Which WDW hotel has best access to all 4 parks?

Hey guys, i’m just daydreaming about my future trip after our upcoming January one, you know, as Liners do.
I was thinking it would be nice to prioritize transportation. Which WDW hotel do you think has the best transportation to all 4 parks? And by best, I mostly mean the fastest. The boardwalk area seems to be kind of right in the middle of the map, but i’m curious what your opinions are. I’ve only ever stayed at Pop, CBR, and WL, so I don’t have experience with many of the hotels.

When we stayed at BC, we loved the easy walking access to EP where some of the best dining is. Last May we stayed at POR. We Ubered in the morning because I don’t have the patience to wait for buses, and used Disney transport at night when I needed care how long it took to get back to my resort.

1 Like

I would say any of the Epcot area resorts. Being able to walk or boat to 2 parks saves a lot of time. We almost never ride the buses, the waiting and the crowdedness makes me nuts. We usually drive to all parks we cannot walk to.

1 Like

Every resort has pluses/minuses in this regard. So the first question you probably want to determine is what park or parks are you MOST likely to want to go to MOST OFTEN. That would then direct you to which resort options are best.

For example, if you plan to do HS twice, and EPCOT once, MK once and AK one, the boardwalk resorts are a great choice.

If you are an AK type person, and want to spend most time there, then the value or AKL are better choices. If you plan to do MK a bunch, but not as much of the others, then the monorail resorts might be best.

3 Likes

This gives something to play with to give a general guide:

2 Likes

Thanks, I have the map favorited already. It is very nice!
Also, I agree that for some vacations, you want to pick a hotel near the park you’ll do the most. That is one of the reasons we are staying at Wilderness Lodge in January. But I think for the following trip we’ll probably spend fairly equal amounts at all 4 parks. Hence me wondering what might be the closest to the “middle” for all hotels. I am not sure how close that map is as far as transportation minutes… they seem to be rounded. So I am looking more for Liner personal experience.

The other thing about that interactive map is that the skyliner is not included, which changes things as well.

1 Like

Epcot resorts are great access to 2 parks. Monorail resorts are good access to MK and at least a “fun monorail ride” from Epcot. The Poly probably wins the MK resort battle in that you can walk to the Epcot monorail and have 4 pretty easy ways to get to MK depending on your mood (resort monorail, resort little boat, TTC monorail & TTC big boat). Although I guess the Contemporary walk to the MK is pretty darn good too…

But mostly it depends on what parks you want to go to - but each of Epcot & monorail loop have their strengths depending…

2 Likes

I think POFQ is very close to all the parks - 10 mins to HS and EP, 13 to MK, I didn’t time it to AK but less than 20. It’s pretty central. But it does only have the buses, and the boat to DS.

2 Likes

Yeah POFQ has been on my radar in the past… it does seem like its pretty well-rounded.

1 Like

Our next trip, we get to go for a little longer than usual (8 days instead of 4 or 5). I’ve decided to try to prioritize travel, too.
That led us to a 3-way hotel split. :flushed: I have no idea, yet, if this is a terrible idea or a great idea.

We’re spending 2 nights at Poly - and doing MK those days (and an afternoon of Epcot)
Then 2 nights at AKL - AK those days
Then 4 nights at CBR, where we can finish off HS and Epcot.

Our kids are old enough, and the trip is long enough that I think we can go without afternoon breaks on the travel days.

3 Likes

Interesting idea! You should definitely let us know how that goes!

1 Like

I have often done split days. Part at a Monorail resort and part at an Epcot resort. Usually more time at an Epcot resort because we often do Epcot in the morning then take the Monorail to MK or visa versa.

2 Likes

They calculated something similar to this on the TP blog. The article is from 2012 though. But based on their sample itinerary, using only Disney transportation, SS was the fastest.

Thank you! It’s a nice reference to have!

Sure was in the 80s and 90s … there is very little fun in a monorail experience these days.

I would say Boardwalk. Unless you have toddlers and will be spending a lot of time at MK in which case I prefer the Contemporary for the close walk to MK.

2 Likes

It’s just me and DH. I do love that you can walk to EP and HS from Boardwalk.

Just returned from the Beach Club. Can’t beat the location to all four parks. (didin’t care for the actual hotel).

I do think that will significantly change with the skyliner, which will put Pop, AoA, Caribbean Beach with very good options as well.

1 Like

Can you elaborate? I’ve done a lot of research about it and selected it for my next trip. Just curious if any of your thoughts might be mitigated by other factors specific to our party. TIA!

1 Like