Why should i stay onsite?

It’s a secret.

(Go to the La Cava section of the forum and click on the BG1 pinned thread. Read just the first post.)

4 Likes

Disagree. We tried G+ one day. It was ok, but our most enjoyable day was not that day. If you know what you are doing and you have a longer trip (we did park 6 days), you don’t need it. I don’t mind waiting in some lines either. I think the longest we waited was 45 minutes. And yes, we did headliners and every ride we wanted at HS (before the Guardians attraction).

We don’t plan on going back to Disney for a while. If we ever do, at this point, it will be off site. Onsite prices are out of control. The onsite advantage of 30 minutes was nice and was more of the game changer for us. But by the time we would ever go again, everything could be completely different.

3 Likes

We don’t mind waiting in lines, so no G+ for us. We might use ILLS for a couple rides during our 7 days in the parks…but since we are staying on site, we have ETPE as well as EETPH we will take advantage of. Furthermore, we are doing the Christmas Party, which will give us a chance to do some rides (hopefully) we particularly love or perhaps missed before during our trip.

The main advantage for on site, for my me and my wife, however, is just the ability to keep the trip more relaxed. We can easily head back to the resort mid day, take a nap or refresh, and then had back in for dinner and evenings. Of course, the dynamic is different for us now than when we go with the family.

With the family, we would stay off site and rent a house for way way cheaper, allowing us to do more days at the parks. We also have a vehicle, so transportation isn’t an issue.

Our kids now prefer UOR to WDW, though, so family trips are more likely to be UOR focused, leaving WDW trips for just me and my wife. Our DVC is allowing us to stay onsite more cost effectively (long term).

5 Likes

I know it is different for people that go often but it is possible to do what you want, have a great trip, have low waits- without Genie+ (please see my screen shots from President’s week). Yes, I had the deluxe night advantage with DVC and I could not imagine it without EE but that goes back to the on-site/off-site choice doesn’t it? Not paying for Genie+ is not always “it is too complicated” or the cost.

4 Likes

So many new acronyms! Ethyl tetra polyethylene?

Expedition everest teaches people haiku?

I’m lost :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

Early Theme Park Entry - all onsite guests 30 minutes every park every day

Extra Evening Theme Park Hours - 2 hours at 1 park 2 nights a week for deluxe resort guests only. Usually it is Epcot on Monday and MK on Wednesday.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was pretty sure that’s what those were, just wasn’t familiar with the acronyms :grinning:

2 Likes

Same as my post, just different abbreviations. I referred to them as EE (early entry) and deluxe hours.

4 Likes

I understood yours because you dumbed them down for me

3 Likes

I actually am old and can’t learn any new ones!

7 Likes

I tend to use the full official abbreviations because EE has multiple connotations. Expendition Everest. Early Entry. Extra Evening, etc.

Listen…no way you can have a successful WDw trip if you don’t know all the abbreviations! (Also…many of them aren’t technically acronyms, including EETPH, so it is more accurate to call them abbreviations!). :grin:

4 Likes

I propose that all abbreviations and acronyms be made into anagrams to make it even less manageable

5 Likes

KO. We only use LATs (three letter anagrams) going forward.

2 Likes

Much better :+1:

1 Like

My last stay ( May ) was a split between SSR and Sports. ***note I normally have a car because I can’t stand Disney busses

Busses at SSR were better than I hoped - and was pretty much totally content without a car

Now sports was a whole different experience- they had some other bus company back filling - and although they were plentiful- I could not use them ( they are not accessible) and it seems from reports from others I was not the only all⭐️ guest having this issue. My waits were well over an hour for accessible bus and required trips back to the desk for help.

No idea if this means anything to you and yours but it made a huge difference for me

3 Likes

Thanks for the report! Accessibility won’t be an issue for us, but that’s kind of a big problem!

I liked how the values had queues for the busses vs the deluxes that just had a crowd that people could push to the front of. I tend to not be pushy and also my kids wander away without the fences keeping them contained so i always worry that we will show up early and have late arrivals cause us to not fit on the bus.

1 Like

We didn’t have too many bus issues at Movies/Music. (We stayed at Movies and got on the bus at Music due to location), but we didn’t have accessibility issues either.

1 Like

I’m so glad I saw this… I have an Oga’s reservation @ 6:55p and Topo’s @ 9:10, I’m curious if we should skip the ILL and just do SB around 7:30?

2 Likes

That would be cutting things way too close for me. You’d have to rush Ogas, pray everything goes smoothly with Rise and the line is very short, and then rush to Riviera.

2 Likes

do you think its possible to score an ILL around the 7:45ish time? or should we try to plan before Oga’s? I’ve been before and we plan on just a drink since the martinis at Topos are fab

2 Likes