Why is FP+ still NOT back?

Disney imagineers collaborated with NASA on Space Center Houston. It’s not a Disney park but it is very nicely done!

3 Likes

That price for club level also included a dessert party type location for the night time shows in the parks.

That dessert party location was stopped very quickly.

A ride reservation system like FP might have served many purposes - keeping people out of lines where they don’t spend money, incentivizing staying on-site, increasing guest satisfaction - but I don’t think the primary one is to make lines bearable for people who chose not to use it.

ETA: And I think it can’t be priced to too small of an audience or you’re crossing streams with plaids which already serve the high end guests.

2 Likes

I remember going multiple times and loving it when I was a teenager, but I took my son 2 years ago and it is in ROUGH shape. Half the exhibits were closed or broken.

I did notice they were playing the Disney Junior show Miles From Tomorrowland, but my kid’s a little old for that show.

If your FP system doesn’t impact your standby lines, then you’re not incentivizing people to purchase it.
If they introduce a $300/day/person FP, I wonder if they’ll come out with a limited version at a lower price point.
Like Dining Plans, offering a little something for everyone (and their money).

1 Like

I meant that if the FP price is cheap enough, then so many people buy FP that the FP lines are too long.

1 Like

Like keys on a piano!

ahh, my bad. That point make sense to me.

2 Likes

You would think resort guests would get some sort of discount with a paid FP system.

3 Likes

Like EP is free for Universal’s Premium resorts?

2 Likes

Yes, starting check-in to check-out day. So one night gets two EP days.

2 Likes

Maybe someone already mentioned it but in the MDE app the wait time list now specifies Standby Wait Time instead of Wait Time. Maybe a coincidence but I think it’s a sign something will be happening soon with Fast Passes (whatever that looks like).

3 Likes

I still hope WDW will bring FPP back for the 4th of July weekend…

5 Likes

In today’s Disney Dish Podcast Len mentions the code seems to be called “Access Plus”. He points out if you now have to pay for it, the name would need to change?

6 Likes

that would be INSANE if it’s that much YIKES

1 Like

Agree 100%. I would never pay that, and if enough people do and standby lines are bad, I might just have to be content with finding cheaper vacation alternatives and not being as much of a Disney person going forward. But I don’t blame Disney for turning demand into profit if they go that route.

4 Likes

Well this topic has scared the bejesus out of me:roll_eyes:

If it goes the route of Universal and the higher end resorts will now include a FP, then I’m no longer staying offsite and the trip is going to be a lot shorter due to the additional cost.

If it is $1,200 a day extra for a family of four to have passes, that is an extra $6,000 for five days at the park. The Disney trip will just be a cancel for us at that point. I appreciate the fact that if Disney can get away with it, more power to them, but there is no chance I’d ever visit again. My six-year old will have to go as an adult :grin:

5 Likes

Universal’s Unlimited EP seems to act as a pretty strong incentive to stay at their Premium line of resorts.
And since that puts more money back in their pockets that seems to be a pretty successful model.

But people seem to be pushing the idea that Disney will adopt a similar Pass at more than three times the cost of an EP but without any break for ppl staying on site.

1 Like

If I am visiting UOR, I am okay w/ “splurging” for one of their premium resorts because they aren’t crazy expensive, and I am only staying 1-2 nights since the 2 parks are smaller and we can do everything we want to in 2-3 days.

If WDW adopted a similar program, we would be priced out of it since the Deluxe resorts are not in our budget. I could see doing 1-2 nights at WL or AKL (lowest pricing tier for Deluxe) to get 2-3 days of passes, but not for our entire stay and also it would reduce the overall length of our trip.

6 Likes