Who is on deck?! Including Srentmee trip report!

So this is all that is there currently:

I talked to the children’s activities coordinator at the pool and she said that they used to post the activities/schedule but because of COVID they no longer do this and instead just go day by day but that they usually will have poolside activities from about 2:30 to 7:30 every day.

4 Likes

Thurs 9/24, Day 5
Awoke today to find the dreaded envelope under the door. DD did her 8 am kinder zoom meeting and then we walked over to HS arriving at 9 am.

At 9 am, it is just walkers lined up outside the temp screening booths and there are four total lines, two temp check lines on the left and two on the right (closest to the end of the walking path). The lines to the left are shorter. Once everything opened up, we headed straight to MMRR again and did not stop walking until we were just about to enter the room with the ramp. We were off MMRR at 9:33 And in line for SDD by 9:40.

We had gotten to this point in the line…

…when we got this…

I also heard scattered cheers all around like usual at official park open time so I’m wondering if something was amiss on Tuesday.
Off SDD at 10:12 and TSL was too busy at that point so headed out of this area. Noted on the way out that both the SDD and the TSM lines extended out to The Little Mermaid theater. We headed down Sunset to the Cars show and watched fhis show.

RnRC was down and I couldn’t help thinking how nice it would be if it happened to open up just as we were passing by. Alas, no dice.

Stopped for snacks at Anaheim Produce and had a delicious frozen margarita. Usually I’m an on-the-rocks person but it was warmer today than it has been and this was refreshing. OK, I confess, it was two margaritas. By the end of snack time, the estimated return time for the BG was 120 minutes, all the waits were long and RnRC still had not opened. I banked on some down time for RotR and DH, the kids and I headed back to the hotel for a swim. Traded pins on the way out and took the Skyliner back at 11:30. Grammy stayed and hung out at HS.
We played at SAB for about an hour. DH got a beer from the pool bar. This was SAB at 12:20 sunny and 84 degrees:

At 1:15 our BG was called. Seriously, where are the reliability issues when you are counting on them?! Got changed and over to the IG Skyliner station at 1:50 to be informed that it was temporarily down so we started walking. Meanwhile, Grammy proceeded to ride RotR shortly after our BG was called and she had just finished the ride when we got there to hand off the stroller with the kids nearly passed out. Thank goodness for grace period because we were a couple minutes past our window. This was only my second ride on Rise and it was a much more enjoyable experience without the kids.

Met back up with Grammy and the kids after this and sat on a shady park bench near Brown Derby for about an hour relaxing and eating popcorn and popsicles. Saw a couple of cavalcades go by in that time. After the Disney Jr. cavalcade, DS3 asked me why they weren’t wearing masks. My brain was too tired to come up with a good answer at the time.
Went to the Mickey Shorts theater next and really enjoyed the cartoon.

Wait times were starting to drop a little at this point so headed through GE back to TSL stopping along the way for a magic shot with the child. Rode TSM with about a 5 minute wait and then SDD with about a 30 minute wait and then headed out of the park around 6:15 stopping in a shop along the way. Could have forced it for the benefit of good lines in that last 45 minutes of park time but we were all just beat. Ordered a pizza from the Boardwalk Pizza Window while in the Skyliner back to the hotel and DH went to pick this up while the rest of us returned to the room and got settled in. Ate dinner in room and then bed.

17 Likes

Sounds like a great HS day!!

1 Like

I like your style :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

I think @Jeff_AZ posted something about Tuesday being a bad operations day for RoTR in that thread.

2 Likes

Yep. Tuesday 9/22 had downtime for about 40% of the day! The worst day in recent memory. It’s the spike on the right side of this chart.

1 Like

Glad you got to ride RotR! Great photos!

2 Likes

Good to know. I’m guessing they only released a very small number of BG’s that morning because I was in the middle of TSL and heard no cheers at official park open time.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you so much! I was mostly curious which nights and what time the movie is. Any idea how you are supposed to know what movie?

Have you been riding the Skyliner just to give your feet a break? I honestly hadn’t really even thought of using this method but I think DS would love it! But it’s so annoying that it closes so much in the afternoons.

1 Like

Movie is starting at 8:30 pm currently. We have just been asking even though we never made it down. I know it was Mulan earlier in the week, I’m assuming the animated version and then last night it was something non-animated that I didn’t recognize.

1 Like

We’ve been consistently riding the Skyliner back from HS but with when it starts running, the second line at the Caribbean Beach transfer, and the lines in the mornings at HS, for us it was definitely worth it to walk there in the morning do 1-3 rides and maybe get a BG and then head back to swim before returning in the afternoon.

2 Likes

Fri 9/25, Day 6.
Slept in a little and let DD skip her 8 am zoom meeting. SAB open 10 am to 10 pm so we got all packed up and took most of our luggage down to bell services and a subset with swimsuits/toys and dry airport clothes to SAB at 10 am and tossed this in a chair. We were almost immediately approached by cast members to ask if the kids wanted to help them on a scavenger hunt, but we were off to Epcot. There was a line outside of IG entrance but temp checks started at 10:10 and we were in the park by 10:15 and headed to FEA.

We were off this ride by 10:40 then kids wanted to ride 3C. After this, we stopped by a store to exchange the Figment water bottle that had been one of the Remy scavenger hunt prize because my son had dropped it earlier in the week and the cap cracked. Then headed to Soarin’ and this was basically a walk on for DD, Grammy and me, and serendipitously got B1. DH rode “the tomato ride” (LwtL) with DS as he is still too scared to ride Soarin’. He did fine riding Dinosaur per his request 2 days ago. DD wanted to ride Figment next but son still reports being afraid of this as well, so he and I went on a popcorn mission. I was really wanting to try the special flavored popcorn and so braved a journey over to future world east to try to locate this special popcorn cart. Never did find it. Met back up with the others under SE for one last pin trade. Fun fact, my kids refer to SE as “the giant meatball.” I’m not sure what that says about my cooking. Headed back toward IG and noticed the maple popcorn cart in Canada so tried that and liked it—not too sweet. Headed back to pool and played for two hours before our 3:05 ME pick-up, which I am riding as typing. I’ll probably post a few wrap up comments later (mainly about Beach Club) but suffice to say, I agree with all wrap up comments of @TarHeelTiff and @DumboRunner. I’m glad we made the decision to do the last minute trip at the end of July even though I knew this trip was coming because that was a unique experience and it is definitely busier now but we still had a great time. Thanks everyone for following along and your comments and advice!

19 Likes

Thank you so much for the great intel! Mulan is one of my son’s favorites! Cannot wait!

1 Like

Did EP open extra early today? 9:15? Or was it 10:15 since open was at 11?

1 Like

Thanks. 10:15. I will correct

Dang, I was hoping the were opening early. Have a good day!

1 Like

Just wanted to post some final thoughts but will say again that I agree with the recent wrap up thoughts posted by @TarHeelTiff and @DumboRunner, so I will try not to repeat too much.
The crowds are definately heavier than they were during our trip two months ago which we had planned last minute to take advantage of the low crowds. So for those of you who’d gone in July-early August and planning to return in the next month like @Julianne_fki and @Wahoohokie (might remember @DisneyDayDreamin mentioning a return trip too), just prepare for a more normal feeling crowd. (@vcka I did not include you above because I’m starting to think you might just live there.) We still had a great time despite the increased crowds but without FP+, being toward the front of the rope drop crowd is even more important than ever to be able to ride with lower wait times. Also, the last 1-2 hours of the day were pretty good for wait times/lower crowds. It also helped to have been in the socially distanced lines previously to make my own guesses about wait times because the lines app wait times were less useful/accurate than usual.

I will also agree that the reduced park hours are not so much an issue for those with small children. We’ve only made it park open to park close once and that was our AK day this trip.

Staying at BCV was lovely. It was our first DVC rental and we will be doing more. Pool time is a number one priority for my kids and I don’t think I will be able to top this resort for that reason. Also loved the easy access to EPCOT and HS. While it would have been even nicer for the adults if there were longer park hours and park hopping, we were all pretty worn out by the end of the day, so the absence of these things did not make much of a difference.

I agree with whoever had mentioned that this is the first time after a Disney trip that they did not feel the immediate need to return. I get funds and time off work for conferences as part of my compensation package for my job (CME money) and it is a “use it or lose it” per calendar year kind of benefit. I had originally been planning to attend a conference in WDW in June but this got cancelled. I toyed with the idea of going to a conference at the Contemporary at the end of next month but it is scheduled over a weekend and, even though we had a great time, the idea of repeating this all in a month, over a weekend, sounds completely exhausting. So this morning,I cancelled the reservation and flights that I had booked and will find a conference elsewhere so as not to lose this benefit for this year.
I need a little time away from Disney to be able to fully enjoy it again. But not too long…

I had gone a little crazy back in January after getting the annual passes and while perusing the dedicated reservations on David’s, had jumped on a BWV reservation for December for 200$/night, so I’ll be back then. I am excited to see what else opens up and how things change between now and then. (:crossed_fingers:for park hopping). Again thank you all for reading and sharing. I’ve learned so much from this forum and feel like you all are a pretty outstanding group of people.

15 Likes

I have been going a little crazy now, only I don’t have an annual pass! I’m going in October, short trip with a friend. And then I’ve booked late January for just me! Also, dedicated DVC rentals. AKL split with BWV. I need to stop looking at those listings …

4 Likes

Thanks for the recap. I will be there in 2.5 weeks and am preparing for a totally different trip than we had in late July/early August. I am sad the low/no wait lines seem to be gone, but happy to see that so many are comfortable with travel again (makes me not feel so weird for traveling this summer and wanting to travel again during a pandemic). Safe travels!

4 Likes

Yes. I feel you. I’ve been inspired by all the solo trip reports here and I am confident that I would love it but will probably wait until my kids are a little older to do so because I’d probably feel guilty leaving them behind. Honestly though, probably not more guilt than a single trip to La Cava or the sacred space could wash away.
I still have a partial credit from the DVC rental store from my cancelled June trip so I’m still stalking the dedicated reservations too. Also had worked the Southwest Visas back in January to earn a companion pass that is good through 12/2021 (thanks to info garnered on this forum)…so have been wanting to maximize that as well and have discovered the joy of booking with points. I love Southwest and their policies. Might have randomly booked some low fares to Orlando at the end of Feb-early March just to see what comes of it…
Half the time I feel crazy for the Disney obsession and the other half the time I just think, :notes: I work hard for my money, so hard for it honey. I work hard for my money so I’d better treat me right :notes:
…and then give it all to Disney.:crazy_face:

7 Likes