What's your countdown? 6th July

We have nothing planned as of yet! But I’m working on it. We just moved to GA about a month ago, so I’m trying to swing a way to go to MK for 2 days over my birthday weekend, which is at the end of August.
I also REALLY want to go back the middle of December like we did last year. But with starting new jobs, I don’t know if we’ll have a weeks worth of vacation time to go. If not, then I guess we’ll have to plan for next year. I also wanted to take advantage that our DD is still free - she’s 2. After that, I doubt we’ll be able to go once a year like I’d want to.

1 Like

Hi everyone thanks for joining in!

@Crasstastic have you been to Typhoon lagoon before? We love the Crush n Gusher water coasters there - because we tend to go in Jan/Feb when a lot of peeps find it too cold for swimming, we often find there is no line for it. The only thing that stops us riding all day is the walk to the top each time!

@NeedaTurkeyLeg WL and AKL - fabulous! I have never even visited WL for a meal, but it looks great - must make the effort to visit it. The refurbed villas look lovely.

@gabmom - I love a good wedding - hope they get good weather for it!

@ezed62 - BLT and AKL - sounds great and only a couple of months to wait.

@Stiller - sorry, I have no tips, hope you have fun.

@JustKeepSmiling - so excited for you for your solo trip - going to be great! Wisconsin Dells sounds fun - I love water parks. Looking forward to London - I’ll be blowing up Instagram probably!

@jstagnaro - WDW and a cruise sounds great. I’m sure you’re right - with 9 days, you should have plenty of time to do everything you have planned.

@Smee - hmmm breakfast pizza sounds interesting! You’ll have to let us know what that is like!

@spoerlx3 - ha ha, yes I always count the moment I check in for my flight as the start of vacation! Nice to have the cruise to break up the wait till WDW - enjoy!

@alassen23 - good luck getting a definite countdown soon!

Ok, I think I may have broken my own record for the overuse of !!! Have a great day everyone.

2 Likes

[quote="@Ellen1976, post:62, topic:14757, full:true"][/quote]We’ve never been to any waterparks. We chose AoA as our resort this go around, which my DD7 wasn’t thrilled with since she loves the waterslide at hotels like WL. Having a waterpark day mollified her! We debated between the two parks, and picked Typhoon Lagoon because Blizzard Beach seemed a little much for a young kid… too bad, because tbh, I like the theme better at BB. What do you think is better?

1 Like

Yes, please do!

2 Likes

@Ellen1976 Breakfast Pizzas at Wolfgang Puck Express (Downtown Disney Marketplace) are fantastic! First tried them last year, had them again this year and so excited that we now have our countdown for next year’s trip and staying SSR we’ll be closer to breakfast pizza! You really should try one! They’re rather large for an individual pizza!

1 Like

I don’t think you can go wrong with either one really. I probably prefer typhoon lagoon overall, because I love the lush feel that the planting gives (especially around the lazy river) and I love the crush n gusher water coasters. However the family raft ride at blizzard beach is miles better than the one at typhoon lagoon, and the kids area is really cool too - my oldest son LOVED the zip line when he was small enough to go on it.

Like I said both are great - you’ll have fun at either one! If you start a thread asking this question you’ll probably get half saying one and half saying the other!

Sounds good! Maybe I’ll give it a go next trip - might be a way of convincing my family to go to DTD earlier in the day. We always seem to end up there at about 8pm and fighting crowds.

Ellen, this is our first split stay AND our first stay in a deluxe. We couldn’t decide on AKL or WL so we went with both!

1 Like

That’s great! I don’t know if I could have chosen between those two either. It’s easy for me though - my husband loves OKW and if staying there means he’s happy to keep going back then I’m ok with that. I’ll get him to try another resort eventually!