Who's your CP narrator?

Just found out that my narrator for CP this year is Gary Sinise. Obviously I was hoping for Whoopi Goldberg or NPH. But he’s not a bad pick.

Last year I got Auli’i Cravalho. I had no idea who she was, but she did a great job.

Who have you got? Who have you had?

2 Likes

Still TBA for me (Dec 27th). I saw NPH last year, he was fantastic.

2 Likes

She’s Moana! =)

I finally watched it this weekend. I loved it. I’ll be so excited if Moana is still a M&G at MVMCP!

5 Likes

I’ve never been to CP. I’m not a Christian. It looks too much like church for me to want to go. However, I like Christmas music, trees, lights and Santa. Is this something worth seeing? I’d hate to miss out on a great experience because I’m prejudging it.

I’m not a Christian, either. Indeed I have views about Christianity.

CP is a visually and aurally impressive presentation. The Christianity stuff isn’t too in-your-face.

I liked it enough to want to do it again.

2 Likes

Cool! The WDW description makes it sound like a Nativity pageant. I’ve sat through enough of those as a kid living in the Bible belt. However, I could listen to Gary Sinise read “Night Before Christmas” or something and enjoy it. Since my next trip is in December this is still on my “maybe” list.

That’s what it is, essentially. A church Christmas Cantata. As a choir director for 7 1/2 years, I directed a bunch of these things. So that’s what you should expect.

The chances that we end up up with who we would want based on our dates are slim to none. We want Steven Curtis Chapman. If it is Whoopie Goldberg, it is a definite no for us. We shall see.

2 Likes

Ok… I really appreciate you letting me know. I’m sure it’s beautiful with excellent music, but overall that’s not for me.

What are your dates?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

We have NPH and Whoopi during our trip. :star_struck: Definitely hit the jackpot! There’s no way I could choose between the two of them so I’ll just have to go twice!!

6 Likes

We must be going at the same time! I’ll be picking NPH, no question. No desire to see Whoopi.

2 Likes

I just read the list and can’t quite imagine some of these folks doing a Christmas event. Live and learn.

What exactly is it about the Emmy-winning, Grammy-winning, Oscar-winning, Tony-winning Whoopi Goldberg that makes her apparently so unpopular round here?

Oh, and Golden Globe and BAFTA-winning.

3 Likes

Gary Sinese is awesome.

But if I were going I would be team NPH all the way

2 Likes

Oh, and Whoopi Goldberg is literally a Disney Legend, having been awarded the status in 2017.

5 Likes

2 Likes

I can’t believe I’m jumping in here - I just don’t like her. I don’t think I can even name a movie I’ve seen her in since The Color Purple. And that was (?) 30 years ago maybe?

But I’m not going to be there for CP. it’s too bad. I think my kids would have loved it!

1 Like

That’s exactly what I did last year with those two narrators. They were both great! And I met Whoopi after the third performance.

5 Likes

What??? How could you have missed her in masterpiece classic movie “Theodore Rex”?

I bet you have “seen” her in Lion King, even if it was a voice acting performance. :wink:

3 Likes