Who’s your favorite Disney dad?

I’ll start.
My favorite is Pacha!

12 Likes

11 Likes

Unknown-1

8 Likes

9 Likes

Belle’s dad popped into my mind, although I’m not sure if he’s my favorite. But he was the first thought.

4 Likes

Sadly, fathers are often painted as overbearing or out of touch in Disney movies. I am having trouble even thinking of positive father figures!

5 Likes

This is true.

But they are never Evil Stepmothers!

5 Likes

I could just feel how much he loved his son.

17 Likes

Ariel’s dad, King Triton. He was willing to give up everything to save his daughter.

9 Likes

Disney often either kills off the parents or uses them as the launching pad for all the characters’ angst.

I like Mr. Banks, too, and wouldn’t have thought of him @DumboRunner.

I watched an adapted musical of Mermaid @Ariadne which emphasized Triton’s sacrifice.

Maurice allowing Belle to trade never sat right with me…

5 Likes

I remember seeing this movie with my Dad.
He died less than three years after - suddenly at 53 - and I felt even more love for Mufasa.

5 Likes

Grandpa Bud in Meet the Robinsons

For the ending scene especially: Meet The Robinsons ending HD - YouTube

7 Likes

Also, how about Nemo’s dad?

17 Likes

Love Marlin.
They try to make him seem weak, but Nemo should have listened.

6 Likes

He counts right???
FF528F04-4289-4C37-B8FF-ADE2F8A3647E

16 Likes

Similarly, most Disney heroes/heroines have lost one or both parents. My daughter (who technically was an orphan prior to us adopting her) has often lamented this fact.

1 Like

I love, love,love Meet the Robinsons! As an adoptive mom,this movie hit me right in the feels!

Keep moving forward! A motto for all times and just realized recently that it came from Walt Disney himself.

5 Likes

Yessss! Great pick.

1 Like

Good picks! Here’s another good one:

Bad example: Bambi’s dad. “You aren’t going to be seeing your mother any more.” Thanks, Dad.

6 Likes