Why is FP+ still NOT back?

The park pass for July just got refilled again, for the N-th time.
Wait time for headliners is getting longer and longer.
I am really getting frustrated and anxious about my upcoming trip to WDW.
The COVID-related excuses are no longer valid explanations for the absence of FP+.

5 Likes

Now it is labor shortage. The wait times across the board are a sign that they don’t have enough ride/show capacity.

2 Likes

If it is a labor shortage, capacity should not be increased. I don’t think they have brought it back because people are coming despite the long lines. They are looking at raking in as much money as possible for the short term.

8 Likes

I agree that capacity shouldn’t be increased. But, it is.

3 Likes

The college kids are all being trained. Most of the flower and garden booths had one trained CM and 3-4 “earning my ears” CMs at the registers. Most attractions were trading too.

3 Likes

Someone was speculating that they are going to go the Universal route and make you pay $100+ a person a day to “fastpass” and with the continued lack of Fastpass return announcements, I wonder if they are on to something

I saw sooooo many CMs being trained. They have been hiring and rehearsing shows too. So that should help with lines and capacity. Wouldn’t be surprised to see restaurants starting to take more ADRs too.

2 Likes

Which means, that there should be enough CM’s being trained to cover the capacity. And it truly is time to do something with FP.

There are amusement parks in the north cutting back hours and days they are open because they don’t have enough staff. It doesn’t sound like that is the case for DW. Now mousekeepers are a different story.

1 Like

The rumor I read was $300 per person per day at a single park (permitting 1 FP ride for each ride that offers FP). Though I think all of this is speculation at this point.

1 Like

Honestly at this price point for a large family, I would rather hire a plaid or do a tour that includes rides.

8 Likes

The one place I did not see anyone being trained was at TS restaurants. We were talking to Robert at Ale and Compass. He was called back in the first wave in the bubble. It was fun to hear about that call back process. He said it was great to see the guests back but he was running around serving a lot of tables. I asked him if any of the college program kids would be assigned there (I know LeCellier always relied on CP members). He said they were hoping some new permanent hires would end up on the opened restaurants . I hope this means that the regular staff at the closed restaurants will be free to return to their prepandemic positions and those restaurants can reopen?

4 Likes

That would be an insane price. Particularly everywhere except MK which have … what, ~10? FP rides and some of them don’t really need FP. So, maybe figure FP is useful at 5 rides at each non-MK park. One ride each, that would be $60 per ride per person.

I’ve never looked into the VIP thing. I what #of people would a VIP tour be cheaper?

5 Likes

I think they’re migrating to a paid system, but not at that price point. An additional $1000 a day for a family of 3 would make too many people baulk.

I can’t see a successful pay for play model that charges more than a day’s admission for Fast Pass.

2 Likes

I bet it’s back in the next couple of weeks the same as it was. They may have been planning for a paid system but I suspect they thought COVID was going to go on a bit longer and it’s not ready yet.

7 Likes

I mean I just paid $29.99 for tickets to Six Flags and then 157.50 pp for Flashpass.

So if you start with WDW ticket already being over $100 it’s not crazy to think the fastpass paid system would be three times more than the ticket

2 Likes

Then this will be our last trip, at least with the kids. For our family of 6, that would be an additional $7200 to do FP at each park once. That is more half of what we spend now for the whole vacation.

3 Likes

They need to have a price point that makes it too expensive for most people, otherwise standby lines will grow ginormous. Unlike the system they have had, a pure paid system literally means every person who buys a Fastpass makes the lines longer for everyone else. As the lines get longer, more people feel they have to have Fastpass. The system feeds itself until those who use Standby have waits two to three times longer.

A paid system needs to be too expensive for more people.

4 Likes

I agree, as I’ve seen evidence of this at other amusement parks. Especially if they are unlimited.

But I think regular FP is coming back, at least at first. But I could be wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that. I wouldn’t go without it if it existed and if I couldn’t afford it I wouldn’t go. On the bright side i fell in love with Vero Beach and I could see checking out the other Disney beach clubs and taking Disney cruises for my Disney fix.

Apparently the kiosks were uncovered.and turned on this week at multiple locations within the parks. Perhaps they are testing and getting ready to turn the system back on?

2 Likes