Wine & Dine Weekend 11/3 - 11/6/2022: The Main Thread

Link to story and full details

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/virtual-queue/?fbclid=IwAR3UWbCrMNmDVbJA4cum0TCWqzR552ciMJyAXqWmx_oWfr-5RXl485KkziE

1 Like

I just read about this. I never go on the first day, so it really doesn’t matter to me, but I think it’s probably a good thing. The merchandise lines on the first day are such a mess!! I don’t really understand what is so important that people are trying to buy? Is it the spirit jerseys?? I thankfully don’t wear those, so I don’t have to worry about trying to buy one. I won’t be there until Saturday when there are no lines.

On the one hand, yes

On the other hand, at least the resellers had to commit to waiting in that line like everyone else. Now you’re opening it up to literally ANYONE within 45 miles who has an MDE and is in the know.

I feel like it might make things worse

For me, I just wanted my marathon finisher shirt (the “I did it!” one - I have the one provided with my registration thankfully) and jacket. It was my first marathon. I was there on day 2 and they were selling signage because the stock was so picked over. I did get a pin and my car magnet but otherwise there was nada left that was worth getting

1 Like

Do you think they actually have the technology to do the 45 mile thing? I do feel for the people flying in that day & being on a plane at 7am.

I don’t see why not?

But then again it is Disney IT…

This morning is my last longish run. I usually run in Saturday with a group, but it’s just my husband & me this morning so it will be 6 miles.

I’ll do two 3 mile runs during the week & OTF twice. Friday & Saturday no workouts.

What is everyone’s plan for this last week?

3 Likes

I’m definitely going to be slower than last year, but that’s ok :+1:. I’ve also gained a few pounds so I need to make sure my Ariel outfit still fits :rofl:.

4 Likes

Hi all,

We made it to Florida and getting ready for the 5K. This is my first RunDisney. I see that we should be able to print out expo passes starting 10/31 (today). Does anyone know how that works? I can’t find it.

Thanks

2 Likes

I don’t think you have to print anything. Just having it in your phone is fine. Did you electronically sign the waiver online?

2 Likes

My sister didn’t have a printout. Just the QR code was enough.

1 Like

thanks, I will try getting the code on my phone. I am not very mobile literate.

Thanks,
bt

@Briturner check your runDisney account now. It should be in there. This is what my page looked like. Once I clicked check in pass there was an option of what I wanted to do. I put it in my Apple wallet & also took a screenshot of the pdf.

@Briturner this is what it looks like. I meant to post this above!

1 Like

My last week of training got derailed by a stomach bug in the house. Crossing everything that I get to skip my turn with it :mask:.

Oh no!!! Fingers crossed you stay healthy. When are you leaving for Disney?

Thursday—so I need to survive about 36 more hours at home

I’m almost to the expo! How have everyone’s races been so far?

1 Like

Made it through the half! I think the rain was a blessing, it got so hot so fast once it cleared up.

3 Likes

Congratulations!! I wish it would have rained later in the race. My feet got so wet! I was in Hollywood Studios during the downpour & there were so many puddles! I have huge blisters. I still had fun, but it felt really hard.

2 Likes

This is the song being sung by all of the participants. It was too hot, humid, and very very hard.

You did it though! And in tough conditions! Congratulations to all!

1 Like