Cari” .

6 Likes

I told someone the other day, they called me a Karen because I told them they had to wear a mask to enter the store (didnt have one on and its mandated in our area). Im so sorry, its mandates, Im Desiree, whats your name? Jake (still mask in hand, not on face). I said please dont be a Jake, put your mask on or u will have to lea ve. He left, no regerts! :joy::joy::sunglasses::upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Did you see @JJT comment earlier? Well said I think.

hahaha!

I think I’m going to back you on this one. It’s now the equivalent of calling a woman a (white) b****.

It’s definitely being used to bully women, typically white women, from voicing their opinions in a ridiculous range of situations, way outside the original context.

The sexist and racist overtones are the opposite direction of where I would like to see discourse moving.

There are appropriate ways to call out someone that is behaving inappropriately without specifically disparaging their race and gender in the process.

5 Likes

Problem is, people dont respect other people, they see the surface and react before thinking. They weren’t always taught the be the better person. And really, Karen is just a lazy, unoriginal way of insulting someone. Its like throwing the f bomb around to show anger and displeasure. Be original please, learn some intelligent words to adequately express how you feel.

5 Likes

I don’t use the term myself, but I find it mildly hilarious that one of my estranged sisters is named Karen, and she is the epitome of the insulting form of it.
She literally sat in her son’s home while he was out and told her friend on the phone that he was a useless a-hole, not knowing he had security cameras in the house that recorded it. When he confronted her, her defense was “well you weren’t supposed to hear it.”

1 Like

This. Is. Priceless! We have one in the living room to (to watch our doggo during the day). Its only come in handy tosl settle disputes :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes