Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

I didn’t even notice that! :joy:

2 Likes

Good, good… a lot of what y’all are saying is confirming what I’d been sketching out after reading over the food offerings at the December meetup.

https://orlandoinformer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360048886874-What-s-the-Orlando-Informer-Meetup-unlimited-food-menu-?fbclid=IwAR0NU9T4n2etcBywm-0DETSOJI0oCX5Y7AOGSvzSbncl7nQsPt_0q5tfsN8

Here’s my “top hits” from the above, with a :star: next to my A-last items.

I’m sure curious what will be in the new “Bonus Bite Zones”.

@gingerSnaps543222 Are the desserts (looks like mostly milkshakes) at Cowfish pretty good? Alternative would be to walk over to Toothsome (again, looks like mostly milkshakes). It will be DH’s “birthday eve” and he loves ice cream, so shakes work well, just wondering which to go with. Cowfish would be more convenient after eating there, but Toothsome looks like something to experience and looks like they have a walk up milkshake bar. (We only plan to do that one meal on Citywalk as food will be included for the two meetup evenings.)

Looks like Cowfish now takes online reservations up to parties of 6 but I’ll need to call with 7.

I actually haven’t had voodoo donuts yet but DH has (there is one in Houston now too). Trying to figure out where to squeeze that in! :joy:. I’m assuming they are best fresh, but would it still be worthwhile to purchase some after dinner for breakfast the next day? (Looks like they are open until midnight.)

Voodoo does take mobile order, so it’s a simple matter to grab them as you walk by. They’re good fresh, but also fine the next morning. Maybe get them after dinner and drop them at the car, or pop them in a locker?

Also, 2 different Toothsome visits have both had terrible service.

2 Likes

Definitely better fresh but still good day next day for Voodoo but with so much else being offered hitting 'em up in Houston is A-OK for the freshness!

I honestly think the shakes themselves taste better at Cowfish but the ones at Toothsome are adorable. It’s honestly too much to really enjoy but for a birthday getting a shake with a cake or a brownie on top seems the way you might should go post the meal at Cowfish. I usually go for the Mochi at Cowfish and the kids and men (dad and hubby) go with the shakes honestly. I LOVE LOVE mochi so when I can get it I get it. Nice you can make reservations now! FYI Everytime I’ve been the line for shakes at Toothsome is long so just be prepared. They also have a chocolatier and you can make your own box of flavored gourmet and beautiful chocolates. I did this and then left the whole box in the hotel room after only eating a couple the night of. :woman_facepalming:

Edit: Did I mention we eat at Cowfish every single Universal visit it’s so good? So good choice!

1 Like

I would not store them in the car or an outdoor locker at 2-3pm in Florida in June; the icing will melt everywhere. I’d get them on my way out or get them in Houston.

2 Likes

DD20 loves mochi so we’ll probably just stay at Cowfish for dessert then. So can we get chocolates at Toothsome without a reservation then?

So dinner and dessert at Cowfish, then after dinner pick up Voodoo donuts and Toothsome chocolates before heading out?

So can we get chocolates at Toothsome without a reservation then?

Yes

So dinner and dessert at Cowfish, then after dinner pick up Voodoo donuts and Toothsome chocolates before heading out?

Yes

that was easy.

1 Like

These are the chocolates, it’s own shop to the right of the restaurant entrance…has its own side door you can enter from that I can remember:

2 Likes

I loved Three Broomsticks but Leaky Cauldron is too “British” for me and my kids! Just FYI. Keep an eye on those menus and make sure it works for your family. The two restaurants are deceptively different for basically being the same thing (British Harry Potter-themed pub), just in two different parks.

2 Likes

We’re the opposite and prefer the real British food. I love the Toad in the Hole and the Ploughman’s Platter.

3 Likes

Very good point… they’ll be at the OI event that runs until after VD closes, though, so no grabbing them on the way out.

1 Like

Well I can’t like that. They are soooo good!
They should try and make a profit on climate-controlled lockers! ha ha

2 Likes

Has anyone eaten at Mythos? I read a few good reviews and we have early dinner reservations there. We have Cowfish in Raleigh so don’t need to do that in Orlando. We’ve eaten at Leaky Cauldron for lunch (2019) and enjoyed it.

We had good food and good service there. I wasn’t feeling well and just had the grilled cheese but it was good, and my friends all liked their meals.

1 Like

It’s good. It’s not gourmet like I think it once was but it’s the best table service option in the park.

1 Like

We really love the appetizers there. I also love the seasonal risotto.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ. In all your dining polls, was there ever a run off for best snacks? I’d love to read through the comments to see what people suggest.

2 Likes

We haven’t done snacks yet! That’s coming down the road a ways, I suspect. But @Bubblez did a thread on a “touring plan for snacks” that has some great recommendations! See if you can find it using the search function.

2 Likes

I must do field research in June then! For science! :test_tube:

3 Likes

Still working on my spreadsheet, I keep getting frustrated at how tedious it is to click on every menu, then find my way back to the park specific dining page. It’s not very user planner friendly.

2 Likes