Rope Dropping Remy

Touring Plans did an Instagram Story about Rope Dropping Remy from International Gateway vs. Main Gate and I thought this information was helpful so I’m sharing here.

TLDR: International Gateway is the way to go.

From International Gateway (on the ride around 8:15am for 8:30am EE)

From Main Gate (on the ride at 8:43am):

5 Likes

I am glad they are trying to put this info out. There was a lot of discussion about this on chat. Two liners, on entered at IG and had a Remy actual time of 9 minutes. The other liner entered from the main gate and started a timer 2 minutes later. That actual wait was over 60 minutes,

@popupcamper, did you see this?

3 Likes

Wow! That’s crazy. Definitely a disadvantage.

Yes, main gate is putting you so far back you really should not be rope dropping Remy from the main gate.

4 Likes

Very interesting! We’re coming from the main gate. So, what’s better to RD?

1 Like

Thanks @PrincipalTinker! I hadn’t seen this as I’m not on insta but really appreciate the tag. Also y’all remember we’re in a relatively low crowd time so the disadvantage grows at busy times. I think yesterday EPCOT was a 7. Was this test from today? Can yall tell?

2 Likes

It depends on what’s important to you but my first choice would probably be frozen if that’s important. Possibly test track if that’s more important but listen for the cars as you walk by. It’s often down first thing. Almost never Remy from main gate. Unless it’s literally the only headliner you want. Then it’s a smart choice.

3 Likes

You’re probably best off going to Soarin’ or using BG1 for GotG. TT would be a decent option but it opens late so often … FEA would be the next best option.

2 Likes

I’m considering driving to HS and taking the Skyliner to IG. Anyone done that? Based on the Skyliner opening in TP’s posts, it seems like it should get us there in time to beat main gate at least.

1 Like

I think it probably works. If you get to HS an hour before early entry, and walk to EP, you’d beat main gate to Remy. Walking is faster than SL. Of course this depends on park opening times but I feel like EP never opens before HS.

2 Likes

I think @PrincipalTinker had an experience of not being allowed on SL from HS at rope drop but I may be mistaken.

1 Like

Well we will probably Skyliner so my kids don’t murder me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Even if we are a little behind. But hoping we still get there before Main Gate crowds.

1 Like

Oh and in our case, both parks are opening at the same time, including same EE time of 8:30am.

I think Soarin is usually a good 2nd attraction choice. I have rope dropped it but I will do it 2x.

3 Likes

I was denied entry at HS SL without an ADR or “SL resort reservation”. Boat or walk was what I was told.

I think it has worked for some but if coming from parking lot I would walk.

2 Likes

You could ride share to Swolphin and walk from there, though it’s still around 15 min with littles.

Another option is ride share to BC or BW, with an ADR in hand (for example for an early breakfast at Ale & Compass) to ensure that you are not turned away at the parking gate (I have done this at BW once and they did not/ask for our ADR but have read reports that others have been asked). Since you can no longer modify the ADR within 2 hrs, you’d need to be prepared to pay the $10 no show fee per person (you can make the ADR for 1 guest to avoid a steeper cost), and consider that the price of being allowed to enter at IG. Or stop by the restaurant in person to cancel and they may even waive that fee.

2 Likes

This has been my exact experience multiple times coming from IG. We stay at Pop and would be in line for the skyliner no later than 7:15 for 8:30 EE. I’ve been off Remy twice before EE officially started at 8:30 three out of four times.

My experience is Remy from IG, then FEA, Soarin, and SE all by 10:30-10:45. I’ll then use my GOTG BG.

3 Likes

But Guardians isn’t open for EE, right?

1 Like

The first BGs are usually called during EE.

2 Likes

Good to know, thanks! Tron too?

1 Like