Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

When we went earlier this month, when I optimized the night before, the whole plan would change and wait times jumped quite a bit. Re-did each morning once we arrived and it would switch back to the earlier estimates (or close to it). No idea why, but none of the night-before, high wait versions ended up being accurate!

2 Likes

Ok, going in ready to pivot, I guess…

Ty!

1 Like

I think you can easily accomplish those three things if you rope drop one of the big 2 and hop in line for the other. I’d lean towards SDD first but not sure what RNRC is doing in the mornings lately.

This was the tweak I was checking: We wanted to split. DH and DS16 RD to RnRC while the rest of us quick hit TSM. Then we’d get in line for SDD and they’d come find us. (Scrapping AS2 completely.)

Is that going to make for a painful wait for SDD. Do we RD it instead?

1 Like

A little more detail: If you are in line at the gates by 8:00, you will probably walk onto SDD or wait just a few minutes. AS2 had a 5 minute wait most of the first hour each day we were there last week. We rode RNRC with a 40 min wait in the middle of the afternoon. I think you can catch a 30 min or less wait if you go there directly after SDD and AS2. That would be my guess. If you don’t mind backtracking, it would be safer to so SDD then RNRC, then back to AS2.

Oh, so should we all RD SDD, then split to RnRC and TSM?

1 Like

Personally I’d swap the split. RD SDD, then split up and do TSM/AS2 and RNRC. You’d probably make all that by 9:40.

1 Like

Ok, that makes sense. Ty!

1 Like

If something goes wrong, you’re much more likely to find a random reasonable wait for RNRC than SDD, in my experience last week.

1 Like

You were right. It finally updated! :sweat_smile:

I should have taken an earlier screenshot. It was like 50 for SDD and 25 for TSM earlier this morning.

3 Likes

100% SDD first. Of all the rides in DHS it’s the only one whose lines don’t shrink all day at all. Unless you ride it first you’re gonna wait an hour. I hope that’s what y’all did. I will say TP was never right though this whole trip for me with anything but Epcot. All the other parks took longer than what TP said they would so I could never leave right after lunch. I still could get a break but only 2-4 hours and never a full afternoon

2 Likes

:white_check_mark:

Now that my planning panic is over, resuming trip report. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m so glad!! It felt like an extra Lines training regimen to me. Like “you think you have a good plan? Let’s see how you handle a 55 minute POC wait at 8:12am! Bwahahaha”

2 Likes

:sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile::joy::sweat_smile:

I’m just catching up on your thread, but my brother was at WDW this weekend and they were still putting one party per pod, so you might split into 3 and 4 and not be with strangers (though obviously still not your whole family together either.)

1 Like

We rode last week as a party of 5 so I volunteered to go solo today so they could fill out a crew

They have plexi separating the engineers from the rest of the crew so are seating 2 parties divided by plexi at times. They put me as a solo pilot with another party of 2 as engineers. It was actually great to be a solo pilot! :smiley:

3 Likes

Did one steering wheel actually control all motion so it made sense?

2 Likes

Gah! I’m sorry - I forgot your trip was at the end of May! (Which is super ironic because I just got a warning that I have replied to you too many times in this topic!)

Being a solo pilot sounds super cool. I will be tempted to sneak over and do the ride alone now during our July trip!!!

1 Like

I think they had left-right on a perfect auto-pilot so made my job infinitely easier? I haven’t piloted before, but just thinking about watching my pilots try to coordinate on our previous 2 rides.

1 Like

We are tentatively planning to take the red launch from MK to WL tomorrow to have a late lunch at GP.

With the blue launch apparently still not running, what is our fastest route to get back to TTC? Red launch back to MK and then monorail to TTC? Or is there a bus between WL and MK that might be quicker (and can we see its status in MDE if we’re not staying there)?

I think at that point we’ll be more interested in expediency than experience.

4 Likes