What's your favorite thing that's NOT on a touring plan?

What are favorite “off the beaten path” or “stop to smell the roses” kind of things that you wouldn’t miss at WDW. Something that you don’t put on the touring plan, just something you enjoy or was a special moment. For example, strolling through the UK gardens or stopping to watch performers.

We leave for WDW in one week (woohoo!) and I already have that feeling that it’s going to be over so fast. In an effort to slow down and savor the moment, I want to be on the lookout for special places or moments I might miss because I am too focused on the go, go, go.

5 Likes

Be sure to check out the monorail resorts and Wilderness Lodge. I also like to just sit on the porch in the rocking chairs at Town Hall and just people watch. Watch the entertainment at Epcot and the Dapper Dans at MK.

4 Likes

the jumping fountains and the light -up sidewalk at epcot.

11 Likes

People watching on Main Street with a cup of coffee or ice cream is one of my favorite things.

3 Likes

We stayed at AoA but one of our favorite things was running around the Radiator Springs Courtyard.

I’d add to that just exploring your own resort - pool, playground etc. We enjoyed getting airbrush tattoos at the resort and playing in the arcade one evening.

1 Like

Yes! This. Partly for nostalgia reasons.

You know, in all my times being there, I’ve never ONCE seen the light up sidewalks. I plan to pay attention explicitly to this next time.

Something we love is just the evening atmosphere (starting around dusk) at Disney Springs. The lights, the sounds, the smells. Just being with family as we eat a snack, etc.

4 Likes

Taking in the small details around the parks. Also people watching.

1 Like

We like to bring coins for the penny presses and do them whenever we find them.

4 Likes

We used to do that. And we even bought those little books to put them in.

Now, several years later, do you think we have ANY idea where any of those pressed pennies are? (I’ll give you a hint: the answer starts with “n” and ends with “o”.)

2 Likes

You left your pressed pennies in Narnio?

5 Likes

Wow. And I thought I made that clue a tough one! :wink:

1 Like

We’re staying at AoA! I am really looking forward to seeing the Radiator Springs area. Airbrush tattoos sound cool!

The Blue Fairy Wish Book is located in Fantasyland inside of the Pinnochio Village Haus quick service restaurant.

listen to the telephone conversations in the hat shop on Main Street in MK

Stay for kiss goodnight at MK

Visit the Boardwalk

Go to chip and dale campfire at Fort Wilderness

4 Likes

I second the light-up sidewalks! It’s a favorite memory from going as a kid, heading back after watching the fireworks.

1 Like

Argh, it was friggin broken the last time I was there(someone ripped off the ear piece). Hopefully it’s been repaired by now :frowning:

Favorite thing: The morning walk from Contemporary to MK. Bonus if it’s for a PPO Breakfast.
2nd favorite: enjoying empty MK with coffee in the mornings thanks to PPO breakfast.

Also love strolling World Showcase (well, really, ANY park) at closing. Crowds drop to almost nill but everything still lit. If you hung around long enough, the globe for Illuminations would do a final purge as it shuts down.

People watching can be a lot of fun, especially if you happen to catch the characters starting their day and interacting with guests before they make it to their meet-n-greet area.

4 Likes

And this is why we can’t have nice things :rage:

2 Likes

I’d like to think it was some youngling who got overexcited at hearing voices.

I’d like to think that. Because anything else will make me rage.

2 Likes

Early morning walks around Crescent Lake before the crowds come out, browsing the Mitsukoshi store for hours on end, just sitting in the Japanese garden up the little steps where the Katsura grill is, hitting all the random dance parties for the kids on the paths of AK.

3 Likes

Pinnochio’s Village Haus can be entered prior to “opening” at 11am. We like to get a Mickey Bar, go in and sit in one of the booths overlooking It’s a Small World… behind glass, of course. I like waving bon voyage as the riders start out. It’s impossible to get those seats during normal hours of operation. Makes for a nice break in the late morning after rope dropping.

7 Likes

OH I forgot eating ice cream down the alley in MK. (I can never remember the stupid name of it). It’s where you’ll hear the singing and dancing lessons.

2 Likes