Who's Cancelling/Changing? Late April/Early May 2020

We have a trip booked for Mid-May, haven’t cancelled yet but we know there is no way this trip is happening. At this point it is highly unlikely that the parks will even be open. With everything that has happened in the past couple weeks we cannot see any way we would still be able to go on this trip in May.

I been checking every day. Fop was booked but for the past week I saw a few pop up. Millineum Falcon same thing. Just now I saw Mickey and Minnie pop up for late afternoon, first time. So I think some people are cancelling. This is for a trip 2nd week of May

Same situation here. I am holding out hope for the end of May with backup booked in November. It is the unknown that bothers me so much. :cry:

1 Like

Was scheduled for May 2 arrival - all ADRs and FPs were done and I was happy :slight_smile:

My MDE “My Plans” is now totally empty. My refunds are starting to come through as well. :frowning:

I rescheduled for next year.

I am figuring that we won’t be able to travel all summer. Looking that the forecast from the scientific community, I am resigning myself to either a 20/21 winter trip or summer 2021.

don’t have much hope. just canceled last week of April to May 2nd. Had great fastpasses too, including MM Railroad. oh well. trying again end of August.

My hope is rebook for 3rd week of June. Barring that, it will depend on how long WDW is closed. My AP expires July 1 + however many days WDW is closed. At least I’ve learned that when I cancel my flight, I have 24 months to use the credit. I didn’t book FP+; but have yet to cancel the ADR’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (for April trip I know is cancelled given the borders are closed for at least 30 days + no flights)

Which airline is giving you 24 months to use credit?

I’m supposed to go in late April too. I think Disney will remain closed but I’m just waiting for them to cancel on me so that the ticket I bought for someone gets extended. We have a mid-June trip booked, too. I think once they release AP discounts for past July 9th, I’m going to shift it to the end of July, beginning of August. I honestly don’t think at this point I would feel comfortable traveling in April and maybe not even June. We’re all just waiting around to see, I guess.

On a side note, Disney is my coping mechanism. With all the uncertainty in the world, I’m sad Disney is closed but glad I have places like this to share my feelings and worries. Thanks everyone.

4 Likes

Westjet

I bought our date based passes from Tripster (thanks Ticket Calculator!). I’m sitting on a will-call e-voucher. Am I correct that if I wait for future closures the dates on the passes will be extended? Indefinitely, maybe? I can cancel them one week out from our check in date, but if I can just do nothing and then be able to use them in the future, I’d be happy. See, I’m just a lazy procrastinator who’s in denial.

Same, @meatsquatch78. Same. [quote=“meatsquatch78, post:29, topic:71569”]
On a side note, Disney is my coping mechanism. With all the uncertainty in the world, I’m sad Disney is closed but glad I have places like this to share my feelings and worries.
[/quote]

1 Like

Still booked for May 8-13 for now. Will make the choice about actually going later but back up trip is already booked for mid October. Kicker is that I scheduled our May trip over my DS 3rd birthday (trip starts when he’s still a Disney infant) so if we have to cancel, any later trip means paying for tickets and a meal plan for him :neutral_face: best laid plans!

With some predictions at 18 months, at that rate I’d be ecstatic to have a summer vacation next year!:disappointed:

1 Like

There is always a chance that Summer will be Summer. It will likely somewhat hinge on how well we adhere to the physical distancing and everything else that they’re asking us to do. Our Summer trip will be our daughters first Disney trip and I’m dreading the possibility that it doesn’t go ahead. They know it’s been planned and they keep asking how many more days. If it’s cancelled, we’ll go another year and we’ll just keep an adding Disney sparkle where we can until then.

We are supposed to arrive 4/22. Haven’t officially cancelled yet but don’t see any actual way it will happen. I gave my nephew the April trip for Christmas. So I will move him to the June trip with my niece. Had to do some finagling on flights, so now I have flights for both April and June…lord help us if we’re still stuck here in June. And it will be an interesting trip with me, DS11, DNiece11 and DNephew15.

I have two trips for the exact dates you mentioned, late April into May and the a mid June. I’m waiting until April 1 to decide.

1 Like

I’ve officially moved from being hopeful to insane, but I’m still sitting on our planned trip for April 8-13 (yes, 2020). I can’t bring myself to cancel until I hear that WDW will be closed on those dates.

That said, I’m curious about this question even in normal circumstances: If I booked my trip with Disney Springs Hilton BV Palace, made my FPs with them, and then book a backup reservation with All Star Sports (which I just did) and cancel my Hilton res, will I get to keep my FPs or will they disappear?

3 Likes

That makes me insane too.:joy:

So do you know? If (under normal circumstances, because it would be good to know for the future) you change from a Disney partner hotel that allows FP booking 60 days in advance to a Disney resort, do you keep your FPs or do they disappear? Does anyone know? I’m assuming that one day things will be normal again.

1 Like