Wine & Dine Weekend 11/3 - 11/6/2022: The Main Thread

Thought I could collect everyone into weekend threads. Might make it easier to follow those threads that are most meaningful to people.

Am I being bossy?

1 Like

Not at all!! LOL :rofl:

I am so excited for W&D. Running the 1/2 & staying at SSR for 3 nights.

1 Like

I like the organization, personally.

I’m running the half with my BFF (well, probably not with, she’s much faster than me) and will be at Coronado Springs 4 nights. My sister will also be with us but isn’t running.

1 Like

I always see a bunch of questions around the registration process for events like the W&D Half Marathon Weekend. I thought it might be a good idea to post a visual walkthrough of the process. Here is what I walked through on March 22, 2022.

At around 15 minutes before the official registration time for the event, I opened up my favorite web browser and went to the main runDisney website for W&D. The link I used was: Run Disney

I went to the Challange tab for the event, scrolled down and noticed that the queue had already opened. I clicked on the green button labelled “Register Now”.

Note: You do not need to locate the button for a specific race at this point in time. All you need to do is find any button that says “register now”. You will be able to pick the event you wish to attend once the registration process begins.

At this point, I was redirected to a “waiting page” that looked as follows:

Within a couple of minutes, the webpage changed to include the estimated wait time I would have for registering for the event.

Once it became my turn, my laptop made a loud noise to make sure I was aware that it was my turn to register. The message on the screen looked as follows:

It then prompted me to log into my Disney Account.

Note: To save time in the registration process, it is often recommended to log into your Disney account before you get to this step. This can be done by scrolling to the bottom of the webpage and clicking on “Manage my account”. Most people do this in a separate browser window/tab.

I was then greeted with the registration webpage where you enter all your information.

The next step in the process is for you to select the event you wish to participate in. I was presented with all 4 options on the screen.

Just click on the event to highlight it blue.

If an event is no longer available (sold out), it will not provide you and option to click on it here.

Fill in your information for the race at this point. If you are logged into your Disney account, a lot of the information will be pre-populated for you.

Make sure you check the acknowledgement field.

And the I understand check box.

If you are registering for an event and are worried it may sell out, select the option for time that does not require a proof of time.

Once you have finished the registration process, you can go back into the registration and update this field. Do not waste your time filling in all the details; as time is precious.

Just pick any finish time and pace at this point. Go back in later to update the information so that it is accurate.

If you are registering more than one person, click on the “I want to add another registration” button. You will then repeat that above process for each person you are registering.

If you are done adding all participants, click on the “Next Step” button.

Enter in any donations you want to give, any promo codes you may have and click on the check box.

Select your payment method and fill in your details.

Click the use this card button and continue.

I stopped documenting the process at this point as I was not really signing up for the race. I do believe the next step will be for you to select any merchandise you wish to preorder and then finish the registration process.

You should then receive a confirmation number and email with your registration. Make sure to keep screenshots of this data as there have been problems with the website in the past.

You can then go back in and modify your pace and anticipated finish times.

3 Likes

What a great visual!!! Thanks for sharing this!!

Soooo….what are the odds we’ll be able to ride GOTG during the after party…

@TacoBelle20 that would be amazing!! I believe Remy was running last year & it was a new ride, so hopefully it will be. Our next trip is Labor Day, so we are hoping to ride then.

Have you been to the after party before? It was pretty crowded last year, but we had a lot of fun.

No, this will be my first run Disney experience!

1 Like

You will love it! I have run several Disney races, but last year was the 1st time for Wine & Dine since they moved it to the morning. I had the best time. I really love the course. Even though it doesn’t go through the Magic Kingdom, I love going through the other 3 parks.

I also think the end is so much easier than marathon & princess weekend because the last 3 miles are so enjoyable! You enter Hollywood Studios right around mile 10, that gives me just the boost I need for the last 3 miles.

1 Like

Agree a million times!! I ran last year’s W&D and that last stretch I had a smile on my face the whole time. I even got emotional running around World Showcase . . .the music and the torches and the views! Perfectly magical!

3 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one!! LOL:) For me it was right when we were entering Epcot by the skyliner. A Fleetwood Mac song came on playlist & I almost lost it. I had to get myself together quick so that I could breathe!

3 Likes

Made some dining reservations before I did my 3 miles this morning and it’s feeling so close now!

2 Likes

When are you arriving? I still have over a week before I can make mine.

11/3, but I have a leading res because the friend I’m going with has one wish only for the weekend and it’s to have dinner at Cinderella’s castle. We had 1 time we could do it, so I wanted a sure thing.

1 Like

Can we pick up race packets that aren’t our own? The friend I’m running with isn’t getting to Orlando until Friday, so if I can get her packet it’d be more efficient for me to do it Thursday.

Or if we don’t care about merch will the wait be shorter Friday afternoon?

We had no wait at all picking up the evening of the second day the expo was open around 5

There was no merch to speak of but we had bibs in minutes.

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll just plan to meet her at expo when she arrives Friday afternoon then. More interested in not waiting than in merch.

2 Likes

Everyone has to pick up their own bibs. I don’t go to the expo until Saturday & there are no lines.

The crazy lines are people on the first day buying spirit jerseys.

2 Likes

Got negative splits for the first time ever…had to save some ducks from the road in mile 3 or I think that would have been faster too.

3 Likes

Yaaaaasssssssssss!!!

1 Like