Will this (hack) work? Cross-contract booking

Let’s say I want to book 5 nights at BWV using BWV points, but I am short by 5 points. I know I can buy 5 points. But what I am wondering is if, instead, I can do a kind of hack.

So, more than 7 months out, I book the first four nights at BWV. Then, at exactly 7 months out, I modify the reservation to add the 5th day, but now I use 5 SSR points? Even though it is more than 7 months for the final night, the first night is 7 months out, when I could technically use SSR points anywhere for just that night.

Maybe it isn’t possible to combine points from different resorts like this?

Just trying to find a way to avoid paying the $100 for 5 points if I don’t have to.

1 Like

If I’m understanding your workaround I think you should be able to do this at 7mos BUT I think they have to be under the same membership?

2 Likes

Okay. This is kind of what I was thinking. I believe the BWV and SSR contracts will be different Memberships? The separation of memberships versus contracts still confuses me!

1 Like

If they’re the same use year & the same owner they should be the same membership.

3 Likes

They are not the same use year, so I think I’m out of luck.

Maybe not. Do you have two separate memberships?

Check your dashboard.

If you have two memberships and not one, you could transfer points from one to the other. They retain their use year and home resort status and it can’t be undone but it’s a way to do what it sounds like you’re trying to if all else fails

2 Likes

I’m waiting for the contract to show up in my Dashboard. Everything has finished, EXCEPT for the final step of Disney loading the contract into my account. I expect that literally any day.

3 Likes

Hmm. Interesting. I’ll investigate this option.

1 Like

Oh this is that new one you just bought. Ok sorry!

1 Like

Correct! Which is why I’m being hypothetical about it all at the moment. We’ll have a small window of time to book what we want in September before the 7 months window comes up, so I just want to have a game plan.

2 Likes

Transfering is a good option.

FYI - you can’t transfer banked or barrowed points - you can transfer points from their original use year into their original use year and then you can bank or barrow them.

But let me know if you can book your whole stay, with the last day being prior to 7 months, with those transfered points. I would definitely use that hack with my BCV contract.

5 Likes

You can definitely bank transferred points. For some reason I didn’t think you could borrow them though. Have you done it? That would be great if you can ….

2 Likes

Fortunately, in my case, I would neither have to borrow nor bank IF this works, because I have 7 points sitting in my SSR June 2024 use year. The question, now, is whether I can transfer 5 of those points to my BWV December use year contract to book with as I’m hoping to.

I think this might involve me calling member services rather than attempting this on-line. What I don’t want to happen, however, is that I end up with 4 of our 5 nights booked…but the 5th night becomes unavailable. That’s where just paying the $100 for the 5 points makes the MOST sense…if it wasn’t that I’m trying to make this particular trip as least spendy as possible.

2 Likes

You do know you can only buy those OTU points at 7 months though?

2 Likes

No. No I did not. Hmm. Okay. That means that using the SSR points is really the best option, and I have to hope I can secure that fifth day!

I suppose another option…is book the 4 nights, then on that 7-month mark, modify reservation to a single night, using the SSR points, and then book a separate 4 night stay. I worry about wait lists though.

2 Likes

I need to go back and look at what I did for my trips in 2022. I will report back!

2 Likes

What you need here is a little pixie dust from a BWV owner with a few extra points who would be able to transfer you the 5 points….

Sadly I’m not or a BWV owner, nor do I have any points to transfer anyway. So of no use whatsoever. Sorry. :frowning:

2 Likes

If you do thatI I would see if you can book the last 4 nights for BWV and do the first night at SSR. Then try and modify that first night, or waitlist it if you can’t. Worst case, you have to move after the first night.

1 Like

Normally, this would be okay. The issue is…this is to be a workation. So, I would need to be in my hotel room from about 7 am to 3 pm actually doing work…and I have equipment, so it isn’t like I can just take my laptop anywhere, since it is rather an elaborate setup. But I did consider doing just that. If I don’t have any other choice, I guess I will make do.

I am wondering about this though…because at 7 months from day 1, I could buy the 5 points and then modify the reservation to add the 5th day, perhaps? Assuming the SSR transfer points idea doesn’t work.

2 Likes

It turns out I banked transfer points. Thanks for the correction - i will operate on the assumption that I can bank, use the same UY, but not barrow until I see otherwsie somewhere!

3 Likes