Rope Dropping Remy

Yes, Tron too. I think I have always been called about 15 minutes into EE. Of course there can always be delays.

3 Likes

This bit is useful…

So, technically they waited 1.5 hours to ride Remy.

But the time from 6:42 to 7:05 offered no advantage. So they could have arrived at IG at 7:05 or so and saved some waiting time. Instead of 1.5 hours, it would be more like 1 hour 10 minutes.

What I didn’t see was when they arrived at MG, to get a sense of actual total waiting time.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks that a 19 minute wait isn’t bad AT ALL for being at the back of the main gate rope drop? I read that as they sauntered up to the tapstyles somewhere around 8am, walked to Remy and then waited only 19 minutes. I saw this Instastory and thought to myself that we are sleeping in extra on our Epcot day!

The IG folks waited just about 1.5 hours for Remy when all was said and done. Looks like they could have shaved 20ish minutes off of that so let’s say they needed to wait in a line for an hour. I totally get the concept of moving your waiting to when the park isn’t open but I think in this instance I would trade the 60-70 minutes of waiting in a line for the 20 minutes. Especially with my kids. The “ahead of the crowd” concept works well at MK when you come off 7DMT and then are still ahead of everyone on PPF, etc. But at Epcot when it’s still now a 20 minute walk to Frozen or TT as your second ride (and then you still have to double back to enjoy World Showcase later) I think that a 20 minute wait feels better in my opinion.

I still have to finish my trip report from March but DH and I took a Lyft to the Swan and rope dropped Remy. The tapstyles were already open when we got there but we were held at the bridge for a few minutes. I think we waited maybe 10-15 minutes and it was grand! I’ll have to see if I can find exact times.

5 Likes

Jinx.

2 Likes

It has to be from either Saturday or Sunday? It was posted on Sunday.

@popupcamper I have been looking at this. Do you think that liner’s definition of “ I was at the front of rope drop” was off?

2 Likes

I completely agree!

Question on IG entrance… we will be @ AKL and was considering lyft for EE as well, but have read so much about IG entrance headaches if not staying there or having ADR… is this not a big issue?

Otherwise, to skip possible headaches, was thinking Main entrance with genie+ Remy, but cant decide between TT or FEA first!

Everyone is so helpful, thank you!!

2 Likes

They really could have shaved off more than that. It seems like they arrived VERY early just to see when people started showing up. I’m curious how many people were there before security opened. I would guess anyone there at that time would end up within view of the rope. So maybe shave 40 minutes and have basically the same result?

3 Likes

You must go to one of the Marriott properties if you want to get dropped off by a ride share. Disney hotels (even All Stars!!) grill you like you want to move into their parking lots and the Crescent Lake resorts will flat out deny you entry without a hotel or restaurant reservation. Swan has a lobby entrance that isn’t a parking lot so you can just get dropped off there with no 3rd degree. It is still a bit of a walk but not terrible.

2 Likes

If you’re there during the TT refurb (starts June 17) you won’t have to worry about it lol. But I’d recommend FEA. If you can get an early return time for Remy LL by being on the ball at 7am, you could tap in by 9:30 and then get a TT LL for the afternoon.

1 Like

I went into my Lyft history. We got dropped off at the Swan at 7:46am on March 16. Let’s say it took us 15 minutes to walk to Epcot. (We definitely stopped at Boardwalk Bakery pretty quickly.) Taps were open when we got there and we walked right through and stopped on the bridge at say 8:10. We only briefly stopped in line.

I don’t have anything time stamped until I was sipping my mimosa at 9:21am. I know I had to wait in line for Les Halles to open at 9. So we were on and off Remy before 8:45.

3 Likes

Thank you. Will be there in May, so I do have to worry about it :slight_smile: My thought is FEA as well. Does anyone have experience with doing FEA & TT back to back EE? Curious how terrible the recent wait times are for the 2nd choice attraction if doing so… or better to just do lesser attraction after. And yes, genie+ TT and/or possible single rider later option.

This was the original post:

The post said they were held until 8;30 and started the timer at 8:37. The wait was over an hour.

2 Likes

I wonder if Remy was open right at 8:30??

1 Like

Someone from IG started timing at 8:35 ( two minutes earlier) their timed actual was 9 minutes. Both users timed their waits. I believe it was 61 minutes from main gate, 9 from IG.

Adding the liner’s details:

3 Likes

2 minutes delay caused over 50 min wait?? That is crazy.

2 Likes

Yes! I think the theory is ( popup can correct me) that the IG met resistance in line when they were in the ride building. The main gate guest line stopped ( timer started) at the end of the IG line- in France.

BUT TP’s test does not show that.

3 Likes

I messaged them on Insta about this as you could also just wait in line for two hours, but they said they would never recommend that someone do this, they needed the info for research.

FWIW, I’ve generally shown up around 8:10 for rope dropping early entry for IG, either walking from BC/YK/BWI or skyliner. I’ve mostly RD Frozen because we like it more. The one time I RD Remy it was down and we waited over an hour. And also, because of the time that they announced it was down it’s a 20 min walk to Frozen or TT, and so at that point we were pretty much better off staying put then getting in another line.

(edited to clarify RD from IG, I’ve never actually RD from the entrance)

4 Likes

We had a similar experience. Annoying to have bothered to get there early and ahead of the crowds, only to have that advantage eaten away like that.

We also RDed from IG to ride FEA on a different day…We didn’t have a very long wait (maybe 10 minutes or so?) once in line, but the MG folks arrived ahead of the IG folks in our case. I know that isn’t always the case, but was the day we were there.

4 Likes

I took that with a grain of salt because they were there on a slow day. The key point is that you are put in the line well behind the IG crowd, which could result in a much longer wait on a busy day. (As the experience from Chat illustrates. :grimacing:)

I just remembered that because of the uncertainty of getting from HS to CBR on the Skyliner in the morning, I decided to switch around our itinerary so we drive to the Main Gate at Epcot after all. We’re going to get a Remy LL at a drop rather than trying to RD. I think that will decrease the risk. We have multiple opportunities to ride Remy so it should be ok.

3 Likes

Completely subjective opinion on this one…BUT…another factor in making a decision about rope-dropping Remy is…is it worth it?

Now, if you have never done it, I can see justifying wanting to try to RD it. But, we’ve been on it twice…and gotta say, it isn’t that great of ride. (I actually think the queue is cooler than the rider.) MMRR is a far better ride experience.

I’m not saying it is BAD, by any stretch. Just that…honestly, it isn’t something that justifies prioritizing it necessarily over better rides. I think FEA is a better ride experience, over all.

BUT, opinions may vary on this. Perhaps there are those out there who love Remy. And, as I said, if you’ve never been on it, I always think it is good to get to ride something new!

4 Likes