Wild Africa Trek: A Review In Words and Pictures

I would do it on the second day. That way you’ve already hit most things once on day 1 and the Safari hasn’t yet been “ruined” for you :wink: Not that it will be ruined but it’s definitely different after you’ve done the Trek. In terms of knowing what you could skip, the Trek really only covers the Safari so that would be the only thing you could skip on day 1 if you wanted to.

2 Likes

My daughter (the one who wants to be wildlife vet) would love this tour. Thanks for writing this review (and Shawthorne for bringing this thread back up).

3 Likes

@Flavita My daughter also wants to be a wildlife vet. She would love this tour. My youngest is only 5 so we would either have to wait a while or leave him behind. :wink:

@OBNurseNH this review was wonderful and I hope my family can experience this some day. I love the idea of doing an “extra” every visit. We don’t go every year but when we go, we are usually there 10-14 days so we would have time.

3 Likes

Curious what the weight parameters are? (I know this was two years ago and you probably forgot, but is there a minimum, maximum, or both?)

Min of 45lbs, max of 300lbs

They weigh you, out of view of others where only they (and you) can see the number on the scale. It’s done very discreetly and with a lot of care.

" * WARNING: For your safety, you should be in good health and free from high blood pressure; heart, back or neck problems; motion sickness or other conditions that could be aggravated by this adventure. Expectant mothers should not participate.

• Guests under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a participating adult (18 years of age or older).
  • Participants must be 8 years of age or older and at least 48 inches (122 cm) tall.
  • Participants must be between 45 and 300 lbs. with the harness gear on. The safety harnesses used for this experience may prohibit Guests of certain body shapes or sizes from participating."
2 Likes

If you don’t pass the weigh in, I’m wondering if you just skip the rope bridge but can still do the rest of the experience?

(I ask this as someone who is at no risk of failing, I’m just curious.)

I don’t believe so. You need the harness for a couple of other spots (hippo pool area for one), although the rope bridge is the most critical. I believe you would be refunded and need to sit it out.

1 Like

Do we know if this has returned? Do we have to wait until 60 days out like FW cruises, etc?

It has not returned yet. Not sure how far out you will be able to book it. I think it was 90 days before?

Thanks. Fingers crossed we can do this over our crazy Christmas trip.

1 Like

This happened to someone on our last WAT experience. He couldn’t do any of the harness portions (they mentioned something about doing things backstage–I don’t know details). He joined the group when we got on the special safari vehicle.

2 Likes