Will these reservations work from 12/17 - 12/27 and how much time should we allow for each, including checking in

Hello, There are 2 adults going (my girlfriend and myself) with check in 12/17 and check out 12/27. Arriving 12/17 @ 10:35 at MCO, taking magical express to Pop Century.
We are using the Deluxe Dining Plan. Our ADR’s we have are:

We are not renting a car and will be using Disney Transportation.

How much time should we plan for for each of these

I am planning on proposing at one of the following - 12/17 Jiko, 12/18 - Cinderalla’s Royal Table or at Be Our Guest.

Any suggestions or changes that anyone has would be great help.

12/17 - After check in, Disney Springs for a few hours
5:35pm @ Jiko

12/18 - MK and the MVMCP
8:25am @ Cinderalla’s Royal Table
1:25pm - Be Our Guest (paying out of pocket)

12/19 - AK day - dinner at EP
8:05am - Tusker House
1:15pm - Yak & Yeti
8:50pm - Le Cellier

12/20 - EP
1:30pm - Rose & Crown
8:00pm - Chef’s de France

12/21 - AK
7:35am - O’hana’s
12:30pm - Yak & Yeti
7:30pm - Narcoossee’s

12/22 - HS
11:30am - 50’s Primetime Cafe
4:30pm - Hollywood & Vine - (FDP)

12/23 - MK morning - EP Afternoon
1:00 - Via Napoli
7:30 - Hollywood Brown Derby (am considering STK instead)

12/24 - EP
8:05am - Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
2:40pm - Biergarten (CLP 6:45pm)
6:45pm - Candle Light Processional
7:30pm - Yachtsman

12/25 - MK
8:00am - Be Our Guest
2:30pm - Cinderalla’s Royal Table
9:45pm - Be Our Guest

12/26 - MK morning, HS afternoon
7:30am - Whispering Canyon Cafe
12:10pm - Mama Melrose
5:30pm - Jiko

12/27 - MK moring, leaving park 11:30am
9:45am - Crystal Palace
1:30pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe.

Our Flight leaves out at 6:50pm on 12/27

That’s a LOT of time spent at TS places. As a frequent Deluxe Dining Plan user I understand the feeling that you want to get the best value, but in my experience 3 TS meals (Yes, BOG is QS for breakfast and lunch, but it still takes more time than the usual QS) in one day is really too much. In addition to the time you’re going to spend (60-90 minutes at each, definitely closer to 90 minutes for CRT and probably closer to 2 hours for the resort signatures when you add in travel time) it’s a lot of food, especially since you get an appetizer and dessert for each person at lunch and dinner.

Also, I’d cross BOG lunch off of your list of proposal sites… at lunch it’s very noisy and pretty chaotic, and since it’s seat-yourself you really have no way of knowing where you’re going to find a place.

And Yachtsman at 7:30 following the processional is really not possible… unless you want to actually run down the path to BC then I don’t see that working at all. The show is something like 40 minutes long (much longer than your typical WDW show), so even if it starts right on time it won’t be finished until 7:25 and on Christmas Eve it’s going to be packed so you’ll have to factor in time to actually get out of the theater and make your way through considerable crowds to the IG. If you run then you might make it to YC a little before 8:00.

I 100% would recommend proposing at Jiko. It will be much more private and intimate. BOG is a fancy cafeteria and CRT will also be pretty busy and loud.

2nd, I agree that you are looking at so.much.food!! For instance, if I ate at Biergarten at 2:40pm, I might not even be hungry again at all that night, let alone for steak at 7:30. (Which you may not make it to anyway.)

3rd, if you are relying on Disney transportation, some of these days you will be spending a LOT of time on busses. On the 21st you are going to the Poly, then to AK and then back to the GF. A lot of travelling on the 19th as well. Could you swap Le Cellier for Jiko again or Boma/Sanaa, something closer to AK?

Lastly, BOG was one and done for us. I appreciate the strategy of a pre-RD breakfast, but other than that, I wouldn’t consider it a 3 time per trip repeat meal. I’m guessing that your reservation on the 25th isn’t even pre-RD.

1 Like

The rest of it looks alright, except for a few little things like the fact that you’re going to spend a LOT of time on transportation, especially after resort dinners and again, in the end you’re going to feel like half of your time was spent on eating.

12/17 - I like Jiko as your first night, when you’ve got nothing else going on.I personally wouldn’t be able to wait and would have to do the proposal there, and then I’d probably spring for an Uber back to Pop, rather than spending 45+ minutes on busses.

12/18 - Party day looks great, just be forewarned that your food options will be more limited once the party starts.

12/19 - AK day is a really, really big food day. It’s pretty well spread out, but I’m not sure I’d want to do Le Cellier after a big, late lunch, even if it is a very late dinner. That’s a heavy meal, for sure.

12/20 - EP day looks great, though I would maybe keep an eye out to see if you can’t possibly switch your processional to that day instead, to avoid the Yachtsman timing issue. It would fit into a day with an 8pm Chefs ADR quite well.

12/21 - 2nd AK you’re looking at the same big lunch, big expensive dinner issue. Unless you really have your heart set on eating at Y&Y twice then I’d skip it one of the days (I’d suggest Le Cellier day) and maybe get something from the QS location there for a lighter option. The trip to Narcoossee’s is going to be a longer one, but that particular waste of time may not be such an issue, depending on what time AK closes that day. You’re still looking at a longer trip back to Pop afterward, though.

12/22 - HS day looks really good.

12/23 - looks okay, except I’ve had terrible service and just OK food the last 3 times I’ve been to HBD, so I personally wouldn’t recommend going to HS just for that.

12/24 - already discussed

12/25 is fine, and CRT for lunch should be really good, but if RD ends up being 8:00 I don’t see much benefit to that BOG breakfast. Remember you’re going to be waiting in long lines for everything, and the crowds will be large enough that it will simply take longer just to go from place to place.

12/26 is going to be another day where you might feel like all you did was eat for the entire day… getting to Whispering Canyon for a 7:30 ADR is going to mean leaving very early (I’d Uber for that one, for sure), and then you’re only going to have a couple of hours in a VERY busy MK before you have to leave for HS. You’re going to get to HS and be eating until 1:30, and you’ll want to be heading to the busses by 4:30 to make your 5:30 at Jiko. Then it’s a long haul back to Pop. Given your lunch at Whispering Canyon the next day, I’d drop the breakfast and do QS at Pop.

12/27 - why would you leave MK at 11:30 for a 1:30 ADR at Wilderness Lodge? You can get there by boat in 30 minutes, so if you leave at 12:45 you’ll get there with plenty of time to check out the decorations before eating.

Just my 50 cents! No matter what you do I’m sure it will be amazing, and good luck with your proposal!

Thank you for your input, we will make some adjustments to what we are doing.

What is pre-RD? I never heard that.

The reason for the 3 meals, is she wants to eat in each of the rooms and I can’t get her to change her mind on that one.

Here are changes so far -
19th - AK with 8:05am - Tusker House, 1:15 - Yak & Yeti, 9:30pm - STK
20th - EP with 1:30pm Rose and Crown, 8:05pm Yachtsman (EP has EMH until 11:30pm so we would just go back to EP to take the bus)
21st - AK (only til 2pm) - 7:35am - Ohana;s (might go on 27th and if we do, no breakfast)
12:30pm - Yak & Yeti (there are dishes here she wants to try), 7:30pm - Narcoossee’s (MK has EMH until 12am so we would just go back to MK and take the bus from there)
22nd - HS with 11:30am - 50s Primetime Cafe, 4:30pm (Hollywood & Vine with FDP)
23rd - MK until 11:20 then EP - 1:00pm Vai Napoli, 7:30pm Le Cellier
24th - EP with 8:05am Akershus, 2:40 Biergarten (CLP @ 6:45pm), 8:20 - Chefs de France
25th - MK with 8:00 Be Our Guest, 2:40 Cinderalla’s Royal Table, 9:45pm - Be Our Guest
26th - MK until 10:30) - 7:30 Whispering Canyon Cafe, 12:10pm- Mama Melrose, 5:30pm - Jiko
or
26th - MK until 1:00pm) - 9:45am - Crystal Palace, 2:55pm - Mama Melrose, 8:00pm - Jiko
27th - MK til 12:30 - 9:46am - Crystal Palace, 1:30pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Or
27th - No parks - Ohana’s for mid morning, Whispering Canyon for early/mid Afternoon

Ohana’s has plenty of Morning Breakfast available on the 27th.

She wants Crystal Palace so it has to fit in there somewhere and I haven’t found much of an opening anywhere when we are at MK.

Oh and I believe I am going to propose on the 17th at Jiko.

Thank you for your input, we will make some adjustments to what we are doing.

She wants to eat a Breakfast, lunch and Dinner at Be Our Guest and I can’t get her to change from that as she wants to eat in all 3 rooms.

Here are changes so far -
19th - AK with 8:05am - Tusker House, 1:15 - Yak & Yeti, 9:30pm - STK
20th - EP with 1:30pm Rose and Crown, 8:05pm Yachtsman (EP has EMH until 11:30pm so we would just go back to EP to take the bus)
21st - AK (only til 2pm) - 7:35am - Ohana;s (might go on 27th and if we do, no breakfast)
12:30pm - Yak & Yeti (there are dishes here she wants to try), 7:30pm - Narcoossee’s (MK has EMH until 12am so we would just go back to MK and take the bus from there)
24th - EP with 8:05am Akershus, 2:40 Biergarten (CLP @ 6:45pm), 8:20 - Chefs de France
25th - MK with 8:00 Be Our Guest, 2:40 Cinderalla’s Royal Table, 9:45pm - Be Our Guest
26th - MK until 10:30) - 7:30 Whispering Canyon Cafe, 12:10pm- Mama Melrose, 5:30pm - Jiko
or
26th - MK until 1:00pm) - 9:45am - Crystal Palace, 2:55pm - Mama Melrose, 8:00pm - Jiko
27th - MK til 12:30 - 9:46am - Crystal Palace, 1:30pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Or
27th - No parks - Ohana’s for mid morning, Whispering Canyon for early/mid Afternoon

Ohana’s has plenty of Morning Breakfast available on the 27th.

She wants Crystal Palace so it has to fit in there somewhere and I haven’t found much of an opening anywhere when we are at MK.

Oh and I believe I am going to propose on the 17th at Jiko.

Pre-RD means Pre Rope Drop, or “anything that gets you into the park before everyone else”. Pre-RD breakfasts are great because A. they don’t waste your valuable park time (and that’s even more important at the hyper-busy times like Christmas) and B. if they’re early enough then you may be able to get out of there and be in line (or well on your way there) before everyone else can even get into the park.

I am going to strongly disagree with dropping HBD for STK. Have you read the reviews on STK? Listen to some of the podcast reviews? There are a lot of great choices in DS The music may appeal to you but make sure it is what you would like.

Look at the menus and make your own decisions. There are choices on your list I would not pick but it is your list! There is a lot of food but that could be the experience you want. When I saw two Jikos I was ashamed I never thought of that!

Interesting - the (few) reviews of STK that I’ve read have been good - but it is one of the most expensive restaurants in WDW. Of course I also read good reviews of the Boathouse and was rather disappointed in my dinner there.

I heard two podcasts in one week (I believe The E-Ticket Report and wdwnt) which both said loud and just not great. Good- not great

I haven’t read anything about STK, which is why I didn’t say anything one way or the other… just that HBD would not be my choice.

Then I will just say I strongly disagree with that :wink:

I based part of the choice on STK of the Unnoficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2017 and what I have heard, also we are waiting for the Rivers of Light to be announced when it will be and the hours of the AK for 12/19. Another factor is getting to where we need to go, so we changed around some of them so that transportation was not an issue.
I so appreciate the information that all are sharing and any thoughts or ideas are appreciated as we can still make some changes based on what I have seen is available at the Table Service places.

If RoL is open will you add Tiffins?

Edited to add: your first two days will stay the same right? I think I am counting more than 30 TS credits? I know you say one out of pocket and maybe eliminating another but is it still one over?

Oh! Could you come back to this thread and give an update on how Narcoossee 's and Jiko were? I am thinking about Narcooossee’s for February and I have only been back to Jiko once with the new menu.

There are 8 signature, (16 TS credits) 14 TS and we will pay out of pocket for the Biergarten CLP package. Tiffins is an option and if we do go there on the 19th, we would make adjustments someplace else.

17th - Arrival day - no park, go to Disney Springs. 5:35pm - Jiko
18th - MK with 8:25am - Cinderalla’s Royal Table, 1:25pm - Be Our Guest - Christmas party rest of night.
19th - AK with 8:05am - Tusker House, 1:15 - Yak & Yeti, 9:30pm - STK (Still open to changing this)
20th - EP with 1:30pm Rose and Crown, 8:05pm Yachtsman
21st - AK (only til 2pm) - 12:30pm - Yak & Yeti, 7:30pm - Narcoossee’s
26th - MK until 12:00pm) - 9:45am - Crystal Palace, 2:55pm - Mama Melrose, 8:00pm - Jiko
27th - No Park - 8:50am O’hana’s, 1:30pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe. (We will be viewing resorts along the monorail to view the decorations)

I saw that some hours have changed for the parks and if it is like the past few years, it looks like more will change.
We do know that this is a lot of food but that is a big part of why we are going and we don’t plan on rushing around. We will be taking our time and even though it will be busy, we are going to take in the shows and parades and rides, along with lots of good food.
Any suggestions for on the 19th to replace STK are appreciated.

I will let you know what we experienced at both Jiko and Nacoossee’s.

I didn’t see you were paying for the CPP OOP! I have done the deluxe plan in the past because I often do dining trips so I love your plan! You will be there at Christmas. Will you be visiting the resorts to see the decorations? Artist Point in Decemeber can be lovely. I think you are much younger than I am and DS at night I think would be a lot of fun. If you want to hear a band play I think STK would be great. With the deluxe plan did you consider Morimoto’s? Since the deluxe plan come with apps and I have heard great things about the ribs.

I will post a review in a couple of weeks of my weekend visit tha includes Morimoto and Tiffin in the same day!

Morimotos! And Tiffins! Both amazing.