Which are the top table service reservations that i should have for our trip in September?

There must have been a delay. Thank you!

1 Like

Oh, my gah, that was a roller coaster!!! Whew! So glad NaviHeart got it! :smiley:

4 Likes

I love yā€™all. :joy::joy::joy:. Nice work!

2 Likes

Just sayinā€™ ā€“ itā€™s 53 days 'til I go to WDW, and Iā€™m feeling a little lightheaded and panicky. What if Iā€™m not prepared?! Iā€™ve got ADRā€™s, yes, although I still hope Boma opens. Iā€™ve got actual, personalized and optimized touring plans (well, except for the last day; Iā€™m procrastinating); Iā€™ve warned DH that there were only 6 billion people on the planet the last time we went, and now thereā€™s almost 8 billion people, so the crowds are definitely going to be greaterā€¦ but Iā€™m so worried Iā€™m just not ready.

Can I start packing now?

3 Likes

Iā€™m right there with you. I changed my plans a lot in the last 2 weeks. I made a spreadsheet this time. I might feel a little better once I buy my tickets and make park reservations. I think that so much is unsure like other restaurants opening, trying to get reservations at times that are realistic, park hours in flux, transportation times, and fast passes not being in play, so much is a mystery! I have some days that I am unnecessarily taking an Uber just for a reservation because itā€™s the only time I could get. Im trying to leave time in the plan to just enjoy everything and take it in because really even if everything falls apart Iā€™m fine just standing in the middle of Main Street!

2 Likes

I just got Cali grill for my last night! There were 3 available. One for 8:20, 9:20 and 6:30. I snagged the 6:30 and 9:20. I probably should have taken the 8:20 but I was worried about missing the fireworks if I was busy checking in at the 8:15 show time. I really wanted to have fireworks and dinner at the same time. Maybe I will be able to shift it but do you think I chose correct? I kind of wish I had gone with 8:20. Do you think they might change the show time from 8:15 for HEA?? I guess I can go up early watch them and wait for my reservation?? Do they still let people up early to watch?

Iā€™m holding onto the 6:30 because 9:20 is so late to eat. If I did the 6:30 I would have to leave AK early but I could potentially be ending my meal right when fireworks start. That might be the better option!??

3 Likes

I had a 9:40 reservation with 9:15 fireworks and we went up early to watch and then waited by the elevators for our table to be ready. They know you want to watch the firworks so they work around that. If you got the 8:20 you could do just as I did and just get seated after the show ends at 8:33 (yes they know the exact time the fireworks end).

1 Like

I think the 6:30 can work. Go up, get dinner, and then go downstairs and do some shopping and walking around. Ask various CMā€™s what the heck happened to the Mickey and Leopold Stokowski statue that used to be so prominent in the lobby. Go back upstairs for the 8:15 fireworksā€¦ weep copious tears, dry yourself off, wring out your dress, and head back to your resort having just had a lovely evening without starving. :rofl:

(OK, the copious weeping might be just me. I tend to project.)

You had nothing but good choices for those ADR times! :smiley:

2 Likes

Nah. 6:30 will work fine but more because like @NaviHeart said they will just be wrapping up in time to go out onto the concourse. Itā€™s a solid 2hr meal up there in my experience, and definitely not to be rushed.

I personally would pick the 9:20 because it does seem late from home, but itā€™s ā€œDisney lateā€ which is not even the same thing once youā€™re there. In April I had a 10:30 (?) ressie and questioned the wisdom of that, but honestly it just made the evening so nice and not rushed in MK and then I sauntered over for my dinner. We are tending to eat later at WDW ā€” or super early ā€” because if you eat at a ā€œnormal hourā€ you sacrifice evening park time (especially with these stupid early close times) which is what OP is running into with the 6:30 ressie.

2 Likes

I think I will keep both for now but thank you for letting me know we wonā€™t be rushed. Itā€™s my first dinner there and I would like to take my time and watch the fireworks as a finale to the meal & the trip! I think that would make more sense for us because We might spend the next morning at volcano bay before we fly out.
I switched my plans so that I stay at AK longer a different day instead.
9:20 could work if we decide to spend the afternoon in MK, watch the fireworks in park and then walk over for dinner.

Iā€™m SO excited that I got Cali grill for our last night. Itā€™s really coming together. Now Boma just needs to open lol

3 Likes

Is GFC worth getting up early on our Epcot day for a 9:05 ADR? We have HHN the night before. If Boma opens it will take the place of GFC. It looks very good. Iā€™ve heard it is a longer and slower paced meal.