Why is FP+ still NOT back?

That’s definitely encouraging

I just had the idle thought, “What will the reaction be when they announce that FP or some variation is back?” Then I answered my own question with a memory from when I was in Rome when Italy won the World Cup that was being played in Italy.

2 Likes

I have been hoping that if it comes back, my window will be open. It is always easier to book when a large window opens. Of your trip is more than 60 days, and it is a 60 day window everyone is trying for that one day.

1 Like

When is your trip?

I just came back on Friday but my next trip is in 88 days :grinning:

7 Likes

Fun! Good trip? I haven’t been since 2019 but the plan is President’s week again in 2022…

Didn’t ppl baulk at the prices for the BOO Bash and then they sold out in a day???

I think once they bilk all the post-covid money they can they will have to adjust tactics again. However, just like you can’t lower someone’s pay after paying ppl more to come back to work you won’t be able to lower ticket prices. For example, every time there’s been an external force that causes transportation prices to increase our grocery bills get higher too (the cost is passed on to consumers) and they NEVER go back down once the transportation issue is resolved.

5 Likes

If Christmas is anything like Boo Bash, I won’t be buying tickets for our trip. We were planning on doing the Christmas party.

Gas prices work the same way as groceries.

2 Likes

Y’know it’s funny how in Canada we celebrate Victoria Day in May. It’s a nice long weekend when the weather’s turning nice and ppl are emerging from their igloos post-hibernation.
Not very many countries celebrate the occasion,
But apparently OPEC does.
With some market event that cannot be blamed on the poor Canadian gas vendors.
What an interesting annual coincidence!

6 Likes

It was fun! We had to change our plans just about every night because of storms but it was fun.

4 Likes

lol… they always say there is NO price gouging when gasoline goes up before a major holiday, but years of empirical evidence suggests otherwise :rage:

3 Likes

I think the FP+ is dangerously close. A 13 year veteran CM at the Riviera acted like it was fairly imminent. I didn’t pose the question but we were talking about COVID and he had opened the Riviera and we just kind of went through what was opening back up each day. He said, FP+ would be soon. Interesting. I don’t know what that means but maybe July will see it. I am speculating.

4 Likes

July 3 is the D+90 mark for October 1 (IIRC).

3 Likes

I see your point, but I think there’s a big difference between paying 30 bucks to get into Six Flags and 120 to get into a Disney park.

1 Like

I think there would have to be something cataclysmic happen to our economy for Disney to lower prices. Even then it would probably be like the deal they were offering after 9/11 where you buy X days at the normal price, and they give you a bunch of days free. That way they don’t actually have to lower the sticker price lol.

Boo Bash is offering something you can’t experience during normal operating hours (even if it’s a scaled back Halloween party at an exorbitant price).

Maybe I’m super off base here, charging that much for Fast Pass doesn’t make sense to me, but it is Disney we’re talking about. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well the level of entertainment, cleanliness and service at Disney are much better. Having said this I think Disney is raising prices too fast and cutting out more people from visiting consequently. That’s sad. I also get it. There are more people now and there’s only so much space. It economics. Supply and demand. Now if they could just build another park in San Antonio like all the rumors have said over the years they could increase capacity and charge a lower rate. Ha ha

4 Likes

As an Austinite, I’ve had plenty of fever dreams about a Disney park coming to Texas lol.

2 Likes

I know. Wouldn’t it be wonderful? I could see all the holiday decorations every year. Then I wouldn’t have to pay extra for FP because I’d just go all the time and focus on small areas to do each time and enjoy the atmosphere!

It doesn’t make sense to many of us … but I think that is the point. Like @ryan1 said, if Disney sells a pass that gets you a FP for each ride in the park, the price has to be high enough that most people won’t purchase it (otherwise it defeats the purpose and lines get too long).

We know (Disney knows) from the testing of the Club Level extra FP’s that a number of people were willing to pay $50 per person per day for 3 extra FP+. For a family of 4 that equates to $66 per attraction. Of course, those people were likely to choose headliners for the extra 3 and the lesser attractions are worth less to people so that impacts a calculation of how to price a daily FP pass for all attractions. But, based on what people paid for the Club Level FP+ addition, I can’t see Disney pricing a product like a full day FP as “low” as $100 per person per day.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind FP at $300 per person per day because I would not buy it, and most others wouldn’t, so hopefully it wouldn’t affect standby lines too much. I’d rather use my regular ticket to ride the short lines during the day, then get an after hours ticket to ride the headliners at night or at the end of a “resort day.”

5 Likes