Will you buy a $200 lightsaber at SW:GE?

I don’t do dessert parties either. I don’t see a value those either and most reviews say the food isn’t great. I can see the shows pretty well and for free just by arriving early. (Heck…that’s one of the pluses of having a TP! We know exactly when we need to get to our shows)

With meals, which I am a big fan of, I can feed my entire family (we are going to have to eat - it’s just nature) at a nice TS for the price of one lightsaber. So I do see value in that. I get a good meal that I was going to need to eat anyway + I get a built in FPP for multiple M&G’s brought right to me.

For me, this is less about the lightsaber and more about the exclusivity of the show. If there was a way to for kids to see the show while in park without a purchase, I wouldn’t have any objections.

4 Likes

Fair enough, but I also think the show would be rrrreally dumb and boring if you didn’t walk away with a saber. Lol

Short answer to OP - NO.

1 Like

Not sure when your trip is but perhaps they could be gifted with Disney gift cards that they can use however they want including on light sabers. You could subsidize as you saw fit/as you normally would provide funds for souvenirs.

2 Likes

It’s hard when you’re not picked at Gringotts. Ask my DD. (My son was picked)

Only two kids get picked for wands in the crowd at Olivander’s. It’s still a good show. There’s an easy script change / add to include non-builders. (Like an oath or cheer)

But hey… while this may not be for me it does look amazing! Kudos to Disney!! For all the big SW fans out there they are gonna love it. Heck… I hope they take up this queue so I can get to MF:SR & RoR faster! :wink:

2 Likes

Gosh darn it @deetee42!! I was convinced I wasn’t spending $200 on a lightsaber and you go and spring this on me? I was complaining about $40 on a wampa and you pull this video on me? You are a bad influence. Of course I’m getting one now…

3 Likes

My adult son is already planning on building one in October. I will not be surprised to see DH come out with one as well. Don’t know where he thinks that is going in the house.

Right next to your wedding photos. Duh. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Well, since that photo is in a closet, that works for me.

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You pays your money, you makes your choice.

I’m with @Randall1028 on this one.

I just dropped $250 on two After Hours events. Why? I want to walk slowly through the FOP standby line, and because I like riding SDD at night. These things will make me happy and give me nice memories.

You’d think I’d be into Star Wars, but I’m just not. But I can totally see how someone would pay $200 for a lightsaber and the experience. I actually think it’s better value than the UOR wands. Three plastic sticks cost about as much as a pretty detailed, complicated, heavy, much cooler stick.

2 Likes

Yes. Take my money.

5 Likes

We were at USH for DS13’s birthday (he was turning 11 at the time) and they looked to be deciding between my two boys, who are 18months apart. I was saying a silent prayer that they picked the birthday boy, because if his brother got picked (he would have been disappointed if someone else got it, but he would have gotten over it pretty quick, if it was his brother that was picked, that is a whole different story) it would have been a LONG ride home! Luckily they picked him and he has a fun memory and story along with an expensive wand that he has not picked up since.

4 Likes

Will I? Noooooooo.

My husband though? The promise of building a $200 lightsaber is pretty much the one and only reason he has agreed to go to WDW. He’s actually mad that I’ve moved our HS day to the last day (for SDD FPP purposes) of our trip because now he has to wait longer and we aren’t staying on property the last few days, so I assume we can’t send it back to our SoG room then?

2 Likes

I am here in DL and plenty of people are buying them. And then they pack them around the parks in their giant packaging. :rofl: If I was a fan, I would certainly do it. The amount of things people were buying during both of my 4 hour previews was mind blowing! There is certainly no shortage of disposable income in Disneyland visitors these past few days! I mean, does 1 kid really need a lightsaber, a droid, the backpack for the droid, one of every animal thing they sell, one of every food item novelty…
All I bought was an opening day pin, but I am not a collector.

4 Likes

The question is, will the lightsabers look as cool as this?

d20608d9333da48646884b69694fd3ba_width-300

3 Likes

Can you bring them on the plane home? Or will I need to ship them.

“What up, noobs?”

1 Like

There is no way we would do this at even half the price. Even if it were just me and we weren’t talking about kids fighting over it or whatever, I think of all the other stuff I could get for $200 and I just can’t see it. I mean, that’s a about half way to another full day for the 5 of us including admission, hotel, and food.