Why Jungle Cruise?

I have noticed over and over that Jungle Cruise is now something to consider at RD or at least to get the first LL of the day for. Why? I have nothing against the JC, we have ridden it probably 5 times over the course of our 12 trips, but I don’t understand the sudden popularity! Or maybe it was always that popular and I just missed it?

Anyone know?

4 Likes

The LLs go up for a couple reasons…

#1 - The new movie! It’s great and given a new increase in popularity

#2 - The queue is awful. It’s outdoors with little to no breeze - if the queue is really long it’s unshaded as well… People really don’t want to stand in that queue any longer than necessary.

8 Likes

I know they changed some scenes but to me not for the better. I waited two hours for same old same old. Won’t do it again. On the other hand Dolewhips are close by.

2 Likes

This.

8 Likes

I third that. We didn’t ride it in 2019 - I didn’t even mention it to any family members as an option because I have a memory of a very boring hot line from 2011.

Friday night we had a late night LL and that was great. Standby? Nope. Rope drop? Nope.

4 Likes

It feels like there is plenty of space by the entrance of JC for Disney to really do something with this line. They definitely could make it more Interactive and add more fans and ventilation.

4 Likes

Another cult classic like PM

2 Likes

I always wondered why Peter pan myself. I mean the ride is cool and all and alot of nostalgia for me but always at least an hour. I think it’s just ,well there’s going to be alot of demand for this ride so I better secure my spot first thing. And when EVERY blog tells you it sells out first.

2 Likes

Families w/ small children have fewer options. That’s why Fantasyland at MK is always packed… IMHO.

8 Likes

PM > JC. By far.

7 Likes

I agree!

1 Like

I’m glad it isn’t just me. I have watched about half of the movie, and I like it so far; I did notice some things in the early part of the movie that reminded me a lot of Adventureland, which is cool.

1 Like

Not that I don’t like JC. But I can miss it on a trip. PM is not skippable, IMO.

4 Likes

I’ve been know to ride PM 3x w/o getting out of the seat and back in line :wink: Where they ask you to get off I’ve asked, “May I please be allowed to stay on and ride again?” So, far it’s always been a “Yes” :hugs:

5 Likes

I love PM and hate getting off. I’ve never thought to ask for another go round :joy:

5 Likes

JC is a must for me.
It’s one of the few rides I can recall as a kid.
So it’s pure Pixie Dust for me.

The other - an even more powerfully magic memory - is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
Man, Disney would have to be crazy to get ride of that E-ticket!
Amirite??

9 Likes

I have the same magical memory.

7 Likes

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss

I rode it at DLR when I was 7 and it is a VERY vivid memory

Also one of my all time favorite Disney movies - it was the first thing I watched on D+ when we got it!

9 Likes

Look at us! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: We’re the three best friends that anyone could have! We’re the three best friends that anyone could have!

6 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes