Why aren’t we talking about Encanto?

Hey I learned from @DreamfindersGhost’s mistakes.

I both blurred AND refrained from tagging you!! :laughing:

9 Likes

LOL

Okay true.

Fight over

6 Likes

Phew :sweat_smile:
That was tense!

6 Likes

No mistakes. :sunglasses:

No sense of adventure. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Just a healthy dose of fear :grin:

3 Likes

Given the thread we’re in: :wink:

No mistakes just…

Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won’t let go, whoa
Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'til it’s ready to blow, whoa
Give it to @Shmebulock and never wonder
If the same pressure would’ve pulled you under
Who are you if you don’t have what it takes?
No cracks, no breaks
No mistakes, no pressure

Was @Shmebulock ever like “Yo, I don’t wanna fight @OBNurseNH”?

9 Likes

I’ve been lurking along on this thread ever since we watched Christmas Eve and I don’t have much new to add except to echo:

• The trauma of Abuela & Abuelo hit me like a truck, even though I was only half-watching the first time through.
  • The story felt loose and incomplete on that first watch, but watching it over & over (the kids are obsessed with all the music), I’ve caught on to so much I missed the first time & man, it really, really grabs even more.
  • I’m definitely in the Dos Oruguitas is the best song camp. I cried like a baby the first time through it (even though I had missed a lot leading up to it and right after it) and it still gets me on the 157th viewing.
  • We can’t stop talking about Bruno around here. Seriously, my kids have a full on choreographed, fully blocked & staged, rehearsed number that they ask to practice outside several times a day & have now performed for anyone who they can get to watch them (me, DH, my mom & brother who visited for late Christmas recently & any unsuspecting aunts or cousins who drop by for a quick porch visit). My favorite is how much my 3 older kids (DS10, DD9 & DS4) get into their roles and then meanwhile DD2 runs around between them wagging her finger loudly singing ‘Bruno-no-no-no’ while they carry out their full routine.
  • While I far and away prefer Moana’s soundtrack, Encanto’s gets better with ever listen- we are very big LMM fans here so we knew & were excited to listen to this music over & over.
13 Likes

I have to give this an extra :heart::heart::heart:

8 Likes

Just watched it Saturday. I’d been waiting to watch it in case we wanted a movie day while we were at DW. We didn’t. So, DD and I went.

First thing that struck me was the normal sizing. Generally Disney princesses have a waist the size their neck should be and the neck a tish bigger than the wrist. Isabella had a bit of that going on, but she wasn’t the star.

Starting at the end, when the Grandfather kissed his babies, I was weeping so hard that I’ll need to watch it again. I only got the general gist of the ending. Having DD next to me safe and sound made it different for me. Being a mother has changed some stories for me. Like Cujo, I’d read it as a kid and then read it again recently as a mom. The impact of the kid dying was night and day.

8 Likes

Yes I bawled as well— that scene was so well done.

3 Likes

Today is DD9’s birthday!
She’s minutes away from opening her Mirabel dress. I’m. So. Excited.

11 Likes

Happy Birthday to DD9! And Happy Birthday to you!

3 Likes

It’s your birthday too?!

Happy Birthday!!

:birthday: :tada:

1 Like

No. I believe PP meant DD’s special day is special for me too.
My BABY is 9!!! :hushed:

6 Likes

I don’t want that day to come! It makes me :sob: to think I probably only have one more pregnancy in me!

3 Likes

I accidentally put an “8” candle on her cake.
Oops.

3 Likes

It’s fine, I’m turning 40 again this year :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Hard to take a photo when she won’t stop dancing!

21 Likes

Awesome!! :hibiscus::butterfly::candle::notes::blossom:
Looks like she’s singing too :+1:t2::laughing:

3 Likes

She sure is!
I bought a toy microphone. Because she’s the baby.

8 Likes