Will these reservations work from 12/17 - 12/27 and how much time should we allow for each, including checking in

We hadn’t looked at Morimoto to much but we will. We both have some some physical issues so thrill rides are not a priority to my girlfriend and I. We have scheduled some down time and will check out some of the resorts. We both are big meat eaters, and steak is something we both love so we are looking forward to trying the steaks at different places. She has never been to WDW before and I have been a number of times. So far, in the places I have eaten at, Jiko has had the best steak.
In the past, I swore I would never go during Christmas, as all I’ve heard is how crazy it can be. This time, we had to go due to her job, she is a teacher.

I look forward to the reviews.

You have deluxe dining - have you tried the wild boar app at Jiko?

Lol- I should have recognized the steak choices! You even have Chef de France! Well done!

Have never had the wild boar app at Jiko, did have the Oak fired Filet on a bed of mac and cheese, it was incredible. I’ve heard that the wild boar is great so I am looking forward to trying it.

We have used online reviews, also from both the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney and the PassPorter’s Walt Disney World 2016 guide, along with what have heard from other here and other sites. We based the choices on what they serve (does it have things we will or think we will like or be willing to try, the atmosphere and theme, pictures and some based on my previous dining experiences at WDW. One place she wanted to go eat at is Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. I have only been there once and was not impressed and the reviews I’ve heard are that its not that great so she said she would pass on it. One that I really wanted to go to was Liberty Tree Tavern, but I can’t get her to go there, at least not this time.

Oh, we decided to not go to STK, to wait for it to be open longer, instead are going to Monsieur Paul on on the 19th. As with other places, I’ve heard great things and some not so great. I was looking at menus and would not let her know what place it was from and asked her if she would like to go there, as I have done for many others, even places that are not big on where I would want to go and when I had her look at Monsieur Paul menu, she said she wanted to go there. So we are going.

Since she has never been to WDW, it did take some time and energy to get her to agree that that is where we should go for our first vacation together and now she is so excited to be going, she even had me get her trading pins from ebay, as she wants to do that too. We originally were supposed to go right after Memorial day for 10 nights but had to cancel that due to my new job that I had started, road construction. She was a little disappointed that that one was cancelled but this on over Christmas, she is so excited and she even paid for the Tickets to MMVCP. She said we are going, we are not canceling this trip, we are going to Walt Disney World no matter what.
I’ve converted her.

Oh, she was with me when I was reading these posts to what I wrote and had to tell her there are some things you can’t read (concerning the proposal). She knows I’m planning something but have been able to play it off by saying that since this is her first trip to WDW, I want to make it very special, one that she won’t forget and also romantic. I had her give me a list of her favorite Disney things - Movies, songs, characters, and also asked her to give me a list of things she wants to do in each park, Disney Springs and any resort, along with places she wanted to eat at in each park, Disney Springs and any resort. Give you one guess why we are going to O’hana’s for breakfast (626 - her favorite). I am looking into having a cake made, with a Lion King theme for when we eat at Jiko’s the first night and have on it, something along the lines of I’ll be your Simba if you will be my Nala, and propose then, also want to let the chef know what is going on.

She said she is going to be taking pictures of all our food and wants to post about what the meals were like.

1 Like

Personally, I think Monsieur Paul has the best food of any Disney signature (not counting V&A, which is in a category all it’s own). I would rate Jiko a very close second. I’d put CG, Citrico’s, AP, Le Cel, and HBD in the next tier; Narcoossee’s and FF (old menu) a step below. I haven’t had a chance to try Yachtsman or Tiffins yet.

DS is adding restaurants faster than I can keep up. Morimoto’s was excellent, the Boathouse was a disappointment (OK, but NOT worth the “high-even-by-WDW-standards” price for what you got). Jock Lindsey’s is great for drinks and apps. Raglan Road remains one of my all-time favorite restaurants in WDW.

1 Like

Jiko is a beautiful restaurant. To me, it just feels elegant. It will be perfect! Here is a picture from one of my Jiko dinners

Wild boar!

I must add- if Inever have a question about fine dining I ask @bswan26 and he gave you a list!

Thank you for your information and suggestions. One day, I will get to go to V&A but until then, looks like I will have to settle for Monsieur Paul, Jiko, Le Cellier, Yachtsman, Narcoossee and Chefs de France.

1 Like

It was suggested that I ask you any questions concerning any fine dining. Could you please tell me who you think has the best apps? Best steaks? Best desserts? Best overall service and overall food?
Could you make any suggestions as far as what you think are some of the best things at Monsieur Paul. Le Cellier, Jiko, Nacoossee’s and if you have heard about Yachtsman?
Also if you had these for the dining, would you change any of the reservations and pick a different Fine Dining location and what would it be and what would you suggest for ordering? We are open to trying things, but neither of us is into sushi.

I would absolutely suggest trying to work California Grill into the plan somewhere. That later night you have planned for STK might be a great time to do it, if you can get a similar time. That’s my favorite meal.

Thank you. We got rid of the STK and are now going to Monsieur Paul on the 19th. California Grill is one we have considered but it didn’t fit in to the time tables we were looking at. I will take with my girlfriend again tomorrow and see if we can make it work, or just do that the next time we come (for the honeymoon)