Who's Cancelling/Changing? Late April/Early May 2020

It should but I don’t know that for sure.

Are the tickets through the hotel or separate? If separate then you will likely be ok since you’re within the 30 day period. If the tickets are connected, I don’t know, but I would think cancelling the hotel would cancel them also.

1 Like

I went ahead and canceled by April 19-22 trip today. I thought about it long and hard and realized that even if by some miracle Disney was open, I wouldn’t want to risk going. As much as I love Disney, it’s not worth the risk. Unsure when this trip will be rescheduled for. Maybe Food and Wine.

I have a question- if I cancel/change May trip to November will I get the same ticket price / park hopper without the increase? Because I have a November trip reserved (only because beach club was available so I jumped on it!) but did a package which has the increased park hopper price. I know I can call but I’m assuming wait times in the phone are crazy.

1 Like

I think that you will pay the difference.

You would have to pay the difference. That’s part of the reason I’m not cancelling my trip in May. I’m waiting for Disney to do it because they then should extend the date of the tickets at no cost.

1 Like

If you have a package and WDW closes, they will not extend the ticket dates. They are only extending ticket dates for ticket only purchases.

We cancelled April 19-25 and rescheduled for September 13-19. The resort cost was more but we saved a bit on flights and are almost breaking even.

WJ just cancelled the Canada to US portion of my flight officially - so i have cancelled the full flight now. Have 24 months to use the travel credit. April trip officially off the books. Stay inside people; I’d like to be able to go to WDW again…

1 Like

Update- just cancelled our DVC point rental. We’re hoping the member can re-rent, but the points expire July 31, so there isn’t much hope. June/July dates unfortunately wouldn’t work for us because DH has a huge project at work. We considered idea of my mom going in DH place, but since it’s DS2 first trip, we couldn’t bring ourselves to do it. Maybe we’ll get lucky and Disney will extend point expiration due to the closure, but I don’t count on it.

Booked AoA for 9/12-9/19. No clue how to plan a September trip and my April plans were so perfect. Haven’t changed our flights yet, holding out a little longer in case plans change again (this is the theme of my Disney planning, I swear).

Early September are the lowest crowds of the year, so it is a great time to go. It is still hot, and of course there is a higher risk of Hurricane/Tropical storms…but if that happens, it will likely only impact a day or two of your actual trip.

If we had the possibility of moving our back-up trip dates to early September, I would do it in a heartbeat. But, due to the college schedules for our kids, we have to do it earlier.

I, of course, am still holding out hope that our mid-May trip will still happen.

1 Like

I’m sure we’ll get hit by a major hurricane, seems to be my luck :upside_down_face:

I have hope for May too! It wouldn’t work for us though due to several birthdays, our anniversary, and availability. I will get to Flower and Garden someday!

Well, a few years back, we were there in October when a Tropical storm blew over. We hunkered down for about 1 1/2 days. It was actually, in hindsight, about the most memorable aspect of the trip. We spent the day in our condo watching movies we rented from Redbox and playing games, etc. It was actually kind of fun.

Just got an email that Universal is extending their closure to April 19. I imagine Disney is soon to follow…

1 Like

Hilton Bonnet Creek just emailed me to say they have cancelled my hotel stay for May 17-23

My friend finally admitted defeat and cancelled her flight for April. (I was already forced to cancel by border closure) Her timeshare is closing too. We are still hoping for rebook in June. It’s wait & see. Depending on how long WDW is closed and how long our AP’S are extended we might have to go twice - we’ll need the break! (Still working, albeit at home)

We are 4/19-4/28. I am still in denial about it but I’m prepared to “pull the trigger” here soon. Waiting until they announce that they’re extending the closure, which I anticipate to come soon. We have re-scheduled for June and already rebooked out airfare so it’s not like going in 3 weeks is realistic anyway (though airfares are dirt cheap right now!). I am just so upset about the trip I planned in April because it was darn near perfect and I put so much work into it! I will be sad to see all those beautiful plans disappear from MDE.

2 Likes

We are scheduled mid-May, and have a combination hotel and DVC rental reservation. I’d love for this trip to still happen, but we are looking at October/November dates now. I’m worried about waiting for Disney to make the announcement because dates are quickly becoming sold out. Ugh, these decision are so stressful.

Im in the same boat, May 17th. I am still optomisitic, but getting more woried as we get closer. Its over 7 weeks away, but theres no way to know where we will be in month or two, its so frustrating. If it gets canceled, we will reschedule for September.

1 Like

I did my fastpasses this morning which was part depressing because trip likely won’t happen and part fun/distraction. I mean Disney is my happy place so even pretending we’re going beats reading the depressing news! I was surprised at the limited availability my first couple days so obviously not everyone has canceled end of May. I’d rather just Disney do it so I don’t have to decide.