Why should i stay onsite?

How are the buses this year? I haven’t seen them mentioned much but it seemed like they were being affected by all the cost cutting last time i was following on here. Have they got it figured out or are they running less frequently and making people wait longer?

1 Like

Unfortunately i think Disney did their homework and found the sweet spot that most people will pay for. I kind of wish they made it $150 per person with unlimited rides. Then very few people would use it and it would be back to the days of standby for everyone.

4 Likes

I have had maybe 2 waits longer than 20 minutes over 3 trips in the last year or so. Almost all my waits were more like 5-10 minutes. The bus system is a logistical feat IMO. Of course there are issues from time to time, as with any complex system. But overall very smooth and reliable.

4 Likes

No. Not for me and my large family. We could never afford that kind of fancy ticket.

2 Likes

I recall that! And I see the error of our ways . . .

1 Like

I thought there were plenty of buses but then Monday is 4th of July.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say fans of it, but it’s a small price to pay for the alternative. I am not going to wait 30+ minutes for a ride. Period. $16 is 1 less cocktail and I can save hours in line and guarantee I can ride all my favorite rides without being miserable in line after line. So am I a fan of it? No, but it’s a means to an end.

4 Likes

But i have 3 kids, so i can’t afford to lose that drink!

15 Likes

Fan or not a fan of Genie+ is a pretty complicated question for me. But if I had to pick one, I’d say I’m a fan. Most of the user interface issues are fixed by BG1 (and Disney needs to make them in the app!). The logistical issues with 7am wakeups etc. can and must be fixed, but didn’t bother me personally too much. I am able to save a ton of time in line with it, so I can’t deny it is a net positive for my trip.

That said, I would be a much bigger fan of a different tool that accomplished the same thing without the drawbacks.

4 Likes

I don’t expect any trouble there. Pretty sure i have woken up that early every day for the last 12 years. My oldest just had her 12th birthday. There might be a connection.

6 Likes

Yeah. Getting up early was a non-issue. I mean - some parks were opening at 7:30/8:00AM last week.

It comes down to the cost and quantity of rides.

We had nothing fancy at UOR in May, pass wise and we did everything we wanted in five days. But we sure waited. That’s not a problem at AK and even EP really, I’d you just want rides.

But there are a LOT of rides at MK. And even HS would be a tight squeeze to do them all with waits in one day.

It’s just the quantity. For an infrequent visitor like myself, the cost would either have to go toward a longer visit or the G+ in order to get to do all we wanted to do.

5 Likes

I’m thinking about doing a night at one if their deluxe resorts just to get the unlimited express pass for 2 days.

4 Likes

So… It’s like we’re opposites.

2 Likes

I don’t have any experience at the parks since Nov 2019, but to me it seems like a basic question of what type of vacation do you want. $1500 is a huge amount of money if what you want is a relaxing, let’s go hang at the pool when we want to, type of vacation. If you want to do park stuff sometimes and other off site stuff sometimes that would probably work. But if you have your heart set on all the latest things and a long list of must dos that money spent is looking more like a good investment in your trip. I’ve stayed onsite the 3x we’ve gone but prices were less then, probably by a lot, and at the time the ability to book FPP earlier was a huge bonus that is gone now.

2 Likes

What is this???

6 Likes

Agree MK and HS are the best uses of G+. I don’t see how you could do everything in both of those parks without spending most of your day in line. Even with a touring plan which I don’t personally think are as accurate or valuable anymore with all the changes implemented in the parks and introduction of G+.

2 Likes

I’ve never been there and my lazy side thinks that will get me out of doing much research for those parks :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I hadn’t either. But we have some very devoted liners who all but planned my days step by step.

2 Likes

Merlock is the nickname for the “BG1” interface that Joel designed.

3 Likes

Now tell us what BG1 stands for

3 Likes