Who has a crystal ball?

4 Likes

CDC signals cruise ships can resume sailing in U.S. waters this summer - CBS News

This should make lots of people happy!

2 Likes

I am reading a lot of angry posts on Twitter about the latest guidelines.

Oh man. :disappointed::disappointed_relieved:

So many people work on these ships.

Iā€™m getting whiplash on the excitement/disappointment front! Itā€™s hard to handle! One minute all the RCL employees are getting vaccinated in a cruise terminal and next NCL is making statements like this. I canā€™t keep up.

I did see the the CDC reversed course on some draconian kidā€™s camp guidelines so perhaps they are softening a little?

1 Like

DH and I just booked DCL for our 20th anniversary in November. Fully prepared to be cancelled, and will go with plan B when that happens.

Just need to come up with what that plan is. Would love to switch to DL Cali but will Cali let this dirty dirty New Englander in by then??

4 Likes

What ship?? So exciting! I have been so deep in the DCL rabbit hole!

Magic. 4 nights out of Miami to Castaway Cay and Bahamas. I hate Bahamas, but if you want to go to Castaway Cay itā€™s pretty hard to avoid it. Looked at a double dip to Castaway Cay but it didnā€™t fit our timeline.

We have cruised a lot before we fell in love with Disney but this is our first DCL

3 Likes

Oooooh fabulous! Our October ā€œbackupā€ trip is on the Magic! She sounds great. I have been looking at other options if we donā€™t go in October and feel the same way you do. Seems like the only options are terrible ports plus Castaway Cay. But for our first I also would be ok staying on the ship for port days.

2 Likes

Yay! Iā€™m predicting youā€™ll love DCL and spend some time the last day booking a bounceback. Iā€™m considering the Magic for a January Marvel Day at Sea cruise that would go to CC and also way over to Grand Cayman or Cozumel. But yeah, DCL has way too many only doing CC and Nassau, they need more variety.

2 Likes

My kids will NOT cruise. I donā€™t get it.

And typically DCL is waaaaaay overpriced. Which is the singular reason I havenā€™t done it yet. But right now? The fare is a steal for DCL and in keeping with what I would typically pay for another line.

I donā€™t know that Iā€™ll bounceback. Iā€™m too cheap sometimes. But weā€™ll see.

Rumor is June 15th. Most parks are already letting out of state people in as long as they can show proof of vaccine or neg Covid test. Disney is one of the few that is not. We are hoping that the 6/15 announcement will change that.

3 Likes

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/tourism-cruises/article251909713.html

Cruise news for Royal Caribbean.

New development - wonā€™t require vaccine.

In a press release Friday announcing cruises for sale on eight of its ships from U.S. ports this summer, starting with Freedom of the Seas from PortMiami on July 2, the company said it will recommend passengers get the COVID-19 vaccine, but not require it. The announcement is a reversal from previous statements and vaccine protocols the company submitted to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention last month that said it would require all passengers at least 18 years old and older to be vaccinated.

They are requiring g negative tests for anyone that is not vaccinated?

NCL is still saying all need to be vaccinated?

The local news here reported that ppl not vaccinated had to have negative tests before and during the cruise.

I donā€™t know more than this.
My son sent it to me.

RCCL Website does not reflect this change as I can see.

I did hear it reported on the news this morning. That they changed the vaccination requirement.

1 Like

Cruise critic has a thread with 21 pages worth. Mostly arguing, but a few posts directing to their facebook page. I donā€™t have facebook, but thought you might. There is speculation it is due to the vast number of children and inability to reach 95% vaccinated. Sister line Celebrity will continue the requirements.

I want a cruise so badly I can hear the horns.

RCL Blog post

1 Like