Wine & Dine Weekend 11/3 - 11/6/2022: The Main Thread

Duck detour :joy:

2 Likes

How’s everyone’s training? I feel a little behind. It’s just been so hot. I did 8 this morning & I have gotten a couple of 9 milers in.

I got hit with the back to school crud my kids brought home so I’m definitely feeling behind. Need to do 9.5 this morning but not feeling great, so I think I’m going to do 4 and try the long run tomorrow after school drop offs.

1 Like

I guess better to get sick now then right before the race! I’m going to try for 8-9 next Saturday, I’m going to be out of town, but I’ll be in Boston with much cooler temps, so I should be able to get it done.

After that my plan is 10, then I’m going on a cruise , 2 weeks of 12 hopefully & then it’s just one more week until the race. I have Stevie Nicks tickets the weekend before the race, so I’ll have to run Sunday instead of Saturday.

I have at least 2 more 1/2’s this running season, so I can’t stress myself out about my time with this one.

3 Likes

Let me know if you need help with planning a ‘safe’ running route!!

2 Likes

I am not at all concerned about time and as long as I can get to 11/12 I won’t be concerned about finishing either. I’ve been just fine up to 8 so my confidence is pretty high. I may be one of the last to finish, but I’m pretty sure I’ll make it!

2 Likes

I’m staying with my sister in the seaport & I know it can be quite a hassle to run too many miles in that area without constantly stopping g to cross streets.

She said I should make my way to the esplanade, but she said going through downtown crossing there are lots of homeless & drug addicts. She thinks I should Uber to the esplanade! I think that seems kind of crazy. She did say she walks through downtown crossing to go to Orangetheory & that she always just figures she can outrun anyone that tries to bother her!!

Do you think going through that area around 8am on a weekend day would be ok?

I survived my Boston run! It actually felt amazing to run in cool temps. The hardest part for me were the brick sidewalks & a couple of hills. I’ll run 10 next Saturday.

5 Likes

This actually seems perfect.

And now I realize that was a week ago and you did your run yesterday! It was gorgeous here yesterday!!! I hope you enjoyed yourself!

1 Like

I got my W&D after party ticket in the mail yesterday! My hubby isn’t running, but my running partner is going to be with 3 non-runners, so she won’t be using her ticket & she’s giving it to us. She did the same thing last year which was so nice.

I can’t believe it’s almost time for W&D. One more long run next weekend & then the week before W&D I’m going to see Stevie Nicks. I’ll try to get a short run in on Sunday, but I assume I’ll be out of commission on Saturday.

2 Likes

The course map is out! Trying to find a link to it. I’m seeing pictures on FB. Starting & finishing at Epcot with no Animal Kingdom!! I’m not thrilled at all. I had so much fun last year with this course. I was really hoping for the last 3 miles in the park.

1 Like

I am getting FOMO

So excited for you runners!!!

https://www.rundisneyexpo.run/?fbclid=IwAR3hSASpKNSNtSEHlRC3aanhxv9oF-z-L1Pejn4X3iFlrhL5ECfqyMNbz_4

Here’s a link to the event guide.

2 Likes

Greetings,

This will be my first RunDisney event (and my first organized run / walk). I have been trying to get in shape for this.

Does anyone know if you can change the shirt size you get? When I signed up, I was much larger, and have lost over 110lbs, so my clothes size has changed. I am hoping to get a shirt I can wear, not something that is now too big for me.

Thanks

1 Like

Great job on the weight loss :clap: Yes, it’s very easy to change shirt sizes. There will be a shirt exchange just after you pick up your shirt. Very easy to do!

What race are you running? I’m running the 1/2.

I am only doing the 5k, but remember when I signed up I had not jogged a step in years (and was much larger).

I know I can do the 5k, and probably the 10k without falling behind the 16 minutes per mile
(I plan on doing a 10k on my own next week just to test that, though it is at 6000 ft altitude).

I will not be pushing it at Disney because the person I am going with went to the doctor and was told to only walk. But the real goal was to provide a challenge and motivation to lose weight. So for me, RunDisney was already a success.

4 Likes

Did my last long run before wine and dine this morning! Wasn’t great, but I’m glad to have the mental hurdle cleared.

3 Likes

Great job!! I wanted to get 13 in, but it just didn’t happen. I ran 11 yesterday & felt great, so that will have to be good enough :blush:.

2 Likes

I felt great until the last 1.5 and then the last half mile my hamstrings were not on board. But we made it. Recovery is going well.

2 Likes

A VQ has just been announced for merch on 11/3. No standby will be allowed that day. VQ is the only way to enter the merch area that day. Join in the same way as you join other VQs in the MDE, selecting “runDisney merch queue” to do so.

VQ is not required on other days

1 Like