Will Trade: Random Covid Info for Targeted WDW/UOR Info (aka Land of a Gabillion Silly Questions)

Woot! First training run!

9 Likes

Slowly plucking away at the annoying trip administrivia that’s keeping me from spending all my time tweaking TP and perusing menus. :tired_face:

Incoming awkwardness warning:

I have no idea how y’all do it. Keeping each other’s personal details straight? I sort of think of you are all as one massive entity in my memory bucket. Yes, you are from NY/FL/MT/MI/WA/WI! You have kids of every age! That are in band/cheer/all the sports! And work all the jobs!

Oh, and my memory for faces is even worse. I can literally meet someone a dozen times and still not get past “I thought you looked familiar!”

I can vaguely remember globs of numerical data points about things like Covid, but I totally flail at people memory.

Just throwing that out there so no one takes in personally when we meet up and I introduce you vaguely (or with hashed info) to my family! :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I have trouble remembering names… so its’ ok :wink:

5 Likes

I am hereby making a similar disclaimer if I run into any Liners in WDW! I am especially flustered when I’m in a hurry so please no one take offense if you don’t get much more than a wave and a smile from me as we pass by. But if possible it will be fun to stop and visit for a minute and take a photo for the forum’s sake. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I suspect we have the best chances since our BLT days overlap (if I remember correctly). But with 3 littles in tow, I’m not promising any Liner meets. Sorry to all of you that live vicariously through the forums

5 Likes

It was SO nice to sit and have a lovely chat w/ @Julianne_fki and her DD, but we made the plans to brunch and visit. I got to chat for a spell w/ @ninjasherrie, @Dreamer and @Randall1028 too. None were rushed but I can see liners as go-go-go so, I’d never take offense at just a wave hello in recognition. I’d hate to take someone off their plan of attack :wink: or mine, for that manner, if I was on a mission :thinking:

8 Likes

If you see me, wave me down with your cane and I will stop to say hello! :joy:

5 Likes

4 Likes

These are amazingly mild temps for this time of year for our part of Texas. (Silver lining to the ongoing rain and street flooding we’ve been having.). Wish I could bottle these temps and take to Disney!

6 Likes

Anyone want to join me on my overthinking topic for today?

MFSR. Party of 7. Go.

What are you overthinking? Should I be overthinking this for my trip?!

Only 6 seats, right? Or can we smuggle a 7th aboard?

Do I suck it up and let the rest of the family ride together?

Do we split 4 and 3 and ride with strangers? 5 and 2?

2 Likes

Ride twice and one person swaps? If you don’t want other people. Don’t miss out if you want to ride!

Oh, I’d definitely still ride, but solo with a bunch of strangers. I don’t think they’ll let us swap without waiting again? Maybe I can beg some pixie dust…it will be DH’s birthday…

2 Likes

I agree with this. If you have multiple HS days (I think you do if I remember right), one day one person rides solo or does something else nearby, and the other day a different person does that. The 2 people riding only once with the family automatically get pilot.

2 Likes

Pixie dust would be perfect for this situation!
I think everyone getting a chance to ride with the whole fam would be nice. Either same day or different days. So fun you could fill a whole ride.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, the recent changes in capacity and increased wait times is going to limit the number of rides we can do twice. But yeah, whoever goes solo will get a different perk at some point if nothing else.

1 Like

What @Jeff_AZ said. I’m not going to be in a hurry this trip at all. Smelling the roses. Life has been insanely busy and I’m determined to make this relaxing! Lol

3 Likes

Us too but the mosquitoes from this wet weather are killing me

1 Like

I haven’t been keeping up with hardly any threads. Did wait times escalate at HS again? When I evaluated my plan for tomorrow (Monday 6/7) on 5/28 before we left, I could complete RnRC, AS2, and SDD by 9:38am. I was going to tweak a few things, but now it’s saying those same 3 steps would take until 11:24am. :scream: