When you can’t convince DH to do disney what else is there?

I understand your pain. My husband does not love Disney (he tolerates an occasional trip for me). I do agree that trying to get him to Epcot might work–I know that my husband appreciates that park.

2 Likes

I am in that very boat. DH and both my boys are done with Disney, but I am not. I had planned my first trip to WDW solo, but then a friend asked if she could tag along. So we are doing a “Moms gone wild, Disney Edition.”

6 Likes

That sounds fun!

2 Likes

Just so you know … Disney World has several highly rated golf courses.

2 Likes

for what its worth, DD21 is still my Disney buddy. We have 3 trips booked in the next 8 months. And then there are Disney grandbabies…

3 Likes

Totally understand. We have a friend who spent 2 hours at Disneyland and left to go back to his room and read. He says he doesn’t like roller coasters and “doesn’t get” Disney. To my DH and I ,it’s like he is an alien. I mean, who doesn’t get Disney?

Terrorists.

Hehe

1 Like

:joy:

Yes I am hoping the my son stays in love with Disney…he is only 10 now so I know have a awhile left yet…we always go for his birthday so I don’t see any reason to ever stop that tradition lol.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong he enjoys Disney when he is there but 1 trip a year is enough for him. We are doing Disney in August and I convinced him for a second trip to Disney/universal in December so I really should not be complaining lol.

Does your DH like golfing at Disney?

Oh yes he goes golfing when we go to Disney and my son and I just hang out at resort/pool

1 Like

My DH is that way. It was actually his decision to go this summer - we are planning multiple in park days. He will spend a full day at EP, which he actually likes, finishing with TS dinner in WS. On my MK day, he will play golf and come meet me later to ride Splash and a few other rides that he enjoys. Then we’ll go for dinner at one of the hotels and return for fireworks. We’re also taking a half day to snack around the world.

He is also looking forward to relaxing by the pool at the Dolphin. He didn’t see Disney as a place for adults, but nice dinners and careful choices of what to do together has brought him over to the Disney side.

3 Likes

Last time I was at DLR I was struck by how many “Disney Dudes” there were. Many of them were there with a GF but usually it was clear the young man was more into it than the woman. Maybe it is the local nature of DLR, but was pleases to see a robust love of Disney among the 20 something male demographic!

4 Likes

I’ve always been much more into Disney than DH We still go 2-3 times a year, but he takes a fair amount of time out of the parks to do other things, like golf or going to the AMC at Disney Springs (he’s super excited about the new Marvel movie so has already set aside one afternoon for that). I think he’s also planning to do the Void this trip. Apart from that, he also sleeps in a few days when DD and I do rope drop - just hangs out, reads the paper etc, and then meets us for lunch.

Just a few suggestions for minimizing your Disney experience in the bubble. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I think I may have him convinced to do DAH at AK. Fingers crossed I can pull it off lol.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. My husband has done DAH at MK and HS and tolerated those because the crowds were so low. Hope you can pull it off.

1 Like