Would this modify trick work?

i don’t rebuild my TP while in the park. In fact, I prefer a printed version and putting my phone away as much as possible. My touring plan is really a loose plan. It helps me determine when I should set up FPP initially, where I should head for RD. If I find that my kiddo would rather ride Dumbo 3x and skip Barnstormer altogether, so be it. Some things we modify on the fly. But, the TP helps me determine what time of day puts me in Storybook Circus area.

ETA: this also avoids everyone standing around saying - “where to next”.

6 Likes

I always get early ones, we take breaks in the afternoon when it’s busiest but I’d do it anyway.

You would need an available FP time. But don’t forget, people are modifying or cancelling FPs all the time. So it’s always worth checking.

Don’t just rely on the TP checker to see if there are any left. Modify your existing one to check!

4 Likes

My preference is to book my 3 FPPs for when they will be most useful for my plan overall rather than using them when they really don’t save that much time in hopes of getting a useful 4th FPP. Bird in the hand…

2 Likes

It was suggested to me (and I plan to test it out) that you book your fast passes early (9,10,11) but you use the first one at the very end of the window (say 9:55). This way you can rope drop and still take advantage of short lines for a few headliners before you start using your fast passes, but at the same time your fast passes aren’t so late in the day that you lose your chance at extra same day fast passes. I’ll let you know how it works for me after November. :wink:

5 Likes

This is exactly what I do. Let’s assume a 9am opening. I would get FPs at around 9:30, 10:30 & 11:30. I would RD and tour from 9:00 - 10:30. I would use my first FP at 10:30 (end of the window for the 9:30-10:30 FP), then I would immediately ride using my 10:30 - 11:30 FP. I would then either take a break for a morning snack, ride a walk on attraction, see a show or try to move my 11:30-12:30 FP up (doesn’t work as well if you have a headliner attraction at this time).

This situation is always my go to game at MK. It doesn’t work quite as well at the other parks, because there aren’t quite as many FP options, but I still always aim to use all of my FPs before 12 or 1 each day.

7 Likes

Hmm…My party has some mobility issues and is therefore pretty walking-averse. How much criss-crossing of the park does it require to take advantage of getting all those tightly packed FP’s?

This is the way I do it.

2 Likes

I got 8-10 FPP each day in MK Easter Week 2017 without criss crossing.

2 Likes

I always get my FPP burned at MK asap, and start accumulating my 4th, 5th, etc… I worry about it less with the other parks, and not at all at Epcot. Anyone who tells you they save them for when they are “more beneficial” later in the day, ask them to look up the wait times for SDMT at 9:45am.

2 Likes

Priority 1 should be to get FPs for the super-headliners that you won’t be able to get anything for otherwise.

After that, I’d go with “earlier is better”.

It also depends on the size of your party - it is far easier to modify your way into super-headliner fastpasses with a party of 2-3 than with 5 or 7. And if you’re trying to book a party of 21 all together, forget modifying to find perfection.

Just my $.02.

Since we have late-risers in our group, I plan to RD with the early risers and make the FPP for the late morning/early afternoon when the late-risers will get there. Otherwise I’d just stick with the 9,10,11 FPP schedule and make more as the day goes along. But it’s important to us to be able to ride some things together as a group, so that’s my plan.

Some refresh my memory: what do you need to do to allow an extra Tier 1 booking or a booking at another park? Do you need to use all 3 initial FP’s? Can you cancel or not book some?

You can not book some. Booking a tier 1 in one park and booking a tier 1 in another as soon as you tap in is fine.

You can either book just one or two FPs in advance.

Or you can cancel one or two pre-booked FPs.

So theoretically, I could book SDD, something1, something2, and as soon as I tap in for SDD, cancel something1 and something2 and immediately book TSMM?

Or could I just book SDD, tap in, and then book TSMM without having to go through all the fuss?

Yes to both.

Option 1 could be useful if plans change and you decide to park hop once you’re there.

Otherwise just do option 2.

2 Likes

Cool. And do you have to cancel something1 and something2 in order to see availability? Or could you check first before canceling?

You can see availability in another park, but you have to ignore the warnings that your FPs will be deleted.

Nothing will be deleted until you confirm you want to go ahead and make the new ones.

This is a summary of what to do, using the app:

~ tap the “+”
~ select guests
~ select date and new park
~ continue beyond any warnings
~ you won’t lose anything if just checking availability. After checking, back out of the window and your original FP+ remain.
~ when you confirm a FP+ for the new park, that’s when any original FP+ are replaced.

If you continued, you would lose all existing FPs, so be careful.

Best to simply cancel the existing ones you don’t want and then book them as normal.

1 Like

Is that only for a different park and not for the original park?