What's the weirdest thing you pack?

OMG, so many good ideas! Def bringing a laundry hamper and travel with a multistrip outlet all the time.

Oh boy - I do love a quad venti caramel macchiato… do you know if we can use the starbucks reward stars in the parks? I may try saving up all my free drinks so I can save my snacks for F&WF

I wasn’t able to use my rewards at SB in the parks unfortunately. Hopefully they change this!

I believe only the Starbucks at Disney Springs allow you to use rewards points.

Good to know. After I was shot down at MK, I didn’t ask any more. One free usage is better than none.

2 Likes

Nice to see I’m not the only person to travel with a clothesline. I made one of those DIY travel clothesline out of some shock cord (something like this: https://forums.tombihn.com/questions-about-bags/7115-diy-travel-clothesline.html) which allows me to attach the ends on pretty much anything in the room. I can easily hand wash a few items and allow them to dry overnight. With the “braided” clothesline, I can just shove a small amount of fabric into the braids and it holds in place. Or I can drape it over the clothesline. I can attach one looped end using that girth hitch (kinda like how you’d loop it to attach a non-buckled luggage tag to your suitcase) and the other end can easily be held in place with a simple pen stuck into it to keep it from shifting (I also bring some small s-biner (carabiners) to make it easier, too).

I usually travel with my own tea, too! And I’m from the US. LOL I won’t make hot water in the hotel coffee pots (which still smells like coffee). I bring my own travel immersion water boiler thing. Just plug it in and it heats up my water in minutes. – However, this year, on my very first trip to WDW, I’m thinking of getting that refillable mug from the hotel and using that to get unlimited tea refills from the quick service place at my hotel.

3 Likes

Weirdest thing… a printer? To print off my touring plans at the last minute the night before.

Also a folding chair, so I could put my computer on the bed and sit on something. One year, we were staying in a place with bar chairs (so I didn’t bring the folding chair) and a high dresser with a TV on it. I brought an HDMI cable and a wireless keyboard/mouse and used a drawer for the keyboard.

We also bring our own peanut butter. DH doesn’t like Skippy… only Canadian Kraft Smooth peanut butter.

4 Likes

I had never thought of bringing an HDMI cable with me to connect laptop to TV for watching streaming stuff (Netflix, etc).

Has anyone successfully connected one of those ROKU sticks to a hotel TV?
I tried it once but couldn’t figure out how to get it to work with a hotel TV. It works fine at home though.

HDMI cables to connect laptops are a great idea! Does that mean that my Firestick will work too?

Dr. Scholls foot pads.

we brought a toaster for bagels and such in the room for breakfast. Worked out great for getting the kids ready to go to the parks and not fighting the crowds at the cafeteria

3 Likes

I think I saw that someone brought their Chromecast and it worked, so I assume that a Firestick would also work. As long as you have access to the HDMI port you should be good!

I have a dust mite allergy and hotels can wreak havoc with it. I bring my own pillow in a dust mite proof cover.

1 Like

Wasn’t doable at POR. I brought a Roku stick and there was no HDMI port on the TVs

I pack a St Louis Rams car window flag to help me spot the white/grey/silver rental car in the parking lot full of white/grey/silver rental cars.
I also pack the hanging closet shelf and over the door shoe/jewelry organizer.

7 Likes

Which hotels have HDMI ports on the TV?
I’ll be staying at Beach Club next month. Was hoping to bring a Roku stick and maybe an HDMI cable.

1 Like

Beach club is up to date with the TVs. And, they are a huge, by the way. I think we had a 55" tv in our room. We used the Amazon fire.

2 Likes

Are you from St. Louis? Better update with a Cardinals one!!!

This is seriously the one thing I always WISH I had thought to pack after we’ve been at WDW about 2 days

Havnt seen it listed so it must be sorta weird. But I bring a back-up phone. Didn’t purposely go out and buy a backup phone. Upgraded to a new one and found out I could still use my old one to connect to Wi-Fi, get emails, chat with you all via this forum, acces my MDE acct. etc… Can’t text or make calls as you need active service but works like a tablet just the same.

1 Like