When you can’t convince DH to do disney what else is there?

I have 2 trips coming up. One in August on site and one in December at universal but going to MVMCP and SeaWorld too. I was trying to push through but the weather here forced me to book another trip in just over 3 weeks time lol. Going to Orlando 3 times a year is a bit excessive for me but hey you only live once :slightly_smiling_face:. The trip in May is adult only with the husband and although I would love to do some Disney I know I won’t be able to convince him. Wondering if there might be some suggestions of other must dos in orlando.
My husband does golf so a couple rounds will happen, we will do disney springs and right now I only did a reservation for beaches and cream (it will be closed when we go in August). Was thinking of maybe a water park one day? TIA.

I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie and the indoor skydiving has crossed my mind.

1 Like

You’re a short drive from the Space Coast… a day at the Kennedy Space Center is always a good time. If you go, be sure to spend time out at the Saturn V/moon mission center, and some time in the Space Shuttle center; they have Atlantis there, “mounted” such that the cargo bay doors are open and you can see inside, plus you can walk underneath and see pretty much the whole orbiter. They also have a couple of IMAX films there which are also worth a watch.

You could also head up to St. Augustine, the self-titled “oldest city in the US”, and see the old fort, which is about 1.5 hrs from Orlando, IIRC.

You’re a bit of a hike from the everglades, so that would definitely be a conscious choice to go to.

2 Likes

heheh I read the title and the first thing that came to my mind:

“Divorce.”

Are you looking for things for him to do on his own or for the both of you?

4 Likes

Lol too funny. I get him to agree to go once a year so I can’t complain too much. I was thinking things we could do together :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

Well then Sea World springs to mind.

Maybe something here https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g34515-Activities-Orlando_Florida.html might spark an idea?

Awesome. Thanks. I will have a look.

I’m curious to know WHY he won’t do Disney, because the answer to that could influence how to answer your broader question.

For example, perhaps he’d be willing just to do Epcot if the focus was on the World Showcase and food (and, well, if he happens to accidentally find himself on Soarin’ or something, who knows what could happen!).

Epcot is often seen as the most “adult” of the theme parks there. Not sure if there are any Festivals going on at Epcot during that time. But it does offer an introduction to Disney without all the focus being on Mickey Mouse, etc.

3 Likes

I mean, when aren’t there festivals at Epcot nowadays???

They should change the name to DAFCen. (Disney’s Annual Festivals Center).

2 Likes

I think when they aren’t having a Festival, they should have a “Festival of the Festivals” festival instead.

4 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I think he thinks Disney is not for adults. Crazy hey lol.

1 Like

What a silly notion. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hmm. Perhaps. But then, why do I now imagine him pouring himself cereal from a box of Trix? :wink:

Listen, my kids LOVE Disney only because we (the adults) loved it first. :smiley:

4 Likes

I know I totally disagree with him. When I was a little kid my dream was to go to Disney one day. I had to wait until I was a working adult and took my son on his first trip to make my dream come true. We have been going every year now for his birthday for the last 6 years. I’m worried that when my son does not want to go anymore that Disney may be done for me :confused:. I def need to find a Disney buddy lol.

3 Likes

I strongly suggest finding someone who owns DVC. I mean, if you are going to look for a Disney buddy, might as well choose the best Disney buddy possible! :wink:

So, has your DH been to Disney himself? It isn’t clear. If he has, then I guess there is little chance of tricking him into liking it… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww man, sadness to hear that your husband is not a Disney World fan. I mean, I get not liking the Disney movies as an adult… but the rides and just the care-free nature of being at Disney World is amazing for anyone! I think if eventually your son also no longer wants to go to Disney, you should just send your husband on a father-son bonding trip once (or twice) a year, while you take a friend to Disney World. I don’t get to go every year (yet) but going to Disney is kind of my sanity relief… I don’t know what i’d do without it!

1 Like

Oh yes he goes every year with us :slightly_smiling_face:. I think that’s part of the reason he would not want to go now cause he will be in the bubble for 10 nights in August :slightly_smiling_face:

In that case, I got nothing. :wink:

(Well, not nothing. Universal Studios and Busch Gardens Tampa come to mind, as does the aforementioned Kennedy Space Center.)

1 Like

Epcot! Yes! I agree Ryan! Tell him “Test Track” is manly!

2 Likes