Why Ratatouille only 9 minute wait

Arriving International Gateway 8:30 for Rat at rope drop. May 15. Crowd level 5 or 6. Says only 9 minute wait. Used to say 30 minutes. Why the diff. Sounds great beating main entrance people then over to Frozen and then TT then Soarin to keep ahead of the curve. ???

2 Likes

That is likely the case as long as you beat the bulk of the main gate crowd and are in the park before early entry starts. I would try to arrive by about 15-30 min before EE at the latest.

1 Like

Is 15-30 mins before EE RD enough to get to the front of the EE line. I would think more like 45-60 min ahead of EE opening. And then you still need to move fast to get to Remy. I think it would be difficult to pull off with younger kids who could slow you down (don’t know if that is the case here).

It would be great if you have a 9 min wait, but I would have a contingency plan in case your wait is more like 30 mins.

4 Likes

I have arrived in that timeframe from IG and waited ~10 minutes, including with kids, without too much trouble or jostling. I’ve also waited more like 20-30 min showing up on the later side before EE. It definitely depends on crowd level and a little bit of luck. But Remy is not as huge a draw as FoP or RotR, so it’s usually not as crazy as those at park opening, and even on days when it is, being at IG will give you a leg up.

3 Likes

Usually the line to Remy holds at the bridge to France, so it’s a very short walk after getting through security and taps.

2 Likes

Is early entry at 8:30? The 9 minute wait would be accurate once the ride opens and the line started moving if you are at international gateway much earlier. @Jeff_AZ posted these photos from touring plans;

4 Likes

I’ve been off of Remy before EE actually started. For an 8:30 EE, we try to be at IG by 8:00 and are usually towards the front. We are in line for the skyliner at Pop by 7:15-7:20. Not sure where you will be coming from.

I’ve been able to do Remy, FEA, Soarin, and then Spaceship Earth by 10:30. Typically heading to Soarin around 9:15-ish.

3 Likes

Is there a difference between the wait time if you change from using the IG to the main entrance?

1 Like

Yes, if you are rope dropping from the main entrance the general advice is to not go to Remy. You would arrive after all the IG guests are in line.

1 Like