Who is canceling and who is rebooking?

Finally got the site to work. Rebooked my stay… a little shorter, since I worry about school. But will be great, right now crowd levels are so low. Even if they go up, will still be good.

Honestly I’m excited because hopefully ratatouille is up and running, there will be so many new things. But now I need to replan to book ADRs in 30 days.

3 Likes

Good morning all!

Good morning all –

Update #2 regarding our Disney ticket situation that we bought through Get Away Today: I called back this morning after not hearing back yesterday and got the scoop.

Our 5 day-tickets (which were set to start tomorrow) have been converted to Anytime Tickets and will be valid for any days through December 15, 2020.

If we want to use them for Spring Break next year, then we would get to apply the face value of the tickets to the updated tickets and pay the difference for any price increase.

Also: For any changes we would need to work with Disney directly and use the confirmation number from our initial purchase/transaction.

Can anyone else confirm that they have seen this with their third party vendor (Tom: have you gotten other reports of this)? I hope this helps some of you. Obviously I still would rather be in the car on I-75 this morning headed towards Orange County, but this provides a little piece of mind and hope for a great vacation once we all get through this.

Take care and be safe!

Frank

1 Like

Good to hear! Here is the official policy as of now:

Unexpired multi-day theme park tickets with unused days, or date-specific theme park tickets with a valid use period during the period March 12, 2020 through March 31, 2020 will automatically be extended to use any date through December 15, 2020. If you are unable to visit by December 15, 2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date.

1 Like

My trip is planned for the first week of May. I believe we should reschedule, but my husband isn’t quite on board yet. Though I have done all the planning, he looks forward to it just as much as I do.

I’m considering the last week of May, but am more than likely looking to early November. We really want my MIL to come with, and I’m just not comfortable flying and I’m not comfortable with the idea of exposing her to crowds. I don’t see how this can be over with by early May, I really don’t- assuming this is as serious of an issue as epidemiologists and physicians are saying it is.

The thought that our parents can be healthy one moment and dead 17 days later is awful. It would be interesting to go end of May- we’d probably miss most of the headliners due to small children and no FPs. But we’d have an amazing time, assuming the fear of illness and death isn’t still looming.

1 Like

We are in the same boat. I haven’t cancelled yet but think it’s inevitable. I figured I can wait a few weeks more to see the status of things and also give some of the people with earlier reservations time to call without adding to the congestion of the phone lines.

1 Like

I just cancelled. We were supposed to be there 5/5-5/12 for my daughter’s D2 Summit cheer competition and they just posted that they are cancelling the entire season until May and postponing the end of the season events :frowning: It is 100% the right move, just so disappointed for these kids who have worked so hard and were so excited.

2 Likes

We are booked for mid June. I am not cancelling yet. We are in wait and see mode right now. I would love to be able to go.

1 Like

I haven’t cancelled yet but no way April 14 is happening… :(. Currently hoping it doesn’t come back before my rebooked October trip!

1 Like

We are booked 5/16 to 5/25, with my 23yo son starting an internship the day after we return, and working till he resumes school late August. If it becomes necessary, won’t be able to reschedule till January 2021.

I am booking my FPPs tomorrow and hoping for the best.

Lessons I have learned include booking everything directly through Disney and always spending the extra money for refundable plane tickets.

2 Likes

Yes, I have always found peace of mind getting things directly from Disney. It wasn’t always the cheapest option, but I figured it was worth it. I also only fly Southwest because there are no fee to change your flight.

2 Likes

Our travel agent booked us an additional trip in December, but its only a matter of time before she cancels our April trip and applies the refund to the trip in December. I spent the morning cancelling our ADRs and fast passes. BOG and FOP hurt the most, as we’ve never been to either.

FYI, RCI is cancelling with no penalty through 4/5. Fees refunded, points go back from whence they came. I just did mine this morning. It took about 45 minutes because everything has to be approved by a supervisor.

1 Like

we are going the 2nd week of May, not going to cancel unless Disney is closef. SO SAD for eveyone.

Thank you! I just finished canceling and getting the refund after your post.

1 Like

We are scheduled for May 27, I would like to wait to see if they open back up in April, even early May, before I make any decisions.
Hope we both get to keep our plans!!

1 Like

It’s been posted elsewhere, but I think not this thread, so wanted to make sure y’all saw the new guidance the CDC put out yesterday. So I can’t imagine them re-opening before May 15 at the very earliest. They are likely not announcing until they catch up processing for the dates already announced.

Therefore, CDC, in accordance with its guidance for large events and mass gatherings,recommends that for the next 8 weeks, organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 50 people or more throughout the United States.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/mass-gatherings-ready-for-covid-19.html

1 Like

My hope-filled mind sees recommends and I cross my fingers tighter. I know, realistically, it’s for the curve, it’s for health of others, it’s for safety. I know this in my realist mind. I still hold hope on “recommends” doesn’t mean that it lasts into summer. For selfish reasons and for economic worries as well.

1 Like

Unfortunately, pretty sure “recommends” translates to “please voluntarily do this so we don’t have to mandate it and waste resources enforcing it”.

Plus I think it opens up crazy liability.

3 Likes

I know, that is always at the forefront of my realist mind. Still holding on to hope, tho. I refuse to let that go until the week of the scheduled activities and then I’ll fall back into dark places when those cancellations go out.

Not responding to you personally, but I just wanted to mention that this is a site for intensive planners! That’s who we are. We like data and plans and tips and intracacies. I assume we are like this in regular life as well as vacation life. And right now, what we have is unknowns, question marks, and speculation. This is hard for everyone, especially us planner types. I appreciate the CDC recommendation specifically because it gives us a target, a moving target perhaps, but a beacon to focus on amidst all of the confusion and chaos.

7 Likes