Why do New Jersey moms come to Disney World to yell at their children in public?

I was always the one rolling my eyes at the parents yelling at their kids and or spouses at Disney. It’s supposed to be MAGICAL for churros sake…

And then it happened. Picture it. DCA, 4 years ago. The screaming match to end all screaming matches happened at the park entrance from GC. Me and my very deep voiced, not afraid to yell louder than me DH right before he was leaving us to take a nap at the hotel.

We had one of our loudest and worst fights ever. Over a hot dog. From Corn Dog Castle. And whether the 10 minute wait would be worth it.

I told him I didn’t need one and he should go nap. He wanted to be the hero and get me my (at the time) recently passed mother’s favorite treat. Security wasn’t called, but there were several children who’s ears had to be covered.

The road to Hades is paved with good intentions.

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

“Enjoy”.

Also, many condolences.

And Godspeed.

4 Likes

Back in the day my then DS8 or so was CRAZY for Garfield comics. Don’t know why, but just nuts for them.

Before we had gone to WDW yet we took them to Dutch Wonderland in PA - where it turned out they had a FREAKING GARFIELD magic show of all things.

You could see his brain whirring - GARFIELD ON STAGE. Rather than go on rides, we actually went to the empty, empty theater early and scored front row seats. After 20 or more minutes, show starts and two park employees lead person in Garfield suit in by the elbows as if he had one too many catnips and was looking for the door.

Show was made up of clearly terrible magic tricks (flowers from someone’s sleeve) interspersed with recorded Garfield voiceovers that were supposed to be some sort of sarcastic cat response to the trick but was more of a drunk guy at the end of the bar vibe while Garfield’s ginormous head nodded to the words.

Then they danced. Which was Garfield trying not to fall off the stage while doing a slow-mo 360.

After about 15 minutes my son says clearly out loud WHAT A RIP OFF.
Man it was hard not to lose it laughing at that.

I asked him if he wanted to leave - we did. DW and DD5 felt bad leaving so sat through the end while we grabbed a Dole Whip (they have them there) to soften the fallen Garfield love.

DS is now 17 and I think he’s still ticked off. :smiley:

18 Likes

And to this day, Chelsea and her husband credit that CM with saving their marriage. :smiley:

7 Likes