What's the longest continuous time you've worn a mask?

Sounds like you both had a good day to be in the park! Unfortunately that closure list covers much of what my DD3 and DD7 could go on except for the kiddie rides, Ferris wheel and log flume. That’s my hangup with Six Flags lately, it is awesome for older kids but I have trouble keeping the younger ones busy. If we think about going I’ll check the ride closure list first. Were they running the water park? Good to know about the masks- if/when we do end up going somewhere I will bring my supply of blue medical masks along as well. Kudos to you for braving the heat today! Did it get to your DS very much?

The log flume and Colossus Ferris wheel were up and running. We could have ridden the log flume all day with no line-just crazy how few people were there! The water park opens July 10, but I don’t think we will be going to that. I don’t see how we can be socially distant in there, and I don’t believe masks will be required. DS did great today; we both drank plenty of water and took breaks in the shade.

1 Like

I’ve been wearing my mask almost continually (except for brief periods to takea drink, and 20 minutes or so to eat lunch) sine 7am (5 hours, 41 minutes so far). It’s 94°/34° with 67% humidity and a heat index of 104°/40°. I’ve been going back and forth between the shop (no a/c) and the office (a/c) all day. The guys in the shop have been in the shop since 6 or 7.

This is in Michigan, so we’re definitely “people from the north”. Nobody has been overcome by the heat, mask-related or otherwise. When it’s this hot and humid (and it seems like every time I’ve gone to WDW in summer the weather has been very similar there, though it’s considerably nicer there today) I’m going to be damp and gross-feeling anyway… it feels like you’re breathing steam no matter what, and taking off the mask really doesn’t improve much. We’re pushing the water and Gatorade and electrolyte popsicles on everyone, which is the best you can do.

1 Like

I feel like there are Game of Thrones jokes in here.

:grinning:

2 Likes