Who's your CP narrator?

That must have been amazing!
I am over the moon about seeing them both. My only hard choice now is which two restaurants… :joy:

1 Like

I think Whoopie is great as an actress. But I take issue when someone who openly mocks people of faith is a narrator for the the scripture reading about the birth of Christ.

3 Likes

I did do the dining package to see both of them. I definitely think it was a good idea for NPH. It looked like a chunk of the standby line got in for the last show with Whoopi but I’m not sure I would risk that.

1 Like

Wow. I did not realize his about her. (I know very little about pop culture.). I wonder why she’d want to do it.

I think it’s super cool SCC is doing it.

Ehhhh didn’t seem overtly “churchy” to me. It seemed to fit right in line with the rest of the nation’s legends and histories on how they celebrate the holidays. Though less focused on how “America Celebrates”, as I don’t think we have any traditions unique to us, and instead just a really (really) well sound-mixed choir belting out Christmas songs and the stories/history/inspiration behind them.

Looks like NPH is on the docket again when I go… I’m tempted but I also don’t want to be locked in. I might do what I did last time and just find a spot in the back once the show starts and then bail when I get bored (cause it IS long)

3 Likes

You can get a glimpse below, the Disney park blogs crew broadcast it complete!

2 Likes

There are a lot more people right now saying and doing and endorsing things that are in direct opposition to the overarching message of Christianity which is LOVE ONE ANOTHER. Yet those same people stand st the pulpit every Sunday and preach the Word.

Whoopi calling out such hypocrisy is admirable.

And that is all I will say on this subject. I will not reply further.

10 Likes

NPH! We took our kids 2 years ago and it was not fun. Might make a date night out of it though & leave the kids with grandparents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like all people who have too much time on their hands (or are just good at using the internet to waste what little free time they have) I just looked up a bunch about Whoopi and Christianity (and cross referenced multiple places for balance) and I’m surprised she’d even do this. Unless she means it as a joke.

Anyway, I hope she decides to read beyond Luke 2. :heart:

And now I’m out, too.

We saw it in 2004 with Stephen Curtis Chapman. We thought about seeing it in 2018, but decided that we didn’t need to see it again.

I’m not too overly fond of Whoopi. I’d love to see Gary Sinise, though.

However, CP is long, although very beautiful.

All being well — if I manage to book a CP dining package when they open tomorrow — I will be seeing him :smile:

I really only know him from Apollo 13.

1 Like

Check him out in Ransom and Forrest Gump and of Mice and Men, and Mission to Mars

Edit: and The Stand

Geez, just watch anything he’s done. You’re unlikely to find a loser.

2 Likes

I saw that years ago. Mel Gibson, right?

Tom Hanks is a fine actor and human being but — nope — not going to do it. Not now. Not ever.

Of course! I love that movie, actually.

1 Like

Yep

He’s a bit of a hero for kiddos as related to Disney:

6 Likes

Gary Sinise is part of the Mission:Space attraction. He’s the one who does the voice as you ride and tells you when to push the buttons, etc.

1 Like

I’m all about Gina Torres on Mission: Space.

CSI:Whatever he was in.

Found it. :wink: Kidding aside, Gary is awesome.

I think he was replaced with Gina Torres?

I had a feeling that was true. I don’t remember seeing or hearing him.

Is this him?

2 Likes

After many many many…many many many surgeries. Yes. He now looks and sounds exactly like Gina.

Ahhhh the miracles of modern medicine.

3 Likes