Let’s say I want to book 5 nights at BWV using BWV points, but I am short by 5 points. I know I can buy 5 points. But what I am wondering is if, instead, I can do a kind of hack.
So, more than 7 months out, I book the first four nights at BWV. Then, at exactly 7 months out, I modify the reservation to add the 5th day, but now I use 5 SSR points? Even though it is more than 7 months for the final night, the first night is 7 months out, when I could technically use SSR points anywhere for just that night.
Maybe it isn’t possible to combine points from different resorts like this?
Just trying to find a way to avoid paying the $100 for 5 points if I don’t have to.
If you have two memberships and not one, you could transfer points from one to the other. They retain their use year and home resort status and it can’t be undone but it’s a way to do what it sounds like you’re trying to if all else fails
Correct! Which is why I’m being hypothetical about it all at the moment. We’ll have a small window of time to book what we want in September before the 7 months window comes up, so I just want to have a game plan.
Fortunately, in my case, I would neither have to borrow nor bank IF this works, because I have 7 points sitting in my SSR June 2024 use year. The question, now, is whether I can transfer 5 of those points to my BWV December use year contract to book with as I’m hoping to.
I think this might involve me calling member services rather than attempting this on-line. What I don’t want to happen, however, is that I end up with 4 of our 5 nights booked…but the 5th night becomes unavailable. That’s where just paying the $100 for the 5 points makes the MOST sense…if it wasn’t that I’m trying to make this particular trip as least spendy as possible.
No. No I did not. Hmm. Okay. That means that using the SSR points is really the best option, and I have to hope I can secure that fifth day!
I suppose another option…is book the 4 nights, then on that 7-month mark, modify reservation to a single night, using the SSR points, and then book a separate 4 night stay. I worry about wait lists though.
If you do thatI I would see if you can book the last 4 nights for BWV and do the first night at SSR. Then try and modify that first night, or waitlist it if you can’t. Worst case, you have to move after the first night.
Normally, this would be okay. The issue is…this is to be a workation. So, I would need to be in my hotel room from about 7 am to 3 pm actually doing work…and I have equipment, so it isn’t like I can just take my laptop anywhere, since it is rather an elaborate setup. But I did consider doing just that. If I don’t have any other choice, I guess I will make do.
I am wondering about this though…because at 7 months from day 1, I could buy the 5 points and then modify the reservation to add the 5th day, perhaps? Assuming the SSR transfer points idea doesn’t work.