When we go the distance, we'll be right where we belong - a trip report

I feel for cast members these days. A thankless job.

5 Likes

And it shall remain this way for the foreseeable future :pray: :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Never been. The fact that it’s so easily overlooked is what makes it sacred.

4 Likes

Another reason I love this place - the cast members, without exception to this point, have been awesome. Every. Single. One.

16 Likes

It was one of those days where you just feel it was perfect. Even the minor annoyances (ahem ILL time slipping, bus delays getting us to MK) don’t taint a day that was practically perfect in every possible way.

First, just being in MK again; seeing the castle, walking down Main Street, in and of itself was that much more emotional after two years of a global pandemic.

Then seeing the joy on DS5s face as he experienced things like 7DMT and BTMR for the first time, or when he got the chance to drive a car, or his ear to ear grin when he met Mickey. I think DS12 had a similar take to mine, as he got to share his favorites with his little brother. It was so much fun and such a great experience.

Then going back to our room and hitting Stormalong Bay for a quick swim, and an evening at Epcot with a revisit to TT (both boys favorite attraction) thanks to a LL drop.

The kids do get tired and so we haven’t (yet) made it to a spectacular. We might, or we might not. And as much as I’d like to see Harmonious or even Enchantment, I’m ok if we don’t. I’ve learned that everyone is happier when we don’t push too hard, and there will be other trips, and they’ll get older. Right now I’m just treasuring what we have, that we are finally able to do this, and how much fun we are having together.

And as I alluded to earlier, every cast member we interacted with was just friendly, helpful, and amazing.

Such a great day.

30 Likes

22 Likes

Oh, and just because I love this view.

28 Likes

You can post one every hour if you like! :star_struck:

7 Likes

My goodness.

This reads like such a. Great blog post!

:wink:

Super excited for you!!

8 Likes

You have a gorgeous family! It makes me so happy that you’re finally able to have these experiences. Worth the wait I’m sure!!

4 Likes

Thanks so much!

3 Likes

Lovely pics! I’m glad you’re having such a great time.

2 Likes

Sounds like the perfect day. If you feel up to it some night we enjoyed Harmonious from the bridge that leads to BW if you walk towards the IG entrance. Harmonious has higher fireworks and although the music is not piped into the area, you are close enough to hear it.

7 Likes

Beautiful family!

2 Likes

The different looks on your boys faces as they are meeting Mickey is precious! :laughing:

2 Likes

Aw, that’s super sweet :blue_heart::blue_heart:

Sounds like an amazing day. You’re very wise not to push on to fireworks and not enjoy it!

2 Likes

Hollywood studios day. Rocked Genie+, was able to grab a bunch just by refreshing. Got MFSR at 7, rope dropped Slinky, followed by TSM and Saucers. Then went to Batuu. As huge Star Wars fans, we were blown away. Most of our time today was spent on the two rides - Rise was an imagineering tour de force, and the Falcon was just plain fun. And MMRR is such a cute, fun ride.

The heat though was something else. It hit 99 today (and it will again tomorrow). We were toast by 1 so we didn’t get enough time to explore Galaxy’s Edge as we would have liked, but we are going back once or twice more. We rounded out the day with an extended time in the pool and Epcot F&G at night. Overall though, just another great day.

Tomorrow is a rest day - we might go to a park later in the day but are planning on sleeping in and primarily hanging around the resort.

20 Likes

Supposed to feel like 108F. Dangerous, be careful.

3 Likes

Photos from yesterday that I was too tired to post last night.

27 Likes

So we slept in this morning and are just now getting going. Plan is that we are going to enjoy the pool and resort for the heat of the day, and then head to MK at night (stacking LLs).

One slight snag in our plan:. Our park reservation is for Epcot. So we are leaving now to tap into Epcot, turn around, and come back to our resort.

There needs to be a better system.

13 Likes