Who is canceling and who is rebooking?

We were supposed to go 3/21-3/27. Can’t go again until next March. So sad! It was somehow harder when I made the decision on my own about 15 hours earlier. Luckily I hadn’t canceled yet (because I was in meetings all afternoon about COVID 19 and still in denial that my dream trip was really gone). Somehow this made everything more real. Wishing everyone the best.

1 Like

I just saw the news about WDW and Universal closing and my first thought was of how many people here must be affected. My second thought was this makes the hurricane closures look like small potatoes. I’m so sorry for the sadness of disrupted/delayed/cancelled trips, and for the uncertainty. I’m also wishing everyone the best.

I’ve been tracking flight prices for mid/late May, for a potential ~5 day long weekend trip while our annual pass to Universal is still good. Flights keep getting cheaper but there’s too much uncertainty for me to feel comfortable taking advantage of them.

3 Likes

Need to figure out who to talk to; we bought our tickets from Get Away Today for our trip this coming week (first day in the parks would have been this Sunday). Will try them in the morning, but if anyone has suggestions we are all ears! Thanks in advance

I’m supposed to begin a stay on April 7th. Wasn’t sure if parks will be open, so I made another reservation for end of July. Will wait until the end of March to decide what to do to keep or cancel April. Flying SW.

Our trip is mid-May, we plan to take the trip unless life throws us anymore curve balls. This has been crazy.

I can’t get time off work again until the week before Thanksgiving. Our AP’s will expire the middle of that week. :worried: Also, just bought tickets for DAK MK on the 16th the other day so :confounded:

I got the same response from David’s. I rented the Grand Californian in DL thru them starting April 2nd.

2 Likes

Disney says they will extend AP by the number of days the parks are closed and issue an automatic refund for any DAH that were purchased

6 Likes

I wonder how much business these places are going to have after this with such inflexibility.

1 Like

We’re scheduled for Memorial Day week. I think the odds are good it will be open, but I’m concerned about what it’s going to look like when it reopens. Disney can either take the attitude that the show must go on, or it can implement cutbacks to try to salve the massive global losses it’s in the process of incurring. I have a pair of unused AP vouchers that don’t expire until December 2030, so I’m wondering if it’s going to be worth starting the clock on them in May. Even if I have to eat $400 in airline change fees, it’s still less of a loss than I would feel if I had to use them for some version of Disney Lite. Plus, it’s not yet clear what rebookings are going to do to crowds during that period.

I’m still not overly concerned about catching the corona virus. I’ve returned from multiple Disney trips with respiratory symptoms worse than most people are experiencing with COVID-19. But the prospect of paying premium prices for a less than premium experience is a major concern.

1 Like

We are going the first week of May. So far we are not cancelling, just waiting to see what happens,

I feel for everyone who will be out of a job for those times. But mostly sad for the people who get sick. It’s a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

1 Like

Our May trip (starting Mother’s day) was for 6 days Disney, 3 days Universal. The big thing about this was that we scheduled it when we did because it is the graduation vacation for my DS17. But if we don’t go, I’m not sure when we can ultimately reschedule it when he can go. He’ll start at college in the fall, which eliminates the September/October/February times.

Our rental house, if we cancel now, we lose 50%. That’s not a huge deal. After April 10, we lose 100%…but what if Disney re-opens before then? We don’t want to cancel on April 9, only to find out we didn’t need to cancel at all. On the other hand, if we don’t cancel, and Disney remains closed, we have a rental house serving no purpose since we’re only going to do Disney/Universal.

So, at the moment, we’re in a wait and see scenario.

Our trip is currently booked for 3/31-4/5. Perfect timing for the Coronavirus to ruin our kids first trip to the most magical place on Earth. :weary::pleading_face:

Should I just add on a day at the end of my current booking and secure another reservation for the middle of May? I booked through the Disney website so assume I have to call their customer service number and be on hold for days.

We’re supposed to start our trip today. We’re half an hour out from when we were supposed to board our flight, and I still can’t get through to the airline. Been on hold for like 6 hours, between last night and today.

DVC reservations aren’t getting changed - so we’re just out that money. :frowning:
I haven’t been able to get a hold of Undercover Tourist yet, either, to change the hotel we booked through them. I think we’ll lose 5% from them.

This is a mess.
We’d talked about rescheduling to May or to next March. We don’t really have another opportunity to go this year. May doesn’t fit all that well for us, and I’m not sure this will be done by then.

DH just started talking about the rides that he likes. (He hasn’t said boo about the trip in my 9+ months of planning) We’re all sad. MN winters suck.

Fact check: True.

5 Likes

Deflated (see below)… but in the grand scheme of things it’s nothing compared to what some folk are going through. So best of luck and health to you all.
We will return!!

1 Like

We were planning 4/4 to 4/10 and now I have no idea. Presumably my kids’ summer break will be affected by the school closures, so I can’t really plan anything until I know their schedule.

I feel
Your pain, possibly rescheduling to the fall but the hotel cost is so different then the great Spring discounts.

I’m waiting to cancel really at this point. If my daughters school closes most likely she won’t have her Spring break week, I would think. Or if schools close for a long time, we probably shouldn’t be flying to Disney. It’s all just a bummer. I got touring plans, going to send your room request email today. I could just cry! But keeping perspective and all that.

Right? I was thinking of looking into renting points to make the fall trio more affordable, but with so much uncertainty I need something I can cancel easily.