What's the weirdest thing you pack?

Wow! That’s a great idea!

I have one of those obsolete Rams flags.:slightly_smiling_face:

somewhere I read a To Go cardboard container from a fast food restaurant (chic-fila) for carrying multiple drinks up to the room. I thought that was brilliant.

2 Likes

no, from LI NY. Just an odd football allegiance, from way back in the Vince Ferragamo days so I am probably one of the few not angry with the move.

1 Like

I’m not bringing it next trip since we are renting a Challenger and it should be a bit easier to spot

2 Likes

Is it weird that we bring back the mouse ears we purchased on our first trip rather than buying any more?

2 Likes

Only if being smart is weird. Recycling mouse ears trip to trip is a good strategy…

1 Like

Ah hem…bathroom spray.

7 Likes

When we went last year we ordered starbucks but were told we couldn’t use our snack credits. Did someone mess up?

You got hosed.

BOOO! I look forward to fixing this next trip!

1 Like

I pack that for EVERY trip I take, not just to WDW. As someone put it, it’s just kind.

1 Like

I’m planning on stashing an empty gym/duffel bag in my suitcase, almost no extra weight. Souvenirs can go in the suitcase. Dirty laundry in the duffel. Straight into the machine when we get back home.

3 Likes

I’ve heard the wifi is spotty in the parks, have you had an issue with that?

Weirdest things I pack? A trouser coat hanger, the ones with the clips, and bluetack. I am someone who needs sleep and must sleep in a dark room. And by dark I mean pitch black. The bluetack goes over any lights on the tv/aircon/smoke detector etc (especially if they flash) and I use the hanger to clip together the curtains so there are no gaps to let the sunshine in. Extreme? Maybe. But you would not want to encounter a jet lagged sleep deprived me

1 Like

I love the hangar idea!! I hate the dreaded crack in the drapes!! Thank you!!

No problem. I saw it on the internet (on a Disney tip list actually). And it was a revelation :smile:

1 Like

I usually use a few clothspins for the drape. Always oack them good for many things

2 Likes

That is my weird item too. The plastic shoe organizer. It’s a game changer. Especially if you’re like me and little bits of clutter stress you out

I always bring the collapsable hampers with us, great for doing laundry and also segregating any dirty clothing in one suitcase on the way home. (That also tends to be the suitcase where we pack the souvenirs, figuring TSA will get less excited about the contents after they open it and catch a whiff of our teen boys’ dirty socks.)

My husband is also a coffee fanatic, so we usually bring whole beans and a grinder. I haven’t brought a coffee maker, but tend to frantically search photos of our resort just before the trip so I know what kind of coffee maker they have so we can plan accordingly for filters and coffee. I hope and pray they won’t switch to Keurig, which he won’t drink.

Does anyone know if you can do the advance order at the Starbucks at WDW? We did DL last year and after spending over an hour in a Starbucks one morning because my husband was not sufficiently caffeinated and was getting very cranky, I learned to order and pay in advance from my phone as we walked out the hotel door, pick up his coffee at a Downtown Disney Starbucks, and have him fully caffeinated and ready to roll by the time we made it to the security check. The kids were fully in support of that, as they are true Touring Plans fans and realized that the hour wasted in Starbucks in California Adventure in the morning was an hour when they could have done more attractions and experienced shorter lines.

We also bring protein powder in smaller plastic bottles, rather than lugging the giant canister, but that’s not nearly as weird as the coffee thing.