Why aren’t we talking about Encanto?

I played for a long time but then the game wouldn’t load. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next day or so, I have been emailing with tech support.

Would be nice to play again without losing all of my progress!

2 Likes

He’s a good un :yellow_heart:
(He was my first ‘jewelry wearing emoji’ :laughing:).

Boo :pensive:

1 Like

No judgement here :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Although I don’t think I’ve finished a token quest since some time in the summer.

2 Likes

I have all the series emojis and now am working on maxing out series one guys.
I still have a long way to go, but it’s a system that works for me.

I actually finished November. It’s the only time. I had a solidly quiet few weeks and seemed to have a lot of down time waiting in cars etc for kids. It wasn’t that exciting to finish however. I don’t activate quest pass. I’ve been saving gems for months and months hoping the December version would be holiday characters as I really want Peppermint Minnie (reminds me of our 2019 trip). Instead it was boring and I didn’t use the gems. I can’t imagine what January might be. With my luck more Star Wars. :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:t2::woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

Hope you can get it back up and running :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Tech-support came through for me in October. Because I had my user number they communicated and were able to salvage most of my game. I did not have a super tight knowledge of where I was, however, so I didn’t get everything back. But they misunderstood me during one communication and ended up giving me a gigantic amount of gems in the process. There were some characters I had won that I had forgotten to tell them about and did not get back. All in all, for a stupid video game, I was very grateful that they worked with me.

1 Like

Have you been able to build your collection back since starting over? I don’t think I would ever have the energy to start over now.

1 Like

Yes, but magic mirror still evades me.

I’m much much further along now than when I had to restart, so I’m not sore about it anymore. When I finally get magic mirror again I will still celebrate though :laughing::+1:t2:

2 Likes

They took my user ID number (about the only thing I could access since the game wouldn’t load) and seem to think it will be easy to move it to my new, upgraded phone. I am just waiting for the last step on their end to be completed.

It has been so long since it worked, I’m not sure if I would notice if I am missing anything!

2 Likes

I think of you every time I use the magic mirror :heart:

1 Like

I finished once in the spring maybe? It was before they started that upcharge path.

I do have Peppermint Minnie. I don’t have Gingerbread Mickey.

1 Like

Hat box ghost and rainbow Mickey are my favs. I also like Yen Sid.

2 Likes

I use hat box ghost as well. They like to have you use a green character a lot and he’s level 5 for me.

I use Rainbow Mickey from time to time.

3 Likes

My green go tos are Pascal and Alien. Sometimes Hat Box. Both of the first two are 4+ for me and can be used to help knock off other missions.

2 Likes

I completely understand and agree with this :heart:

3 Likes

You can have both things! I wouldn’t say Encanto related to real life problems (no magical, miracle gift that’s in danger) as much as it speaks to real internal dialogue, real relationships, real solutions (people coming together). Even the hero vs villain movies have these things. Just because a movie is human vs nature doesn’t mean it isn’t fantasy. I don’t think any of our typically beloved Disney feature films could be construed as anything other than fantasy. It’s kinda their shtick.

2 Likes

Ok we watched it last night and it was pretty good. Dd 6 loved it. DS3 gave up about halfway which is typical. I thought the animation was very good and would really like to experience it in 3D. I thought Columbia being the set and the family and community themes were great as well.

Maybe it’s just me but the Lin Manuel songs are just getting repetitive. I would like Disney to come out with something different. would like to see what other composers/ musicians could come up with.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you on the Lin Manuel thing. I would also like to see what others can come up with. Maybe that’s why the music doesn’t stick out to me? A lot of the songs sounded kind of the same, with the exception of one or two.

3 Likes

This is so true! I love the movie more and more every time I watch it.

Also I love @QwertySC’s explanation of the characters’ motivations. There’s a lot more going on that meets the eye! For example, my wife noticed while watching yesterday that during the opening number, Camilo (the shape-shifter) takes the form of a mother so he can calm down a baby while the mother takes a much needed break. Using his gift to help the community! Just like the song says.

My hot take is that Moana > Frozen and How Far I’ll Go > Let it Go. #sorrynotsorry

7 Likes

P.S. I get why people think Abuela is cruel and mean to Mirabel, and I think that is totally intentional by the filmmakers! But the key is that she learns something, just as Mirabel does, and they come together in the end and move forward better than they were before. Hopefully viewers will see themselves in the characters and learn from their mistakes and try to do better in their own lives.

Any good movie will both entertain AND enlighten. You can learn from heroes, villains, and villains who become heroes, or even heroes who become villains. The audience should consume a film critically (meaning, not just accept everything at face value), but whether or not they like a film shouldn’t depend on whether they like the characters’ choices.

10 Likes