Would this modify trick work?

Say I have three FPPs at 9am, 10am and 11am.

I tap in to my 9am. Can I modify my 10am to a 9.15am, assuming I can find one?

Yes that works.

1 Like

Gosh :open_mouth:

2 Likes

What? I didn’t know that! Wow!

1 Like

Yes, we have done this before too.

1 Like

You can modify an unused Fastpass at any time. As long as the new return time doesn’t overlap with another Fastpass you’re good to go. :+1:

2 Likes

Now you’re learning, grasshopper :man_student:t2:

8 Likes

THe important point here is that it doesn’t overlap with another unused FPP - once you have tapped in you have “used” that FPP and its time is no longer blocked out in the system.

5 Likes

That’s good to know. So Theoretically you could then modify your third FP to an earlier time and then when they are used, book your fourth FP even earlier than previously planned.
Is that right?

3 Likes

Yes, you can keep doing it as long as there’s no overlap with unused FPs.

2 Likes

Ah. This is very helpful! Thanks to all.

I can’t wait to try this!! I have managed 8-10 FPP a day without doing this! This brings the A-Game!

1 Like

I’m thinking Mickey Ears with the phrase Modify! Modify! Modify! would be a good tattoo? LOL.

I need to write OBNurse’s mantra on all my Disney notes.

2 Likes

This is the crux of the modify “trick”.

2 Likes

In Matt’s example, can you modify the 11am, while keeping the 10am? Or does it have to be modify the 10 am?

Can modify either… as long as they don’t overlap. So, couldn’t modify the 11 to 915 as that would overlap w the 10.

1 Like

I asked this in another thread, but I’m curious to hear what people on this thread think: Is it better to get a bunch of super early FPP’s when they won’t be as meaningful and try to modify and get 4th+ or is it better to get FPP’s for more crowded times later in the day when they’re worth more but won’t leave as much room for modify-trickery or additional FPP’s?

Does this answer change for different parks, given the availability of 4th FPP’s and overall FPP usefulness?

3 Likes

As a follow up question, if my fast passes are for headliners that don’t typically have much same day fast pass availability is it likely that I’d actually be able to modify them to an earlier time? Wondering if it requires that there be available fast passes in order to modify it to a different time.

For example, if 7DMT is my second FP and there are no same day FP available is there any chance it could be modified to a different time?

2 Likes

What!!! Mind blown!!:exploding_head:
Thanks for the tip!!!

Another question: How does this work with TP’s? It seems like you would be throwing out your TP and rebuilding it every hour or so.

1 Like