Where do you see yourself in 5 years? --- A Solo Trip Report

I have zero interest in visiting Vegas.

This is literally the only thing I’ve ever heard about Vegas that makes me want to go… :rofl:

:heart::hot_face::heart:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Simpleton here. I have only been once, but I had a ton of fun in Vegas. I’ve never gambled, but wanted to see what it was about so I taught myself craps before the trip and had a ton of fun playing - didn’t win big, but just enjoyed the playing the game.

Also LOVED the Love show. Also ate some amazing food and spent a day in the spa at the Four Seasons. Went in October so no melting shoes.

If you made me choose between Disney and Vegas - it’d be Disney no question, but in a world where I can have both, I’d happily go back to Vegas and enjoy my simpleton self. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I went to Vegas for a conference many years ago and it was not my thing. Same former boss offered to send me again a few years later, and I said no, thanks, I’ll stay home. But keep me in mind for Anaheim, Orlando, or literally, just about anywhere else.

3 Likes

get back to your corner and finish eating your paste. :smirk:

For you are a cultured and enlightened individual. :grin:

4 Likes

I just… I thought you were …THERE ARE SO MANY RESTAURANTS WITH FANTASTIC FOOD AND ICE CREAM IN LAS VEGAS!!! …

5 Likes

It’s been a while since you’ve lived with a toddler, hasn’t it?

14 Likes

Awwwww, look at someone hurting their wittle bwain twying to use wogic. Shhhh it’s ok. It’s going to be ok. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

No, there’s not “fantastic” ice cream in Vegas. At best, it’s no worse than what you can get anywhere else. And as far as the restaurants go, it’s ok, but it’s still not enough to fill even an afternoon with. Food, alone, you can’t fill a day with, even with multiple places.

Vegas sucks, it’s time to just accept it and move on. The ONLY thing it had going for it was the Star Trek experience a while back and they ended it. So they dug their own grave.

2 Likes

I have zero interest in Vegas also. I also wanted to go to the Star Trek Experience, and would’ve tolerated a short trip for that, but now that it’s gone, it’s a hard pass.

2 Likes

Because you are a being of sophistication and taste.

1 Like

Thank the good Lord, YES!

3 Likes

Definitely agree! After 1 day I was bored until the sun went down and I even did allllllll the stupid touristy things. Definitely not my kind of place.

2 Likes

Strong feelings about Vegas much? :joy::joy::joy:

I have been to Vegas 3 times, most recently with DH in 2015. It was a great trip! But it was a long weekend tacked onto a work conference and we only stayed one overnight on the strip. We stayed with DH’s cousins (childless) and met up with friends who were there at the same time. It was as much the company as the location.

So, I guess I’d go again if I had a reason to go, but I wouldn’t plan a trip for only my DH and me to stay by ourselves. (I’d absolutely go stay with his cousins again. They are a lot of fun!)

It’s a sight to see, but 1 short trip is enough to check it off the list.

2 Likes

Because you are a vastly distinguished individual who appreciates the finer things in life.

1 Like

What gave it away?

Like steak and polenta and sour cream waffles with orange essence syrup… sigh…

1 Like

And now I’m hungry. Thanks. :unamused:

I love those waffles so much. I regretted ordering the quiche and having waffles on the side. I should have just had the waffles!!

2 Likes

Seriously, though, thanks to our waiter who helped us navigate the menu too. Cause without his guidance I guarantee I wouldn’t have ordered the right things.

2 Likes

Las Vegas has five AAA Five Diamond award-winning restaurants. WDW has one. And it’s closed.

Las Vegas has five Cirque du Soleil shows. WDW has one and it’s not open yet.

4 Likes