What's your countdown? 6th July

Hi everyone

I’m at 486 days until I return to Old Key West. A long time to wait, but I started at way over 500, so progress is being made.

What about you? Where are you staying?

I’ve also got a little trip to London planned in 58 days - nice to have something to look forward to that is happening a bit sooner. What about you? Do you have any trips planned other than WDW?

6 Likes

83 days until I’m at Pop! This trip is starting to get out of hand. What began as an incredibly frugal trip has morphed into something entirely different, mostly due to my mother’s apparent inability to resist spending money on me. She’s really dedicated to making this trip special for me, but it’s a little overwhelming. I know I shouldn’t complain, though. I get to do some cool stuff!

Other than WDW, I have a trip to Bermuda planned, but that’s over a year away. Nothing planned besides that, but we’ll probably get away somewhere for a day or two this summer.

5 Likes

Thanks for joining in - I was starting to think no one wanted to talk today!

Wow, it doesn’t seem long since you were getting your adrs sorted out, and now you’re at 83 days. What sort of extra stuff are you able to do now - any tours?

3 Likes

78 days! Staying at AKL on rented DVC points.

@theredhead I wish my folks wanted to spend money on me like that. What cool stuff are yo doing?

4 Likes

Love AKL - have only visited for dinner at Boma though - can’t get my husband to stay anywhere but OKW!

2 Likes

First time stay for us. First in a deluxe as well. We have walked around the hotel a little in the past but are very excited to stay there and see animals from the room.

3 Likes

114 for me! 5 days with DD26 ay POR, 2 days visiting with a friend and then BACK for 5 days with another friend (who I haven’t seen in several years.) I want to preview BBW Food and Wine weekend and hopefully run myself in 2016.

I don’t know how this little trip got so extended and great, bit I am psyched!

3 Likes

That sounds great! I really hope you make it to W&D marathon weekend in 2016 - would love to meet up!

2 Likes

Breakfast at BOG, which I wouldn’t have done otherwise. No dining plan, and a $20 breakfast is absolutely insane to me. She’s insisting that I absolutely must do it, and is footing the bill. I’m doing the Wild Africa Trek and mentioned to her that I was thinking about canceling it to do the new DestiNations tour at Epcot. She booked the DestiNations tour for me because she didn’t want me to have to choose. “And anyway, Erin, your father and I are taking it in December. We need you to scout it out for us.” Sure Momma, whatever you say.

I hope you enjoy AKL! It’s such a gorgeous resort.

@BearsMom2011, That sounds like a very nice trip! I’m glad you’ll be able to spend time with your friend.

3 Likes

Sounds like some fun stuff. We are doing the night time safari at AKL. No dining plan for us either. A couple TS reservations. Plan on hitting F&W at least one day while were there.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to F&W too! I’m planning to be there at least twice, maybe more. It’ll end up being more expensive than QS, of course, but hopefully less than TS meals. What are your ADRs? I’ve got Jiko, HBD and Citricos, along with tea at the GF. Thinking about adding a Kona breakfast on my last day, but I’m not sure.

3 Likes

I pretty much always want to talk. Especially about my trip. I’ve been talking about it enough that my boyfriend now has strong opinions about where to go on which day. This is especially amusing because 1. He isn’t coming and 2. He hasn’t been to WDW since the early 2000s. But oh man, does he have ideas about when I should go to Hollywood Studios. It’s really funny.

4 Likes

Beaches & Cream, BOG lunch, and Boma. My only issue with F&W is it doesn’t start til Thurs when will be at Universal being Harry Potter geeks, want to avoid weekends and are leaving Monday afternoon. So the options are bite the bullet and go Saturday or Sunday, or make that lunch before we leave Monday. Ideally I’d like to get there twice. My Boma res is Friday. May try to switch to another day and hit F&W then.

3 Likes

Have you been to Boma before? It’s one of my absolute favorites! How long is your trip? Might it make sense to add another day to your tickets, then head to F&W after leaving WWoHP? Otherwise, I’d probably pick Sunday over Saturday. I imagine crowds will be lower because locals have work in the morning. Probably a little less rowdy, too.

3 Likes

Ha, that’s funny, but shows he’s paying attention!

If you do add a Kona breakfast, I don’t think you’ll regret it. We always have breakfast there on our first or last day (sometimes both!)

2 Likes

The macadamia pineapple pancakes sound like perfection. And it would mean I get one last monorail ride in, as I think my final park will be Epcot. I think I’ll make the ADR on my lunch break! I can always cancel it, as I have cancelled so many others in this process.

2 Likes

Everyone raves about the tonga toast (which is great), but those pancakes are great too - that’s why I like to go to Kona twice. And if it means an extra monorail ride for, then even better - love the monorail!

2 Likes

Have not been to Boma, can’t wait. Have read lots of good things about it. Trip is 7 days counting arrival and departure days. Doing MNSSHP on arrival day, Tuesday. We have 5 days of DW tix and the one day at Uni plus the MNSSHP tix. We are doing Halloween Horror Nights at Uni that day as well so F&W is not an option. Planning on doing Downtown Disney for a while on Friday after WWoHP and HHN on Thurs, then Boma for early dinner and a park in the evening. Sunday and Monday seem to be the best F&W days, or maybe rearrange Boma and go to F&W Friday. Don’t think it’d be hard to get a different Boma res.

3 Likes

Ahh, I see. I agree, a different Boma res shouldn’t be too difficult to snag. It’s so very good, I hope you love it. The last time I was there, I tried about a tablespoonful of everything on the buffet. All of the sides, all of the salads, all of the soups. I was stuffed to the gills even after just a bite of everything, but it was such a fun thing to do.

I hope you enjoy Halloween Horror Nights! Totally not something that I could do, I’d probably die of a heart attack at the first sign of trouble, haha.

4 Likes

I tried the Tonga Toast at Captain Cook’s and was underwhelmed. Maybe it’s the strawberry sauce that makes the difference? It was good, but I kind of expected some sort of transcendental experience based on how vocal people are in their affection for it. I certainly wouldn’t turn it down if offered, but I kinda think it’s a little overhyped.

Of course, there are people who say that about Dole Whips, so to each their own!

3 Likes